Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The hunter became the hunted.
View Quote
Apparently he was checking leopard baits. May have been worried about the trees and got bit by the water. I'll ask on Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WTF is that supposed to mean?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
WTF is that supposed to mean?
Stlee5 trolls every thread he posts in. I can't recall seeing a single post from him that wasn't a troll post like this.  The mods have really been slacking lately. Early today I saw a troll slip up and forget to switch accounts so he quoted and responded to his own post.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
View Quote
There we go. How to get on my ignore list in one sentence. Stupid ass teeners.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Apparently he was checking leopard baits. May have been worried about the trees and got bit by the water. I'll ask on Saturday.
View Quote
From what I have learned he was running his hounds on a leopard track on the Zimbabwe side of the Limpopo River. He and another PH split off in opposite directions, the other PH and the dogs all met back at the truck but Scott was nowhere to be found. He had also left his gun in the truck, the man feared nothing which may have been his downfall. That happened on 04/07, 12 days ago. The search was suspended on Saturday last after 2 crocs were dispatched in the area Scott's pack was found, the crocs had what appeared to be human remains and part of a boot in their stomachs. Very sad and tragic way to go out. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, 2 kids, and his brothers, all very close so I am sure they are hurting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Comment section is just full of
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Scott was a friend of mine and an all around good guy, he will be missed by many. I hunted with him several years ago and we have been in touch ever since, saw him last year in Vegas and shared some laughs over a few beers. Hard to imagine how things transpired leading up to what appears to have happened, my guess is he was trying to rescue one of his dogs but I have nothing other than my gut to base that on.
View Quote
Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess he was not professional enough
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have water skiied in that river there before.   You just need to watch for the crocs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess he was not professional enough
View Quote
Pretty poor form when another arfcomer knew him personally (and is posting in this thread).
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Scott was a friend of mine and an all around good guy, he will be missed by many. I hunted with him several years ago and we have been in touch ever since, saw him last year in Vegas and shared some laughs over a few beers. Hard to imagine how things transpired leading up to what appears to have happened, my guess is he was trying to rescue one of his dogs but I have nothing other than my gut to base that on.
View Quote
Sorry for your loss. Is there any reason to suspect fowl play? The crocs would make a hell of a scapegoat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm very sorry about you friend TinSpinner, he must have been a very fascinating guy.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There we go. How to get on my ignore list in one sentence. Stupid ass teeners.
View Quote
Hes a troll.  I cant believe he hasnt been banned yet.  Look at his post history.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn there are some fucking douchebags in this thread.

My condolences to those who knew him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry for the loss of this man.  I will pray for his family.  Shame on the trolls.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
That ain't no way to go....
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
No video?  This is 2017.  WTF?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#18]
And some of the comments in this thread are
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"died after apparently being eaten by crocodiles"

Yeah. You tend to die after you get eaten by pretty much anything.
View Quote
I'd expect you die just before or during, if we're going to split hairs...particularly since we're talking about crocs.  Not a whole lot of swallowing whole for crocs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
He was trying to find a lost dog. The dog eventually showed up back at camp but he didn't. That's when they started looking for him and found his pack at the edge of the river.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#21]
To be honest, I had balls back then or I didn't know much better.  Now it's a no go for me
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#22]
The DNA tests confirm that the remains taken from the crocodiles were those of Scott. At least the family will have some closure now.

Thanks to those who have offered condolences, keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry to hear it ...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#24]
IBTL
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
View Quote
DERP
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top