BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rock River Arms has .458 SOCOMs available for order and is coming out with .308 rifles.

THats not new news.

A price on the .458 would be news.

ETA:  $660 list for the upper per RRA's website.  $1065 for the complete rifle.

$1100 for the standard flattop .308.  Uses FAL mags.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It looks like we won't be seeing many more 556 pics posted in the SigForums for awhile (at least not ones without the BIG ASSED watermarks).

colblaster

Posted February 09, 2006 02:46 PM
WAS!?! looks like LBJs pictures are already gone ?

Whats up with that ?

Posts: 12 | Location: Falcon, CO | Registered: November 17, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
1Zach1
A thousand words
Picture of 1Zach1

Posted February 09, 2006 02:48 PM

quote:
   Quoted:

Whats up with that ?

You saw nothing.

caporider

Posted February 09, 2006 03:06 PM
Here's a repost with the levels turned up for more detail.

1Zach1
A thousand words
Picture of 1Zach1

Posted February 09, 2006 03:10 PM
You think that picture might have been taken down for a reason?

caporider,

I see you are new here so I will let you in on a little something here.

If one of the owners posts a picture here and shortly thereafter takes it down and deletes his post, he may have had a good reason for doing so. Further he will probably not be too happy about you reposting it.

LBJ doesn't have El Kabong as his avatar for nothing. Take heed.

Continued here... sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584/p/26

Which picture is in question... do we have a copy here?

Did something "new" get posted...?

- BG
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It looks like we won't be seeing many more 556 pics posted in the SigForums for awhile (at least not ones without the BIG ASSED watermarks).

colblaster

Whats up with that ?

Posts: 12 | Location: Falcon, CO | Registered: November 17, 2005 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
1Zach1
A thousand words
Picture of 1Zach1

quote:
   Quoted:

Whats up with that ?

You saw nothing.

caporider

1Zach1
A thousand words
Picture of 1Zach1

caporider,

If one of the owners posts a picture here and shortly thereafter takes it down and deletes his post, he may have had a good reason for doing so. Further he will probably not be too happy about you reposting it.

Continued here... sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584/p/26

Which picture is in question... do we have a copy here?

Did something "new" get posted...?

- BG

This pic

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
IF you can put on a 550 stock and IF you can put on a regular forearm and IF they get rid of that rail and put the standard 550 diopter sights on, I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]

One on top looks MUCH better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that SIG's new ar mags? They look translucent.

The top pic reminds me of a Robinson XCR?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

colblaster

Whats up with that ?

1Zach1
A thousand words
Picture of 1Zach1

quote:
   Quoted:

Whats up with that ?

You saw nothing.

caporider

1Zach1
A thousand words
Picture of 1Zach1

caporider,

Oh please, give me a damn break allready...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it just me or does the M16 magazine well look removable to anyone else... notice the bult toward the fore of the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#9]
tag for updates
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF is wrong with Sig Forum? The mods there are douchebags.

OMG, we posted a pic, now we need to take it down

Hey Sig Forum mods, fuck off.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i1.tinypic.com/nfpp93.jpg

One on top looks MUCH better.

that lil rail is gay
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
That forward grip is janky.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Several of the guys at the show are indicating that the rifle is indeed very very heavy:

M5Police

Posted February 09, 2006 04:09 PM
Hi everyone. Just got out of the Shot Show today here in Vegas and got to hold this bad boy. Trust me I need to work out to hold this puppy. It is heavy! The thing was empty too. The AR type mags made by Sig will have the signature clip together clips so you can have two mags together. Cool gun but way too heavy esp when loaded up with the flashlights and fore grip they had. The 551 commando was awesome. But too bad we cant have it. 556 will suffice.

There is one rule:

There are no rules.

sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584/r/886108784#886108784

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#14]
They took the pic down because people here were linking to it???

Geez people. It's the Internet. That's the whole point...  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#15]
HMMM

So if this new SIG takes AR mags...

...and they have clear polymer mags for this 556...

...Will their polymer mags work in our ARs?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Oh sheesh.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh sheesh.....

was I wrong or right? I won't surf to SIGforum right now as I am at work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Smith and Wesson introduced an AR-15. Probably $1500 anyway but atleast they know what "real" gun owners want.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think they probably took the pics down because they didn't want any other forums taking credit for
their "exclusive" (at least that was the reason for watermarking the other 556 pics).

"Please forgive the prominent watermarking, guys, but no doubt these images will be shared elsewhere, and we want it to be known who had this first. Wink In a couple of days, we'll replace these with non-watermarked images."

sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584/p/1
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they probably took the pics down because they didn't want any other forums taking credit for
their "exclusive" (at least that was the reason for watermarking the other 556 pics).

"Please forgive the prominent watermarking, guys, but no doubt these images will be shared elsewhere, and we want it to be known who had this first. Wink In a couple of days, we'll replace these with non-watermarked images."

sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584/p/1

Watermarking I understand fully; That should do it though. The "nyah nyah we're first" is irritating though.

Edit: Thanks for the link, I'll check it at home.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Smith and Wesson introduced an AR-15. Probably $1500 anyway but atleast they know what "real" gun owners want.

Will the S&W AR have a magazine safety and a key lock?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Several of the guys at the show are indicating that the rifle is indeed very very heavy:

i1.tinypic.com/nfpp93.jpg

M5Police

Posted February 09, 2006 04:09 PM
Hi everyone. Just got out of the Shot Show today here in Vegas and got to hold this bad boy. Trust me I need to work out to hold this puppy. It is heavy! The thing was empty too. The AR type mags made by Sig will have the signature clip together clips so you can have two mags together. Cool gun but way too heavy esp when loaded up with the flashlights and fore grip they had. The 551 commando was awesome. But too bad we cant have it. 556 will suffice.

There is one rule:

There are no rules.

sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584/r/886108784#886108784

Bigfeet

So, if SIG is making new AR15 mags that clip together like the famous 550 mags, and copied by HK's G36 then why not just sell the 556 with a standard 550 lower and mags

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh sheesh.....

was I wrong or right? I won't surf to SIGforum right now as I am at work.

I avoid the place if at all possable, every now and then one of my buddies will email me a link to a thread or something.

At one time, it was a very good place, BUT sadly it fell harder than Monica Lewski going to her knees.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584/p/1

Watermarking I understand fully; That should do it though. The "nyah nyah we're first" is irritating though.

Looks like it's turned into a personal issue between one of the SigForm mods and a Firing Line poster.

"parabellum
Owner/Admin
Picture of parabellum

Posted February 09, 2006 04:28 PM
Tom, I can't get to tweaking those photos now, so just go ahead and put 'em back up in the raw form you had them.
It would be niceto be able to lighten them, but hey, they've already been stolen by Greg Bell on TFL, and I've contacted Rich Lucibella about the theft of this image off our site.

Hey, Greg? I understand you're still pissed off about getting banned over here, but you asked for it, and you now it.
I also understand that you lack the maturity to be patient in any way for your new toy, so the running around in little circles you've done over this rifle, acting if you're a 12 year old rying to get his first kiss from a girl, is no surprsie.
Let me ask you something, Greg; are you this smooth with everything you do, partner? You run your mouth so much you manage to get banned, then spend the next two weeks trying to be clever on TFL, and then you steal an image off my site? Smooooooth, baby, you are one smooth customer.
Theft is theft, Greggie Boy, and you, sir, are a thief.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197199&page=10

Post#243. T-h-i-e-f. Oh, and one more thing, Greg. No one has us "trained". SIGARMS has given us carte blanche at that booth. We took those images down because when I saw them I saw they needed to be tweaked to lighten up, and to put a copyright mark on them which, actually, is not necessary for the priotection of intellectiual properyy anyway. It just makes it a bit more obvious to thieves like you. And lookie there, Greg. I was right wasn't I? Didn't take you long. How did I know it would be you, Greg? Right.

Now, are you happy? You've been jonesing for attention, and you got it."
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#25]
geez.

LAME!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tpc/f/630601935/m/722107584/p/1

Looks like it's turned into a personal issue between one of the SigForm mods and a Firing Line poster.

"parabellum
Owner/Admin
Picture of parabellum

Posted February 09, 2006 04:28 PM
Tom, I can't get to tweaking those photos now, so just go ahead and put 'em back up in the raw form you had them.
It would be niceto be able to lighten them, but hey, they've already been stolen by Greg Bell on TFL, and I've contacted Rich Lucibella about the theft of this image off our site.

Hey, Greg? I understand you're still pissed off about getting banned over here, but you asked for it, and you now it.
I also understand that you lack the maturity to be patient in any way for your new toy, so the running around in little circles you've done over this rifle, acting if you're a 12 year old rying to get his first kiss from a girl, is no surprsie.
Let me ask you something, Greg; are you this smooth with everything you do, partner? You run your mouth so much you manage to get banned, then spend the next two weeks trying to be clever on TFL, and then you steal an image off my site? Smooooooth, baby, you are one smooth customer.
Theft is theft, Greggie Boy, and you, sir, are a thief.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197199&page=10

Post#243. T-h-i-e-f. Oh, and one more thing, Greg. No one has us "trained". SIGARMS has given us carte blanche at that booth. We took those images down because when I saw them I saw they needed to be tweaked to lighten up, and to put a copyright mark on them which, actually, is not necessary for the priotection of intellectiual properyy anyway. It just makes it a bit more obvious to thieves like you. And lookie there, Greg. I was right wasn't I? Didn't take you long. How did I know it would be you, Greg? Right.

Now, are you happy? You've been jonesing for attention, and you got it."

YIKES!!

That got ugly fast...

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I once saw two guys  kiss on TV, and up until right now that was  the gayest thing I'd ever seen.

The SigForum  mods need to get over themselves.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#28]
so wasn't parabellum a grouch on the old sigforum, then when the forums went under after the Glock mag scam he bought it so people would be his friends?  something like that?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
From looking at the picture above I am guessing the Sig Rep in the booth will say this to himself tonight:

"I swear I put a rear sight on this rifle this morn...wait a minute!  Theiving bastards!"

That is funny

(but the rear BUIS actually fold down into the rail. It has two different options large /small holes)

I'd post the pix, but I may get a drive-by from the SIG-guys if I did.  

fug' em (water-marks and all)

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]
tag for later pics
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From looking at the picture above I am guessing the Sig Rep in the booth will say this to himself tonight:

"I swear I put a rear sight on this rifle this morn...wait a minute!  Theiving bastards!"

That is funny

(but the rear BUIS actually fold down into the rail. It has two different options large /small holes)

I'd post the pix, but I may get a drive-by from the SIG-guys if I did.  

fug' em (water-marks and all)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/556g.jpg

Edit out the watermarks,  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#32]
The sigforum guys have been totally incapable of handling themselves like adults during this whole SIG 556 affair.  It's like watching a bunch of fat kids fight over the last scoop of ice cream.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn Parabellum is a douche. It is not like anyone is saying that they got the picture before sigforum.com got it. Guess they want to tout their relationship with SIG every chance they get. Its about the onlything they have going for them. Lord help if anyone ever hotlinked to arfcom, ever.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I once saw two guys  kiss on TV, and up until right now that was  the gayest thing I'd ever seen.

A big +1. Shades of Brokeback Mountain.

...and "Tag" for future updates on the SHOT show.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#35]
tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

stop stop, my sides are killing me.......
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Did those dingbats at RobArm actually show a production XCR?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Why is it that people in SHOT Show pics always look exactly the same as people at Star Trek/Sci-Fi/comic book conventions?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Why is it that people in SHOT Show pics always look exactly the same as people at Star Trek/Sci-Fi/comic book conventions?

Except for the booth babes!

Unless they're dressed that way on purpose...of course.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The sigforum guys have been totally incapable of handling themselves like adults during this whole SIG 556 affair.  It's like watching a bunch of fat kids fight over the last scoop of ice cream.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

stop stop, my sides are killing me.......

Tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#44]
So it went from looking for SHOT news to bitching about a mod in another forum who happen to get an exclusive and wanted a little credit for his efforts. ARFCOM is fucking pathetic sometimes
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
So it went from looking for SHOT news to bitching about a mod in another forum who happen to get an exclusive and wanted a little credit for his efforts. ARFCOM is fucking pathetic hilarious sometimes

There fixed it for you.

Oh,... Lighten Up Francis.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So it went from looking for SHOT news to bitching about a mod in another forum who happen to get an exclusive and wanted a little credit for his efforts. ARFCOM is fucking pathetic hilarious sometimes

There fixed it for you.

Oh,... Lighten Up Francis.

You're pathetic!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rock River Arms has .458 SOCOMs available for order and is coming out with .308 rifles.

THats not new news.

The .458 SOCOM uppers just became available today.

According to the RRA rep in the industry forum they were made available today to coincide with the opening of the SHOT show.

We had a member order one yesterday,  They didn't say when it'd ship though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

We had a member order one yesterday,  They didn't say when it'd ship though.

Probably sometime in 2008.

Don't get me wrong; I love RRA's quality and products (I own 3), but their turn around time and shipping
leaves something to be desired.

Edited to add...

"Rock River Arms Order InfoThank you for your online order.  Your order
will be processed within 24 hours.  In- stock items should ship within
7-10 business days.  Please allow 30-60 days for uppers,  and complete
rifles. Please allow 2-4 weeks for stripped/complete lowers.  Please
allow 1-4 weeks for 6 position collapsible stocks, two-stage trigger
kits, and 4 position collapsible stocks. Barrel orders will be filled
upon availability of barrels, at this time we do not have an estimated
shipping time.  Thank you,  Sales Dept. Rock River Arms, Inc"

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#49]
... Seen Lou there this year?

... and the Uzi Triangle guy here?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
... Seen Lou there this year?

... and the Uzi Triangle guy here?

x7.putfile.com/2/3922004829.jpg

WW why did you cut the other guy out, you know the one with the Bush shirt on?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top