Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:24:03 AM EDT
[#1]
ACOG

Yoder YS640

Leupold Mark 5 HD

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Darn Tough Merino wool socks.  Working in a factory I’m on my feet all day, they’re awesome.

ACOG’’s
Geissele triggers
Trijicon RMR’s

Kids.  4 wonderful kids.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Wilson Combat EDCx9
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
SP5, SP5K, and my Uniden R8 radar detector.

The Uniden has probably paid for itself many times over. The HK's just want to be feed all the time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is something very satisfying about quality technical gear....the stuff just works.  

Every time I wear one of their jackets, I'm just flat out impressed with the thought that goes into the design, and quality of the products.  Comfortable, and functional.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WERD! Got a closet full of Klim (including 4 different pants+jackets, multiple pairs of boots, gloves, and a carbon fiber helmet). I'd say that I've got $5K+ of their gear. Why am I such a fan boy? There was a very long, cold, wet September trip to the Black Hills, wearing budget gear. Will never make that mistake again! As soon as I got home I got busy shopping. Have worn it in all kinds of situations and it's never let me down.

There is something very satisfying about quality technical gear....the stuff just works.  

Every time I wear one of their jackets, I'm just flat out impressed with the thought that goes into the design, and quality of the products.  Comfortable, and functional.

It's funny because whenever I don't my tall boots, Adv Rally pants, and Badlands Pro jacket... I feel like I'm wearing indestructible armor. And in many ways I am, but it's that pesky blunt force trauma that gets you. In my own case I've had 9 spinal surgies (well, my 9th will be next month), so yeah... I treat an accident as being something I would NOT WANT to survive, because despite no road rash protection... being paralyzed would suck far more than what I've already been through over the past 14 years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:41:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Thorlo socks.  Specifically their max cushion models.

Worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:47:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Original Henry rifle .....

AutoOrdnance Bridgeport Thompson M1928A1 SMG ....

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's funny because whenever I don't my tall boots, Adv Rally pants, and Badlands Pro jacket... I feel like I'm wearing indestructible armor. And in many ways I am, but it's that pesky blunt force trauma that gets you. In my own case I've had 9 spinal surgies (well, my 9th will be next month), so yeah... I treat an accident as being something I would NOT WANT to survive, because despite no road rash protection... being paralyzed would suck far more than what I've already been through over the past 14 years.
View Quote

Best of luck to you sir.  Hope your 9th will bring you comfort.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:03:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You boys should try Mosko moto.
View Quote

I've pondered replacing my factory panniers on my Tiger 800 OEM hard bags with the Mosko soft ones. I didn't know they make clothing, or did I misread your post? My Klim gear isn't likely to be noticeably bested. Consider that most of it I wanted and waited: I was able to get killer deals on by keeping my eyes peeled. So it's well worth the peace of mind. At roughly 20 pieces of Klim, from head to toe, I've [happily] tied myself to the brand and not really interested in introducing other gear. Especially since I rode far less this year than previous years.

P.S. I was able to buy my [once] brand new, unworn Badlands Pro jacket /w tags attached by regular browsing. Found it for $650... at about half price. I did the same level of deals on climbing clothing gear. I watched countless deals on my Arc'teryx climbing shells. The $850 retail for their heavy shell, I was able to find it for $399 new in package. So I've got a differet closet full of Arc'teryx, Mountain Hardware, Eddie Bauer, North Face, and Cabela's. They're all okay, buy the Arc-teryx outshines most of brands listed there. Mountain Hardwear is the same. That shit is a far more affordable than Arc'teryx, and may be just fine. But the consumer gear gods own my soul now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Data mining thread
View Quote

Why would anyone of consequence need to mine when it's all sent the them directly?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, this thread isn't getting any love from Larry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Data mining thread
Well, this thread isn't getting any love from Larry.

Nice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:57:42 AM EDT
[#13]

I bought one of those and had it shipped to a friend for trade for a one off Harris/Thales RF-5800/PRC-6809. He said I could try it out first but I couldn't bring myself to do it and just shipped it because I knew I would want to keep it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2 post lift..without a doubt.
View Quote

Wish I had the same.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#15]
XM16E1 complete, everything but the lower of course, pristine like a rack queen at a gun show for $400.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Trex decking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:03:42 AM EDT
[#17]

These boots are really damn good. love them.

Nicks Hotshot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:12:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Klim motorcycle gear.
View Quote

Totally worth it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Yamaha 25HP outboard with power tilt and trim and an extended tiller handle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:43:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Basscat Pantera boat before the family company was sold about 5 years ago, they were the last family owned bass boat company that made more than a couple of boats a year.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Randall 28 by FredMan, on Flickr

Are there hundreds of other knives out there that work just as good?  Yes.

There are few other knife manufacturers that have the history, the story, or the cachet that Randall Made Knives does.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Fluke 87V DMM and Simpson 260-9SP VOM
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Fixing to buy a $4k scope for a rifle I haven't even built yet and will probably only shoot 2-3 time a year.

Fuck it, YOLO!
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Woodsman's Pal.

It's just a machete bro...until you need to cut down a tree.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Sennheiser HD800s headphones and a Woo Audio WA22 amp.

I hear everything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Dyson V15 with the beams.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#27]

My wife ..
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Wilson
Ed Brown
Various brands of cars
Bell and Hughes/MD
Scopes (mostly RZR)
Rolex

I only regret the vehicles. Total waste of money.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
2 post lift..without a doubt.
View Quote

The 2 post lift was a total game changer for me, but the real expense was the nice shop I had built to accommodate it.  One of the first things I did was replace the clutch in my old 4wd F150, and I barely got dirty, didn't break a sweat, and didn't ache for days afterward.  I can't ever go back to wrenching without one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Pre lock S&W revolvers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Mannkitchen pepper cannon
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#32]
This might be a bit esoteric for GD, but nothing has exemplified the "buy once, cry once" mantra like airbrushes.
Don't know how many I went through before I decided to pony up the money for "Made in Japan" Iwata HP+ series brushes.
Expensive but worth every penny.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Some really expensive lens replacements for my cataracts. Insurance wouldn't pay for the upgrade but they were worth it. Don't wear glasses for anything now. Best money I ever spent.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#34]
HookBurgleTM

@WhiskersTheCat
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Technivorm Moccamaster coffeemaker

It makes the best coffee I’ve ever had.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'll start. Otter Box phone case. Well made, sturdy and hasn't failed me yet. Expensive but well worth it. What's yours?
View Quote
Apple TV. Yeah Roku sticks and fire sticks get the job done, but they suck in comparison in terms of interface, speed and usability.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Optics, beer, and women tend to be "get what you pay for" things.  Although there are some pretty solid cheaper options.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Klipsch LaScalas. Bought in '96, still sound absolutely incredible and now worth 4 times what I paid for them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Things off top of my head that I use at least once a week,

Kegco craft beer bomber cellar fridge
Large and X-Large Big Green Eggs
Thermoworks Thermapen

There are cheaper versions available of each, but none of these have let me down.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've pondered replacing my factory panniers on my Tiger 800 OEM hard bags with the Mosko soft ones. I didn't know they make clothing, or did I misread your post? My Klim gear isn't likely to be noticeably bested. Consider that most of it I wanted and waited: I was able to get killer deals on by keeping my eyes peeled. So it's well worth the peace of mind. At roughly 20 pieces of Klim, from head to toe, I've [happily] tied myself to the brand and not really interested in introducing other gear. Especially since I rode far less this year than previous years.

P.S. I was able to buy my [once] brand new, unworn Badlands Pro jacket /w tags attached by regular browsing. Found it for $650... at about half price. I did the same level of deals on climbing clothing gear. I watched countless deals on my Arc'teryx climbing shells. The $850 retail for their heavy shell, I was able to find it for $399 new in package. So I've got a differet closet full of Arc'teryx, Mountain Hardware, Eddie Bauer, North Face, and Cabela's. They're all okay, buy the Arc-teryx outshines most of brands listed there. Mountain Hardwear is the same. That shit is a far more affordable than Arc'teryx, and may be just fine. But the consumer gear gods own my soul now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You boys should try Mosko moto.

Mosko makes gear as well. I have a bunch of their jerseys and some rain gear and their lightweight rain gear is amazing.

I have quite a bit of Klim stuff as well they both make excellent gear. Mosko is just local to me so we see more of it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Mission 767 “ The Beasts “ in Rosewood. Tri- Amplified
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Me e-bike. I almost talked myself out of getting it as $1500 for a bike is ridiculous but it is so fun to ride. It's give me my mobility back
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Wahl clippers
Sony televisions
Zwilling Pro S knives
Meindl boots
Leupold optics
Hunter elk leashes and collars
Filson bridle leather double belt
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Darn Tough Merino wool socks.  Working in a factory I’m on my feet all day, they’re awesome.

ACOG’’s
Geissele triggers
Trijicon RMR’s

Kids.  4 wonderful kids.
View Quote

@USMC7382

you are 100% right about merino wool

I used to have some regular cheap insultaed moccasins to wear around when it was cold

well my wife bought be some real deal Uggs that use merino wool, holy moly...it's like night and day. your feet can sweat, but they don't get cold.

mocs get wet...don't matter, your feet stay warm.

it's a game changer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#46]
911 Turbo S
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Yamaha R-Max
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#48]
new knee and two new shoulders
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fixing to buy a $4k scope for a rifle I haven't even built yet and will probably only shoot 2-3 time a year.

Fuck it, YOLO!
View Quote

You ain’t lying. I have had some pretty decent scopes over the years and last year I bought a vx6 hd and thought holy shit that’s the dick for dolly. I then bought a nightforce off of the ee last week and realized that I’m going to be spending a shit ton more money on optics in the future.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Sitka
Crispi
Lone Wolf
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top