Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I go to work and shit hits the fan when I come back online!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Dr:

AFARR, you are telling me nothing I don't already know. Shame you had to type all of that!

I figured you, ARDOC, ClayP, E.A.Sr and some others would realize it--just typing for the people who don't understand how it works.

Around here (as I am learning as a resident) reimbursement sucks--UPMC, BC/BS, Medicare, and Medicaid (in multiple disguises as HMO, "insurance", etc). don't pay much at all....the prices I listed (aside from the OR time and CXR/EKG were pretty close to what is billed/reimbursed).

AFARR
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dr:

AFARR, you are telling me nothing I don't already know. Shame you had to type all of that!

I figured you, ARDOC, ClayP, E.A.Sr and some others would realize it--just typing for the people who don't understand how it works.

Around here (as I am learning as a resident) reimbursement sucks--UPMC, BC/BS, Medicare, and Medicaid (in multiple disguises as HMO, "insurance", etc). don't pay much at all....the prices I listed (aside from the OR time and CXR/EKG were pretty close to what is billed/reimbursed).

AFARR

Yeah, it wasn't worth it to me anymore. Your average person thinks we see nice normal people with nice families who are truly sick or injured. 50% had some form of mental or emotional illness, most were on some sort of gov't program. Just not worth it. I would gladly accept $40 per visit if I could see decent patients and not deal with all the gov't bullshit.

IMO it is going to get much worse before it gets better.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]

much worse before it gets better

Without a doubt!!

It will take Doctors leaving in droves, massive declines in Med School Enrollment, and probably some Senator's or Representative's Child/Grandchild dying before there is some major overhaul of the system.

Hopefully Malpractice reform comes at the same time.

AFARR
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top