Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy a Kreiger barreled SPR upper that Global Tactical has for $985. Mine shoots sub .5 moa 5-shot groups with factory black hills. Add lower of your choice with Geiselle trigger. You'll be at $2k max there.

Then add scope and mount. You'll be at $3k with a rifle that is complete and will shoot just as well, maybe better.

There are a lot of little things that add up quickly.  BUIS, sling mounts, rail covers, sling, case ect  Notice it also comes with a scope mount (extra $100 right there depending on quality)

I really dont see this as being THAT out of line.

If it were me though I would built it myself just so I got EXACTLY what I wanted for my money.  I'm also not sold on the VIS.

Thanks for the help Sarge....I'm with you on this, spend the money to get exactly what I'd want....I'd probably ditch the ERGO and E-MOD for something else....

Before you make a final decision look at the parts market.  I havent built anything in several months but I know a few months ago you couldnt find shit.  It may be that you can not find the parts you need to complete a build, thus making this a better deal.

I think the market/supply is catching up but I'm not sure.  I banned my broke ass from looking too

No kidding there....if I'm not careful, the wife is gonna hand me my ass.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Because it's an AR.

For 3 grand I'd pick up something different.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
that is not worth 3k build it yourself and save 50%

This
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
5.556mm = obscure ammunition. harder to find than the .2223, though ballistically similar.

Good catch!

You could, however, go with something like a LaRue OSR.

That's just my opinion. Really, it's your cash and whatever you want to do with it. You want an SPR and this is the right one for you, do it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
no mag.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
that is not worth 3k build it yourself and save 50%

This

You arent gonna get anything that nice for $1500.  You can build a nice rifle for that but its not going to be all very similar.

If it was me I would get the best barrel I could find.  I saw some pretty decent deals on WAO barrels not too long ago.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top