User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You may have a good point(s)

I'm going to bed.

A.K.A. GD is probably not the place to launch your platform.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Come on––they think the entry level job is POTUS.  

Well, 212+ people in the Electoral college sure did.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

good old Ross Perot

was the closet to success.

when you are worth 4 billion you have a good shot of doing anything.

We need a Ross Perot to pave the way.

Yup that's just what we need Good old Ross Perot to lead us down that 3rd party road. All the way to complete and total domination by the Democratic party.

All that will happen is the conservative, and Republican vote will be split. The Liberals, and Democrats will remain unified, and keep electing Democrats. Perot gave us that great gift two times.

One would think that a reasonable person would see that a third party represents nothing but failure, for any conservative take over of the government, at the presidential level.

You third party boys can just take that idea, and shove it up your asses. It's only fair, as that's what you'll be doing to the rest of us concervative voters.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The current party is too radical. I think a majority of Moderates would adhere to most of the ideals if they toned it down a bit.

You gotta start in easy - not go in and abolish everything the next day. Put forward a set of solid, attainable goals and achieve them.

ETA - nothing has done more to rob you of civil liberties and given local, state, and fed gov. more authority to watch over you than the 'war on drugs'.

'Conservatives' who think drugs are bad and icky and should stay illegal should pull their collective heads out and realize this is just another front the gov. uses to chip away at your rights.

Most Conservatives don't buy the 'government conspiracy to chip away your rights' stuff...

It isn't some grand conspiracy. Its just lawmakers going - huh - that ain't working - let's try this. How can we get probable cause to search a house w/o a warrant  - I know I SMELL something.

As is we aren't living in hell. But if someone wanted to exploit these laws already in the books - it could get Orwellian rather quickly.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
And FWIW - I don't like drugs. I don't think people should do them - but our prisons are over crowded. Id rather a meth head be on the street than a rapist or someone in for assault.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And FWIW - I don't like drugs. I don't think people should do them - but our prisons are over crowded. Id rather a meth head be on the street than a rapist or someone in for assault.

If drugs were not criminal then there would be room to imprison the REAL CRIMINALS for full terms.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If drugs were not criminal then there would be room to imprison the REAL CRIMINALS for full terms.

My point exactly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
The current party is too radical. I think a majority of Moderates would adhere to most of the ideals if they toned it down a bit.

You gotta start in easy - not go in and abolish everything the next day. Put forward a set of solid, attainable goals and achieve them.

ETA - nothing has done more to rob you of civil liberties and given local, state, and fed gov. more authority to watch over you than the 'war on drugs'.

'Conservatives' who think drugs are bad and icky and should stay illegal should pull their collective heads out and realize this is just another front the gov. uses to chip away at your rights.
Most Conservatives don't buy the 'government conspiracy to chip away your rights' stuff...

We tend to have a positive view of the system of government, and focus on adjusting the implementation...

The 'OMG, we're losing our rights' stuff doesn't fly, in the face of a world where the Courts are finding new 'rights' every few years, gun laws are becoming more and more permissive, etc...

Trying to convince people who are upset about judicial activism and 'rights creation' as it is, that there are 'more' rights out there, and that recreational drug use might be one of them, is a non-starter...

I'm not a big fan of recreational drug use and abuse either, but making it criminal is not the answer imho.

"....but making it criminal is not the answer imho"

That is because you are intelligent and observant.

The only thing the war on drugs accomplishes is it makes government, bureaucrats, gangsters, and smugglers MONEY. ...just like alcohol prohibition did during the last century.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top