Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:29:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Gonna hang glide the day before my birthday and then fly a plan the day of!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So when the time comes, and you are spending that day by yourself, just remember you're in good company.  
View Quote

Right!  Your best friend (and possibly your worse enemy) is always with you.

ETA:  I don't deviate from my routine because of B-Ds.  If anyone is to be honored, it's the parents.  Bless them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
After 50 who pays any attention to Birthdays?

I don't suspect I'd remember mine at all if it was not for the sammich maker.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:11:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a big fan of hte Dan Wessons 1911s.  Fucking sweet, right out of the box.

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm usually on the road in my semi-truck during the week, so my actual birthdays are usually spent alone. Not a big deal, as my mid-forties aren't that big of a deal anymore.

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:39:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine is tomorrow and I will be spending most of it by myself... husband won't be home til evening. Fine with me.

Edit for typo
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So another year has gone by, I'm another year older today.  Relatives are all out of state, kids are grown.  My daughter moved down south, and my son gets out of work at midnight.  I'll get home at 10pm tonight to my dog, and pour myself a glass of Jack on ice and call it a day.

Two days after Christmas the GF sent me a dear john text telling me it wasn't working out.  Right after I spent a lot of cash on her and her kid so the holiday would be nice for them.  (sorry no pics of GF as I deleted everything I had in a fit of rage.  I don't think I have ever been that pissed in my life)

It's not all bad though.  I immediately started a new Christmas fund, and this December, I won't be doing that again.  This year I will buy myself a new 1911 and let Arfcom pick it out.  I have a safe full of toys, a loading room in my basement with two Dillons, and a range 2 miles from the house.  I have things to be happy about.

So when the time comes, and you are spending that day by yourself, just remember you're in good company.  
View Quote

Coming from someone else who frequently spends birthdays in his own company (more or less, anyway), happy birthday, buddy. Hope you have a couple beers tonight.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]
As an adult I can only think of one time where I've spent two birthdays in a row I've been with family.  And one of those two was with my wife sleeping in a chair next to my hospital bed.  Most of my adult birthdays I've been stationed away from home or on the road.

At any rate a birthday is just another day, you get a little bit older and a little bit slower.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Happy Birthday, OP.

Id have a drink for you right now, but I dont drink.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Not just NO. But hell NO. Last year had my class of 86 high school gf take me out

Life is good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Your life sucks. My life sucks. We're so alike.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have spent a few alone, and deployed.. it can always be worse.
View Quote

I've spent a few away as well.  

Happy birthday OP go out and get yourself a good meal
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Pics of dog, please.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top