Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The only statement that counts is when the Stennis CSG rolls back into the gulf and gives that steely eyed star to all comers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am seeing this a little differently.

You don't want to take these idiots too seriously.  

Having the President, SecDef, or even an Admiral issuing these statements would mean that you actually took the Iranian's threat seriously.  An O-5 Spokesman is the perfect level of "yeah, sure, whatever".

Fuck, I would probably have a public affairs Ensign respond to this foolishness.

Thanks. I am glad to see someone with a brain! If Obama did talk to Iran these fools would be saying he is negotiating with terrorist. Lmao
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Where in the article is it implied that the Obama administration handed the duties of defense or response to an O-5?  You realize that Cmdr Speaks is just a spokesperson relaying a message from above, right?  

Besides, just what are you raging about?  Here is what Obama did.  If you have an article that supports your position or mentions a phone call, I suggest you post a link to it.

President Obama signed new legislation on Saturday that could penalize buyers of Iranian oil, and the European Union has openly talked of a boycott of Iran’s oil

A spokesman for the Defense Department, Cmdr. Bill Speaks, declined to discuss future movements of the carrier, the John C. Stennis. He said that “the deployment of U.S. military assets in the Persian Gulf region will continue as it has for decades.”
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Potus is not monkey on a stick to dance for im a dinner jacket..

this is how it's done

announcement is 100% boilerplate USN  sea lanes doctrine.

thread fail.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having the President, SecDef, or even an Admiral issuing these statements would mean that you actually took the Iranian's threat seriously.  An O-5 Spokesman is the perfect level of "yeah, sure, whatever".

Fuck, I would probably have a public affairs Ensign respond to this foolishness.

Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

I would have been fine if they would have grabbed some third class from the mess decks.

"Uh...yeah....that Ahmadiniwhatever guy?....yeah, fuck you.  We'll kick your ass."

give the task to a Lance Corporal

he'll piss off Iran enough that they'll self destruct
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think we've been doing it this way for just over three years.  Except for those damn jews.  He is more than willing to address them.

Those damn who?

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I think we've been doing it this way for just over three years.  Except for those damn jews.  He is more than willing to address them.

Those damn who?  

The trolls seem to have departed for the night.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

I would have been fine if they would have grabbed some third class from the mess decks.

"Uh...yeah....that Ahmadiniwhatever guy?....yeah, fuck you.  We'll kick your ass."

Lol, I like your style
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess a Navy Commander is in charge of the defense of America now the scumbag Obama is on Vacation? I guess he phoned the Commander personally to answer the threats  warning US Aircraft carriers to stay out of the Straits of Hormuz?

It's like we're in Bizarro World, where the fuck is the President when someone is threatening to blow up one of our Carriers?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/04/world/middleeast/iran-warns-the-united-states-over-aircraft-carrier.html?_r=1&hp

he can't be bothered by such petty little things, c'mon now, the guy deserves a vacation, and allah willing, he'll be going on a perm vacay come Jan of '13 when they ship his worthless ass back to Shitcago
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:47:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Since the Navy can't count on the President to do anything but bow, apologize, and dither about indecisively for weeks?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And how many times did Bush NOT answer stupid rethoric or comments from world leaders and supposed "threats" to our country.  

But hey, if you really need to have something to be angry about, have at it.

ETA, as long as you are complaining about the current Commander in Chief's vacation record, where is the angst and issue with the number of times GW was in Crawford instead of DC post 9-11 through the end of his presidency?   It was a bunch, as I can personnaly attest to.

Do you really think that the President is out of touch and not able to do his job when he is out of DC?

Oh...OK.

We've had the discussion about which President took more vacations, and how much they cost a few times here but I guess you missed them?  The press is not counting Zero's trips to Camp David and did so with Bush, plus, Bush gave up golf right after complaints from people like you, only to fawn over Barry and his 95 rounds while a war is going on.  

Camp David and Crawford, Texas cost the American Taxpayers millions less and the Bush was usually was in contact daily.  Your Zero has been in incognito for weeks now, and Bush never went that long. He also conducted meetings each and every time.  I'm not seeing Barry do anything but: sun his nuts and golf while he's at any of the exotic vacation locales he and the Wookie take like: Hawaii twice this year, Spain for her and that looooong one in the Vineyard but....carrry on

Wow, you are making a lot of assumptions in your posting.  By assuming "who" I perfer, which "side" I am taking, and "what" I know.  I will say I probably have a better Idea of what GWB did at Crawford that pretty much anyone on here as I was there for a good number of his visits in 2001 through summer of 2002.  My unit was one of several tasked to provide specialized support to the boss so my boys and I got to spend some quality time in the Texas Scrub.   At least we did not have far to travel.  So careful what you try to pass off as fact/fiction.

I am not as much in the know on the current President but I am pretty dang sure, the basics have not changed much at all.  

Carefull with assumptions champ, they make you look like a...well, I bet you know the rest.  It is just fun to come in here and taunt the tin foil hat crowd and haters when they are making fools of themselves.

You fly the press?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Hell where have you people been, or maybe your weren't born yet.  The Iranian's have been threatening to close the straits of Hormuz since about 1985.  In 1986 we conducted freedom of navigation exercises in them, even violating their waters and they did nothing, we did it again in 1987 shooting up a bunch of Oil Rigs that they were using to fire on ships from.  In 1991 the CBG Carrier Battle Group I was in went through 3 times to show them we would and could do it.

In none of these incidents did the sitting presidents say a word.  Why would they.  Diplomats were working sanctions just like today, Military was exercising sovereign rights.  Political intervention would only in flame the situation,  Or wait do you all think we need to go kick some iranian ass?  If you do, and you have not served in the Military, shut up or put up, if you have served and you still think that, then go get your head examined.  

Navy Chief, and Proud
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather a Navy Admiral respond to such things than Obongo...

first post and such

Yeah, pretty much.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:07:50 AM EDT
[#15]
WTF?  This is what always happens in these events.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, how can you not agree with this?

Because by law and centuries of precedent the military is subservient to the civil authority, does not act unilaterally, and is not meant to act in place of the Dept of State?

And as long as his statements are in keeping with policy as made by civil authority, no problem.

Agreed. Generals have done things like this for centurys. Its nothing new.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather a Navy Admiral respond to such things than Obongo...

Hell, I'd rather see a Navy Chief respond  rather than Obongo.

Come to think of it, maybe I'd rather see a Chief respond instead of an admiral.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't believe that the commanding officer of an aircraft carrier needs anyone's permission to take actions necessary to defend his ship.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And how many times did Bush NOT answer stupid rethoric or comments from world leaders and supposed "threats" to our country.  

ETA, as long as you are complaining about the current Commander in Chief's vacation record, where is the angst and issue with the number of times GW was in Crawford instead of DC post 9-11 through the end of his presidency?   It was a bunch, as I can personnaly attest to.

Do you really think that the President is out of touch and not able to do his job when he is out of DC?

Oh...OK.

We've had the discussion about which President took more vacations, and how much they cost a few times here but I guess you missed them?  The press is not counting Zero's trips to Camp David and did so with Bush, plus, Bush gave up golf right after complaints from people like you, only to fawn over Barry and his 95 rounds while a war is going on.  

Camp David and Crawford, Texas cost the American Taxpayers millions less and the Bush was usually was in contact daily.  Your Zero has been in incognito for weeks now, and Bush never went that long. He also conducted meetings each and every time.  I'm not seeing Barry do anything but: sun his nuts and golf while he's at any of the exotic vacation locales he and the Wookie take like: Hawaii twice this year, Spain for her and that looooong one in the Vineyard but....carrry on

Wow, you are making a lot of assumptions in your posting.  By assuming "who" I perfer, which "side" I am taking, and "what" I know.  I will say I probably have a better Idea of what GWB did at Crawford that pretty much anyone on here as I was there for a good number of his visits in 2001 through summer of 2002.  My unit was one of several tasked to provide specialized support to the boss so my boys and I got to spend some quality time in the Texas Scrub.   At least we did not have far to travel.  So careful what you try to pass off as fact/fiction.

I am not as much in the know on the current President but I am pretty dang sure, the basics have not changed much at all.  

Carefull with assumptions champ, they make you look like a...well, I bet you know the rest.  It is just fun to come in here and taunt the tin foil hat crowd and haters when they are making fools of themselves.

My assumptions and observations were spot on skippy.  I'm not passing off any fact or fiction, I remember the last time you touted about your "special" duty.  

You're writing in circles now, I know it was much closer to go to the Texas scrub, that was the point but I see you're riled up over something with the tin foil comment

My guess is someone is PWI

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell No! I really think that the President is out of touch and not able to do his job REGARDLESS of where he is!

Some people, sheesh.

Yeah, some people sure show the love for Barry

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#21]

You might want to look back and look at that picture, it magically turned into a pro Obama statement in the space of the picture.  I've never seen that one before, made me laugh.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You might want to look back and look at that picture, it magically turned into a pro Obama statement in the space of the picture.  I've never seen that one before, made me laugh.

I'm guessing someone saw it was linked here and pulled a hondaciv
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hell where have you people been, or maybe your weren't born yet.  The Iranian's have been threatening to close the straits of Hormuz since about 1985.  In 1986 we conducted freedom of navigation exercises in them, even violating their waters and they did nothing, we did it again in 1987 shooting up a bunch of Oil Rigs that they were using to fire on ships from.  In 1991 the CBG Carrier Battle Group I was in went through 3 times to show them we would and could do it.

In none of these incidents did the sitting presidents say a word.  Why would they.  Diplomats were working sanctions just like today, Military was exercising sovereign rights.  Political intervention would only in flame the situation,  Or wait do you all think we need to go kick some iranian ass?  If you do, and you have not served in the Military, shut up or put up, if you have served and you still think that, then go get your head examined.  

Navy Chief, and Proud

A guy that worked for me for years (unfortunately he died two years ago) was on a Frigate during Operation Praying Mantis, as the PO1 Gunners mate that fired his Mark 76 (?) at the oil rig in 1987. I can't think of the name of his ship just now....I know it'll come to me later.  He also claimed his name was out and he was flown home right after the operation. The guy wasn't a bullshit type of guy so I believed that too, who knows.

And Chief, my point was to rag on the shit bird Obama for being on vacation and not having the press ask him any fucking question.    

ETA: the Frigate Simpson was his ship.

ETA #2:  or was it the Gary?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe mtclimbers friend and other site?  It took some work and someone had to tip him off
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#26]
super duty john, would be interested in seeing where I might have posted about that before, as I don't recall ever talking about it on here as I have not had a reason too.  (for the record I was not hauling media, nothing that exciting most of the time).  

I am not a Democrat I am not a liberal, and I did not vote for our current president.  I disagree with a vast majority of his and his administrations policy's and "leanings", but he is still my Commander in Chief, so I am somewhat limited in what I can say on the negative side.

That being said, none of that was the topic of this thread, that is just where some people have taken it.

The point you made which I have asserted is not vaild is that the President of the United States was wrong for not makeing a personal statement to address a lower level commander of a foreign miltiary that was running his suck.  You felt that a mere NAVY CDR spokesman giving a response was inadaqute for the nation.

I disagree, and for that I am labeled as a "fan" and supporter of BHO.

Ok, if you say so.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
super duty john, would be interested in seeing where I might have posted about that before, as I don't recall ever talking about it on here as I have not had a reason too.  (for the record I was not hauling media, nothing that exciting most of the time).  

I am not a Democrat I am not a liberal, and I did not vote for our current president.  I disagree with a vast majority of his and his administrations policy's and "leanings", but he is still my Commander in Chief, so I am somewhat limited in what I can say on the negative side.

That being said, none of that was the topic of this thread, that is just where some people have taken it.

The point you made which I have asserted is not vaild is that the President of the United States was wrong for not makeing a personal statement to address a lower level commander of a foreign miltiary that was running his suck.  You felt that a mere NAVY CDR spokesman giving a response was inadaqute for the nation.

I disagree, and for that I am labeled as a "fan" and supporter of BHO.

Ok, if you say so.

Wow, there you go again....that point was addressed a dozen times...

You got snotty with me saying "what you're not getting...", when I did, and my agenda was very clear, the media gave Barry another pass;  then you said this:

ETA, as long as you are complaining about the current Commander in Chief's vacation record, where is the angst and issue with the number of times GW was in Crawford instead of DC post 9-11 through the end of his presidency? It was a bunch, as I can personnaly attest to.

Did you think I wouldn't banter back over your being condescending to me, in a thread I started?  Then you hijack and turn it into a GWB bashing thread?  

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Dude, where did I ever bash GWB?  I love the man ( in a heterosexual admiration kind of way)  Just pointed out that you sounded quite like the liberal media and talking heads did when GWB spent a good deal of time at Crawford, expecially a month after 9/11, and right around OEF/OIF kicking off.  No bashing, just a comparison.  I apolgize if you took it as such.

as for the rest of it,not worth the energy to type anymore on the subject.  We shall just have to agree to disagree that his response or lack thereof was incorrect or allowed to "pass" by the media.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe mtclimbers friend and other site?  It took some work and someone had to tip him off
Wait did the actual white house pull that pic change That seems like an odd thing to do if it was an official picture

EDIT

OOPs it is a parody site
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because by law and centuries of precedent the military is subservient to the civil authority, does not act unilaterally, and is not meant to act in place of the Dept of State?

And since when does the Obama administration act by law and precedent

Precisely!  Shooting pirates, launching Mavericks at cars full of "suspected" terrorists, and invading sovereign Pakistani airspace to assassinate OBL are all war crimes that Obama will eventually answer for.

ETA: Wouldn't that be some fucking irony!  After all the war crimes threats against Bush and Cheney wouldn't it be something if Obama was the guy who finally set the precedent?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't believe that the commanding officer of an aircraft carrier needs anyone's permission to take actions necessary to defend his ship.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top