User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not all of them, but certaily quite a few. William Calley comes to mind.

Mai Lai is absolutely documented and has never been questioned until now...I love our site but the front page says something about Kerry accusing our troops of "heinous acts" in Vietnam, which is actually TRUE.  It's like saying the Holocaust never happened....I'll probably vote for Bush (have been undecided up to now) but I just don't get the lack of intellectual honesty on BOTH sides.  

No, he said every soldier over there committed atrocities.  Big difference.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mai Lai was a incident where unarmed women/children were killed.  that would probably be heinous on most people's scales.

Okay, bub, that is the second time you have mentioned ONE fucking incident.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its fucking war, what do you expect.  Did we  torture and kill prisoners? Probably or at least our allied did.  If you could do anything to save the grunt next to you, you did it.  You kill one enemy get info and avoid an ambush. So fucking what.  Your guys get to go home.  

No holds barred when you are playing for real.  This sissy PC war shit is ridiculous.  ROKs werent PC and a lot less of them got killed because of it.

That's not what we teach our troops.  Ther are rules of war, and it's not "no holds barred."  Whenever I hear this it most certainly an armchair warrior who has never been a soldier.

How the fuck would you know.  The PC bullshit kept us from winning in 'nam.  I am a vet, so there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey OP,

Instead of asking that kind of question on this forum, why not go to the library and check out a book called STOLEN VALOR, read the fucking thing and then come back on this forum and give us your honest opinion.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not gonna vote your questions suck.

Anytime there is a war. There will be some who will twist off and do unthinkable acts. Those same type of individuals would do it in a civilized society during peace as well though.

But I am sure it was not normal, standard or sanctioned by officers.

Wow - you know absolutely NOTHING about Calley and Mai Lai.  It was ORDERED by officers.

Third time you have mentioned ONE incident.  The responsible parties were punished.  Just because some nutcase officer does something like that, does not mean it is official or sanctioned by the command structure.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not gonna vote your questions suck.

Anytime there is a war. There will be some who will twist off and do unthinkable acts. Those same type of individuals would do it in a civilized society during peace as well though.

But I am sure it was not normal, standard or sanctioned by officers.

I tried to use neutral questions without interjecting my own bias.  What questions shoudl I have used?

Bull fucking shit, no personal bias.  The only reason you started this thread was to prove Kerry was correct.

One choice could have been: A few that were not sanctioned by the chain of command.  Those responsible were punished.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kerry admitted that he/himself commited hienous acts!! What a hypocrite!! Things happen in war . If  a kid coming up to me has a bomb strapped to his chest and is going to kill me or my fellow country men, that will be the last mistake he'llever make! Take care.Coondog

I agree - mostly why I am voting against him, but  the key question is what do regular people, not soldiers who served there, believe about what we did.....as you can see, there are several people on this board, otherwise intelligent, who think killing innocent women and children is not "heinous."  Then those same people will go over to the Russion/chechyn thread and shed a tear for the women and children the terrorists killed.  How is that not hypocrisy?

No, you are the hypocrite.  You are a Kerry supporter trying to prove his case.

First, those that weren't there would have no way of knowing if we did or did not commit atrocities.

Second, you keep bringing up My Lai without acknowledging that Calley and his captain (whose name I cannot remember right now) were tried and convicted for it, as they should have been.

There might have been women and kids caught up in crossfires on occasion, but, other than My Lai, they were not targeted on purpose.

Charlie, much like the muslim terrorists, had a habit of mingling with non-combatants when they attacked.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You need to change your poll.  Certain INDIVIDUALS that were in the military committed crimes but our military did NOT commit crimes.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
sure, some of our soldiers committed war crimes.   But for every U.S. mylai, there were 20 similar communist atrocities. And those WERE sanctioned by their gov/military.  Whereas our war crimes were unusual actions taken by individuals, the communists actions were deliberate and frequent.

20 hell!  More like 2,000.  Charlie pulled that shit every damn day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kerry admitted that he/himself commited hienous acts!! What a hypocrite!! Things happen in war . If  a kid coming up to me has a bomb strapped to his chest and is going to kill me or my fellow country men, that will be the last mistake he'llever make! Take care.Coondog

I agree - mostly why I am voting against him, but  the key question is what do regular people, not soldiers who served there, believe about what we did.....as you can see, there are several people on this board, otherwise intelligent, who think killing innocent women and children is not "heinous."  Then those same people will go over to the Russion/chechyn thread and shed a tear for the women and children the terrorists killed.  How is that not hypocrisy?

First, those that weren't there would have no way of knowing if we did or did not commit atrocities.

Second, you keep bringing up My Lai without acknowledging that Calley and his captain (whose name I cannot remember right now) were tried and convicted for it, as they should have been.

There might have been women and kids caught up in crossfires on occasion, but, other than My Lai, they were not targeted on purpose.

Charlie, much like the muslim terrorists, had a habit of mingling with non-combatants when they attacked.

You are full of shit - I am not a Kerry supporter and I am not trying to prove no one's case.   Why is the knee jerk reaction to label someone who asks questions a Duer, improglio, or a kerry supporter?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am a vet, so there.

thanks for your service.  I take it that is your grandkid in the avatar?  It sure aint' your child if you were "in nam...."
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am a vet, so there.

thanks for your service.  I take it that is your grandkid in the avatar?  It sure aint' your child if you were "in nam...."

Yep, it is my 4 year old grandson, but hey, older men than I have fathered children.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are full of shit - I am not a Kerry supporter and I am not trying to prove no one's case.   Why is the knee jerk reaction to label someone who asks questions a Duer, improglio, or a kerry supporter?  

Because that's usually what people like you are.  What other reason would you have for asking this question if not to prove Kerry correct?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top