Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/21/2018 3:21:15 PM EDT
What war was an AR-15 used in???? Do these fucking morons not understand that an AR-15 is a FUCKING semi-automatic SPORTING rifle. Its not a machine gun. Its not a select fire weapon. So fucking frustrating.

Caught a glimpse of the news while picking up food and the media keeps repeating "WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A WEAPON OF WAR???" Even more frustrating was the Republican she was saying that too didn't counter with the fact that an AR-15 is NOT a weapon of war. and instead just lets them perpetuate that lie.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
But it certainly looks menacing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What war was an AR-15 used in???? Do these fucking morons not understand that an AR-15 is a FUCKING semi-automatic SPORTING rifle. Its not a machine gun. Its not a select fire weapon. So fucking frustrating.

Caught a glimpse of the news while picking up food and the media keeps repeating "WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A WEAPON OF WAR???"
View Quote
Some of them don't understand. Many of them do.

Accept it for what it is: a giant battle of perceptions for the prize of more govt control of the people. And fight back accordingly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't take the sporting approach.

The AR15 is designed to kill people. Specifically tyrants and criminals, which is what the second amendment is for.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Momma always said stupid is as stupid does and whatnot
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything can be a weapon of war if people know soldiers carry it. Pathetic democrats hear and believe what they want.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Weapon of war.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The AR15 is designed to kill people. Specifically tyrants and criminals, which is what the second amendment is for.
View Quote
As are all guns. But it is not a military-grade weapon of war.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]
A major marketing campaign by the NRA to change that perception would be great, and none of that punisher logo "molon labia" bullshit. A serious focused campaign put together  by YOUNG marketing people in the INDUSTRY.

Noir has done a pretty good job
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I am forced to hear MSNBC in the morning by my, uh, female roommate. Joe Scarborough keeps saying that the military decided that an AR15 is more dangerous, lethal, etc. than an M16. WTF is that talking point based on?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#12]
AK-47 and AR-87 are also weapons of war
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Caught a glimpse of the news while picking up food and the media keeps repeating "WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A WEAPON OF WAR???" Even more frustrating was the Republican she was saying that too didn't counter with the fact that an AR-15 is NOT a weapon of war. and instead just lets them perpetuate that lie.
View Quote
it looks like an M16/M4 so to liberals it is an M16/M4.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Also a weapon of war.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am forced to hear MSNBC in the morning by my, uh, female roommate. Joe Scarborough keeps saying that the military decided that an AR15 is more dangerous, lethal, etc. than an M16. WTF is that talking point based on?
View Quote
How do you watch that pathetic shit?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Nobody told me yet.

I am going to make one all black since it will looks more scary. I only have FDE furnished at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A major marketing campaign by the NRA to change that perception would be great, and none of that punisher logo "molon labia" bullshit. A serious focused campaign put together  by YOUNG marketing people in the INDUSTRY.

View Quote
Im not disagreeing with you, but honestly it really doesn't matter.  We are so far gone from logical decision making now that no amount of education, re-branding or even flat out propaganda matters now.

We are two opposing forces staring each other down...and Im not even talking about 2A exclusively.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#18]
If we’re gonna be real about it, “weapons of war” are really supposed to be the most protected by the intent of the Second.

When it was written I don’t believe they’d have seriously considered that “Daddy’s hunting rifle/shotgun” needed such a strong protection since it was basically a necessity for a good number of people to put food on their table. Though any arms capable of fighting with would certainly have still been included.

To OP’s point, no the AR isn’t a military arm... but that shouldn’t even have to be the argument.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I will gladly trade all my AR15's for M16's
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#20]
All of my weapons are designed to kill people.

Why do you think I carry a handgun everywhere I go?

If I could carry an AR everywhere, I would.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm sick of weapon of war used negatively.  Yes it is a weapon if war.  A VERY GOOD weapon of war.   That is why I like it.  It is also good for sporting which I also like.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#22]
The human brain is the most lethal weapon of war
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Arguing on this technicality won't do anything. Usually I counter with, "If the AR15 is a weapon of war, then why is it the rifle of choice for police? I simply want the same tools to defend myself, my family and my community that the police use until they arrive."

Yes I know the 2nd amendedment isn't about law enforcemcement, and taken to its true meaning it specifically implies the same arms that the standing army would use, but by phrasing it that way it usually triggers a "does not compute" in their minds.

Sometimes the argument is followed with "you really don't think that the same police you say are killing minorities all the time should be the only ones to have guns do you?", which most of the time gets them to storm off or get REAL angry.  When they get angry, they start spouting garbage.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m sick of people who are supposedly on our side folding over to the anti’s.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Everything black is associated with crime
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
No communist ever got on a helicopter by being asked nicely.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it is though.  Semi auto is the best.  It not being full auto is not really a disadvantage.  Most of the vets here have either never used full auto or only used it once or twice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Indeed.

Armalite did not design the fucking thing to hunt rabbits. They designed it to make money by selling it to militaries (and it worked).

Hell, the USAF used AR15 marked rifles up until the late 90s.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#30]
The Brown Bess musket is also a weapon of war.

Nearly every firearm ever made is a weapon of war, with the possible exception of double rifles.  But virtually everything was made with the express intent of selling it to military forces for use in war.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Well it is based off one. sorta like this...

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#32]
any weapon is a weapon of war if you're brave enough.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#33]
... quit listening, and start acting
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#35]
BOOM!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#36]
dense gun owners vs dense anti-gunners

an ar-15 is for all intents and purposes an M4. it's dimensionally and functionally the same EXCEPT being burst/full auto.

do you really think anyone gives a flying fuck about the token gun proponent's argument that this ONE feature is the difference?

dont be obtuse

and lets be real no one uses full auto or burst in war anyway, we might as well issue AR's to the army to save money
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Im not disagreeing with you, but honestly it really doesn't matter.  We are so far gone from logical decision making now that no amount of education, re-branding or even flat out propaganda matters now.

We are two opposing forces staring each other down...and Im not even talking about 2A exclusively.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#38]
The AR is a very old gun, not a modern weapon at all. It was designed closer to world war 1 than today. Gas operated semi automatic rifles have been around for over 100 years.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How do you watch that pathetic shit?
View Quote
No joke.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#40]
The 2nd Amendent isn’t about hunting.  It’s about waging war against a tyrannical government...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If we’re gonna be real about it, “weapons of war” are really supposed to be the most protected by the intent of the Second.

When it was written I don’t believe they’d have seriously considered that “Daddy’s hunting rifle/shotgun” needed such a strong protection since it was basically a necessity for a good number of people to put food on their table. Though any arms capable of fighting with would certainly have still been included.

To OP’s point, no the AR isn’t a military arm... but that shouldn’t even have to be the argument.
View Quote
I absolutely agree. I think citizens should be able to own any weapon the military has.

But its still frustrating to see the media and the left keep repeating blatantly false information
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#42]
It's not....yet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Weapon of (Revolutionary) War...

Attachment Attached File

Virtually all firearms are or were derived from military arms... but that's kinda the point, you know.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Weapon of War"
"Sporting Rifle"

Whatever OP, it's all propaganda used to steer fear and gather it where it's needed. The voting booth.

How about this one, is it a weapon of war?
It's just a bolt action after-all.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually the AR-15 was used in limited numbers by some of the American Military Advisors in Vietnam before it became a full blown war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

In July 1960, General Curtis LeMay was impressed by a demonstration of the ArmaLite AR-15. In the summer of 1961, General LeMay was promoted to United States Air Force, Chief of Staff, and requested 80,000 AR-15s. However, General Maxwell D. Taylor, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, advised President John F. Kennedy that having two different calibers within the military system at the same time would be problematic and the request was rejected.[57] In October 1961, William Godel, a senior man at the Advanced Research Projects Agency, sent 10 AR-15s to South Vietnam. The reception was enthusiastic, and in 1962, another 1,000 AR-15s were sent.[58] United States Army Special Forces personnel filed battlefield reports lavishly praising the AR-15 and the stopping-power of the 5.56 mm cartridge, and pressed for its adoption.[44]
https://gundigest.com/reviews/the-ar-16m16-the-rifle-that-was-never-supposed-to-be

Many of the U.S. advisors in Vietnam were equipped with the new AR-15 rifle. Rifles began to surface throughout Vietnam, totally outside the normal small arms procurement process. The first troops using the AR-15 under combat conditions were very enthusiastic, preferring it to all other weapons. The South Vietnamese were impressed with the rifle, as well. In December 1961, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara authorized a purchase of 1,000 AR-15s
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, fuck dude, I dunno what to tell you.

I mean, they ARE more lethal than the M-16, which is why the military wanted them.

ETA - Shit, beat like a rented mule.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#47]
So is this....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
But it certainly looks menacing.
View Quote
Progressives think that the look of the rifle is what makes it deadly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#49]
If the level of force used is appropriate to the situation, the means by which that force is applied is of no consequence.

In other words, if deadly force is justified, how that deadly force is applied is of no consequence.  Legally speaking, it would be no worse to use a "weapon of war" than a pencil, sword, shovel, baseball bat, automobile, sharpened stick, spear, axe, bow and arrow, etc, etc, etc.    With that in mind, if I am in a situation where deadly force is the best option, I would rather have a tool designed to do the job properly, rather than relying on something that may not be as effective.

So, the question really is whether or not deadly force was justifiable.  Of course, shooting kids at a school is not justifiable.  It is the actor, not the device that we should go after.

If they really wanted to save lives, they would try and get legislation that prohibits people under the age of 18, or 21 from getting drivers licenses, because more kids are killed in traffic collisions with young drivers than are killed in school shootings.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's not....yet.
View Quote
Preach it brother!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top