Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Too bad you don't live in my patrol area.  I'd had that investigated and you would have your copy of the report before dinner time.

You drive an infiniti SUV?  You know you're my stalker girl and all but that screams one sign of being high maintenance

[Mr SP1 chiming in now]

Shes not that bad, She had an Audi TT before the QX4.

Thanks for the helpful comments about not parking in driveway. The reason Sp1grrl is parked in the front and not garage is due to the rather large laser system owned by Boeing that I have all spooled up in the garage this week. The crate for said laser system takes up half the driveway.  (why I have Boeing equipment in my garage is another story..  ) Anyway, our street is not a normal neighborhood street; its 40 ft wide and parking while out front is allowed, the city requires vehicles to park with traffic. SP1mama almost always parks correctly but didn't this particular time. Darn. The PD didn't hook us up for it so we may be a bit better off for that but I agree with those of you that think the insurance co is going to try to weasel out on the technicality.

The Q got wacked pretty hard,  the front wheel took a good hit bending up a bunch of suspension and driveline componets. (Thanks for the advice, prk) I will be sure I go everything and inspect what the adjuster find wrong.

What I am worried about is the value of the vehicle has just gone down the drain. I wouldn't buy this vehicle after pulling a Carfax on it. I am going to have to fight the ins co for a diminished value claim.. any advice from the insurance pros here on that topic?

Car got wiped out today but I got a new AR finished and got to see Jessica Simpsons ta-tas about 400 times in the Dukes of Hazzard tonite so I am calling it a wash.  

Were ok and that all that counts, really.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The reason Sp1grrl is parked in the front and not garage is due to the rather large laser system owned by Boeing that I have all spooled up in the garage this week.

SWEET! Can I come to your house and play!?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For future reference, the proper parking hierarchy is to park the most valuable vehicles in the garage, the medium stuff goes in the driveway, and the beaters go out on the street.

That IS her beater!  The Ferrari is in the driveway and the Diablo is in the garage with the Shelby!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The reason Sp1grrl is parked in the front and not garage is due to the rather large laser system owned by Boeing that I have all spooled up in the garage this week.

Sure, just bring a new Q-switch driver, a Pockels cell, and a couple non-linear crystals when you come. Laser is more screwed up than Willie Nelson's W-2 right now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, just bring a new Q-switch driver, a Pockels cell, and a couple non-linear crystals when you come. Laser is more screwed up than Willie Nelson's W-2 right now.

I am on my way with the parts but if i fly down will you guys have a extra SUV for me to drive while I am in Texas?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am on my way with the parts but if i fly down will you guys have a extra SUV for me to drive while I am in Texas?

Sorry, you will have to drive the 'Busa. Keep it below 220.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a bad deal and you have my pity.  Seems like you will probably take it in the but for parking wrong.  I think its stupid also but Im sure it will play a big role in your outcome regardless of the lady not paying attention.  Good luck to you and keep us updated on your outcome
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#11]
she was going faster than 20mph.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
she was going faster than 20mph.

SGat1r5

Maybe...the cop said he'd have to go back and redo the calculations.  Curious to see what's on the report.

No maybe about it.  That SUV weights at least 2 tons.  Take a little bit of force to do that.  ANd unless she had a bigger vehicle than you then it aint gonna be pushed onto the curb that easily.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can have mine, but she might pull a little to the right.

too funny!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I think the moral of the story is simple:
Skip breakfast............sleep late!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:31:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Whatever the law says:

If you hit a stationary object in good road conditions absent mechanical failure of your vehicle, then it is your own dang fault. I have had 2 cars hit while parked, and it sucks. When I was younger, my little brother "borrowed" my car and slammed into a car parked in someone's driveway.

I told him he was a moron, and that it was his fault.

There were skidmarks at least 50 feet long indicating that he was going WAY to fast around a turn and lost it, doing a full-on Dukes of Hazard jump right into a nice older couple's driveway and taking out their car.

They were very nice about it, though. Didn't even call the cops.

Having survived a 400 + mile trip this weekend, I can assure you that the vast majority of accidents are caused by people being idiots. And you don't get much dumber than slamming into a PARKED CAR. It is time that people paid for their own stupidity.

Ditto to what SP1Girl said. If the dingbat driving couldn't see that gigantic black Infinity, there is no way seeing reflectors would have stopped her either.

Put down the cell phones, America. Put down the Harry Potter books while you are driving. Pay attention to where you are steering those multi-ton missles we call cars. Nobody should be multitasking while driving. They should be DRIVING.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I have two questions.
1)  Do you now plan to rig up this laser with a motion sensor to fry in potential threats to your vehicles' wellbring?  That would be swwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeet.

2)Would any of you guys be asking me if I was ok and telling me that "at least you're safe" if it were my uninhabited car that was hit while I was miles away?

I hope the China isn't broken and you guys get the car-bursting superlaser rigged up in time for the next drunk driver.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too bad you don't live in my patrol area.  I'd had that investigated and you would have your copy of the report before dinner time.

You drive an infiniti SUV?  You know you're my stalker girl and all but that screams one sign of being high maintenance

[Mr SP1 chiming in now]

Shes not that bad, She had an Audi TT before the QX4.

So tell us the truth.  Is she high maintenance?  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#22]
A parked car is at fault for the accident and thereby relieves the driver of the vehicle who collided with said park car of all responsibility?  While a good attorney could make a case for comparative negligence, and cities have been sued for planting a tree or lightpost that was rammed by a driver, the main cause remains the driver.  Even if your truck had been correctly parked, the degree of force with which she struck it shows that she wasn't paying attention.  It was pushed back 6 feet and onto a curb.  Heck, If she saw it, would she have struck it with less energy and pushed it back only 4 feet?  What's the difference?  Her insurance company is going to have to eat this one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

And for what it's worth, the china is fine, people.

What I wanna know is...why were you eating dinner in the truck? I mean...it's a nice truck...but I've seen your dining room...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Idiot cop, what difference does it make which way you park when the person doesn't pay attention to where they are driving.

That's what we said.  The cop told us that there are reflectors on the back (not the front) which let other drivers know there's a vehicle there.  

You mean the big black SUV parked there didn't give it away?!?!!?

What difference doese that make? The lady hit a parked car in broad daylight.

if she would have been parked the correct direction (other side of the street) the truck would not have been hit........................................................maybe
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Idiot cop, what difference does it make which way you park when the person doesn't pay attention to where they are driving.

That's what we said.  The cop told us that there are reflectors on the back (not the front) which let other drivers know there's a vehicle there.  

if she would have been parked the correct direction (other side of the street) the truck would not have been hit........................................................maybe

Why would I park on the OTHER side of the street, then walk across traffic to get to my house?

For the same reason you sit at that EXTREMELY long red light at 2 a.m. when it is obvious that noone else is coming.

Because lots of cops have sticks up their asses and would give you a ticket if they saw you running it because "The law is the law"

The cop was being a nitwit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#29]
It's an Infiniti, no real loss there. If it was a Ford Crown Vic, the other car would have been totalled w/ minimal scratches to the Crown Vic. The crown vic sidemarkers are certified for PIT manuevers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#30]
SP1Girl:

Bad news for you.

A friend of mine ran the insurance defense case for someone in your position EXACTLY a few years ago.  

The dipship who hit the guy's car (parked the wrong way on the street) was able to produce two expert witnesses that proposed a theory of contributory negligence from the parking situation.

The way it went was this:   becuase 99.9% of people do not park the wrong way, when you turn onto a street and see a car facing you on your side of the road, it triggers a fight or flight reaction becuase your first instinct is to think that the car is in your lane for a head on collision.

I'm not saying its right or fair, but it was a pain in the ass and they had a full trial on the issue.  THe jury apportioned 40% of the fault to the guy who parked the wrong way, and it was on appeal last time I checked.    Because of the parking violation, the guy's insurance company sent him a letter in the form of a "reservation of rights" saying that, basically, with the jury's allocation of fault to him for violating the law, some clause in the insurance came into play and he might have to pay for the damage.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
SP1Girl:

Bad news for you.

A friend of mine ran the insurance defense case for someone in your position EXACTLY a few years ago.  

The dipship who hit the guy's car (parked the wrong way on the street) was able to produce two expert witnesses that proposed a theory of contributory negligence from the parking situation.

The way it went was this:   becuase 99.9% of people park the wrong way, when you turn onto a street and see a car facing you on your side of the road, it triggers a fight or flight becuase your first instinct is to think that the car is in your lane for a head on collision.

I'm not saying its right or fair, but it was a pain in the ass and they had a full trial on the issue.  THe jury apportioned 40% of the fault to the guy who parked the wrong way, and it was on appeal last time I checked.    Because of the parking violation, the guy's insurance company sent him a letter in the form of a "reservation of rights" saying that, basically, with the jury's allocation of fault to him for violating the law, some clause in the insurance came into play and he might have to pay for the damage.  

Good GOD

What is this world coming to?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SP1Girl:

Bad news for you.

The way it went was this:   becuase 99.9% of people park the wrong way, when you turn onto a street and see a car facing you on your side of the road, it triggers a fight or flight becuase your first instinct is to think that the car is in your lane for a head on collision.

Well crap.  I hope it doesn't go that way this time.

If it does, your collision will still cover it...but you'll have to puit up with a raise in your rates.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wanna buy a drive way like a real residence has? What's this crap parking in the street;
using tax payers monies to provide free parking?

She is a taxpayer, so why not park there?

Because if you park in the street where moving traffic is inches away some body MIGHT RUN INTO IT!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would I park on the OTHER side of the street, then walk across traffic to get to my house?

to keep from getting sued maybe
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SP1Girl:

Bad news for you.

Good GOD

What is this world coming to?

Bubble-wrap Nation.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wanna buy a drive way like a real residence has? What's this crap parking in the street;
using tax payers monies to provide free parking?

She is a taxpayer, so why not park there?

Because if you park in the street where moving traffic is inches away some body MIGHT RUN INTO IT!

Well then, I guess that you don't drive at all, because of all those moving cars around?
Or go to parkinglots, because there are cars moving within inches of your parked car there, too.

Are you glad that you will be back in school soon?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Car got wiped out today but I got a new AR finished and got to see Jessica Simpsons ta-tas about 400 times in the Dukes of Hazzard tonite so I am calling it a wash.  

Just outta curiousity...when you have a woman like SP1grrl at home...why would care about Jessica Simpsons ta-tas?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just outta curiousity...when you have a woman like SP1grrl at home...why would care about Jessica Simpsons ta-tas?

+10,000
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now don't get me wrong here... I'm not complaining.    
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now don't get me wrong here... I'm not complaining.    

Smart man, Jason...I think these stalkers admirers of your wife could get rowdy!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yet again another worthless response from another genius that would only dare a similar  response from the safety of his PC. I can only surmise that the reason for you to post defending the idiot that hit my vehicle is to up your post count. I assure you that I am well aware of the possible joint liability. We are both of the understanding that the car was parked the wrong way and as stupid as it is, it may cost us. The fact that I may have to pay for it is a pretty retarded. A lot of laws are retarded.  

Think about it dildo, the fucking car was parked and someone who was too dumb to maintain a straight line ran into it in broad daylight. I suppose that since the NFA laws are in effect that they are a great idea and everyone should support a $200 tax and 120 day wait for a SBR or a can.    
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Think about it dildo, the fucking car was parked and someone who was too dumb to maintain a straight line ran into it in broad daylight.

See, that is the part I can not figure out.  Why is it illegal to only park on one side of a residental street? In any case,  her and Titanic bridge crew now have something in common.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet again another worthless response from another genius that would only dare a similar  response from the safety of his PC. I can only surmise that the reason for you to post defending theÿ
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yet again another worthless response from another genius that would only dare a similar  response from the safety of his PC. I can only surmise that the reason for you to post defending the idiot that hit my vehicle is to up your post count. I assure you that I am well aware of the possible joint liability. We are both of the understanding that the car was parked the wrong way and as stupid as it is, it may cost us. The fact that I may have to pay for it is a pretty retarded. A lot of laws are retarded.  

Think about it dildo, the fucking car was parked and someone who was too dumb to maintain a straight line ran into it in broad daylight. I suppose that since the NFA laws are in effect that they are a great idea and everyone should support a $200 tax and 120 day wait for a SBR or a can.    

if I was a post whore I believe my post count would be a bit more then 400 or so after 4 years on this board.  BTW, all my comments should be taken in jest.....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
to anyone that says the vehicle will never be right, is wrong...a well qualified tech can restore the vehicle to pre accident condition.  .....

As if.   Doesn't work as you dream, in a lot of cases, and easily detectable.  Other than 90 % of shoppers not knowing what to look for, no problemo.

I have many years experience in the collision industry......a quality driven shop strives to have every vehicle repaired back to pre loss condition....as frame damage goes...you can actually pull a frame to tighter tolerances than when it left the factory...the amount of training and equipment that the top shops use is unbelievable...

OK, granted, it may be possible, and maybe you do that level of work on every job, but how many of the shops you know are capable AND willing to spend the time to do it right the first time?  On an insurance repair, that is, not building a $100K restoration.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
SP1Girl:

Bad news for you.

The way it went was this:   becuase 99.9% of people do not park the wrong way, when you turn onto a street and see a car facing you on your side of the road, it triggers a fight or flight reaction becuase your first instinct is to think that the car is in your lane for a head on collision.

thats what alot of people have been saying but some thinks its all a head hunt?? go figure
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#48]
How the fuck has this damn thing gone on this long???
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
How the fuck has this damn thing gone on this long???

don't know
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top