Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You know why Jesus could walk on water? BECAUSE HE'S GOD'S SON!!! OWNED, NOW STFU
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We all know none of that shit happened anyway.

+1

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You know why Jesus could walk on water? BECAUSE HE'S GOD'S SON!!! OWNED, NOW STFU

Even better...

Jesus IS God.....    

The best thing about the article is that the scientific community is recognizing that Jesus walked on Earth...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I know that science doesn't place much institutional faith in a higher power, but do they really have to spend time and money trying to prove that the faith of hundreds of millions is some sort of sham that is easily explained away by sixth grade science?

I want my hovercraft.  Leave God alone and service my consumer needs!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
If the Sea of Galilee had ice it would be kind of
difficult navigate a sailboat through it
I think Pedro would have stayed home that day.
It would have been to cold to go for a sail.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Reminds me of the "Scientific Documentaries" they air every year about how Santa Claus can feasibly go about his business.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I love it when science puts forth an "explanation" that is more doubtful than the event or miracle they are trying to explain away.  

Could have, possibly, might have, around that time, if, maybe, somewhere near.  -
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The only thing more ridiculous than people actually believing mythology as fact is when some scientists get together and come up with some absurdly unlikely scenario such as this one or freak windstorms which may have parted the Red Sea.

Memo to BOTH GROUPS: It never happened, please adjust.

Since none of us were there, how can anyone say what happened.  You either believe that the Biblical account is truth and the inspired Word of God or you don't.  Simple as that.  Believe as you like...

One could say the same damn thing about Jesus walking on ice.

You are correct that people will believe as they like. I just think both notions are equally as ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#9]

If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of mine; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free
 John 8:32
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even better...

Jesus IS God.....    

The best thing about the article is that the scientific community is recognizing that Jesus walked on Earth...

why is that so amazingly impressive?  he's noted in many ancient religious texts, not just the bible.  there's a good chance that a man named jesus did in fact exist.  whether or not he was a god is what is being debated.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Even Coach BEAR BRYANT couldn't walk on water.  (I once personaly saw him sink up to his ankles !!)

5sub

Bill Brasky could.

To Bill Brasky!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#13]
DK-Prof went back in time and gave Jesus balsa wood clogs!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#14]
We must burn someone now!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#15]
why would Jesus need to walk on water or turn water into wine anyhow?  To "prove" stuff to non believers?   Why hasn't there been any more "proof" since?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone should tell the Red Horseman about this thread.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#17]
So how did his disciples get their boat out into the sea?  I suppose they slid t onto he ice?  I supposed they should have been fearing an iceburg rather than waves?  Scientists are idiots.  Instead of curing cancer or other deadly diseases, someone came up with research money for this?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This is my first time being the dupe police.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=135&t=452103

dont stoop to their level...

LB
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This reminds me of bible thumpers that were using science to say that they found proof that Moses parted the red sea. Im never going to convince religious people that stuff in the bible didnt happen and religious people will never convince me otherwise. Just like we will never convince the ROP that it is ok to eat bacon and they wont get 73 virgins for blowing themselfs up. Ive stopped trying to argue it with people. Honestly it doesnt matter that my neighbor goes to church every sunday. Now if they want to come over and try to convert me and get on their moral high horse then i get angry. Dont push your religion on me.

You do know that Napoleon crossed the Red Sea in the same manner, right?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Someone should tell the Red Horseman about this thread.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#21]
And if you give enough monkeys a typewriter....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#22]
If you really read about miracles in the Bible, you'll notice they were not to convince the unbelievers. They were to reinforce the beliefs of the believers.

I don't care if it was a windstorm that allowed Moses to cross the Red Sea.
I don't care if Jesus walked on ice.
I don't care if Moses saw a burning bush that is explainable by science.

To believers the miracle will lie in the circumstance. To unbelievers it is just an incredible set of coincidences.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Even Coach BEAR BRYANT couldn't walk on water.  (I once personaly saw him sink up to his ankles !!)
5sub

Bill Brasky could.

To Bill Brasky!!!

Bill Brasky once used the Shroud of Turin as a golf towel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
why would Jesus need to walk on water or turn water into wine anyhow?  To "prove" stuff to non believers?   Why hasn't there been any more "proof" since?

For the same reason Zues, Apollo and a bunch of other Gods haven't been heard from recently.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the same reason Zues, Apollo and a bunch of other Gods haven't been heard from recently.

I keep them locked in my closet until I need them to smite someone
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
... do you happen to realize all the variants that had to be in place for that to actually happen?

You mean like Divine Intervention or Jesus willed it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The only thing more ridiculous than people actually believing mythology as fact is when some scientists get together and come up with some absurdly unlikely scenario such as this one or freak windstorms which may have parted the Red Sea.

Memo to BOTH GROUPS: It never happened, please adjust.

LOL. You were there and saw...nothing?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#28]
BTW, has anybody tried walking on wet ice?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
BTW, has anybody tried walking on wet ice?

In a terrible storm?  In subfreezing temperatures?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top