[#1]
Quoted:
Tag, pics blocked @ work.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/

Second picture in the rotation.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
im not saying that women dont have a place in the military. Lych is a war hero in my eyes just like any man. I agree with any woman serving in a war zone being combat arms trained. It just surprised me to see that photo of Female DI's and corpswomen with rifles.

I was just checking to see if anything has changed and if they're serving direct combat roles now.

Are you talking about Jessica Lynch?

How the fuck is she a war hero?

Because her pogue convoy made a wrong turn and got fucked up because they couldn't repel the enemy's assault because of numerous weapons jamming (poor weapons maintenance) to later become captured and rescued by SOF? She did her time and I'll give her that, but she's no fucking war hero.

These guys are heroes:

Marcus Luttrell
Danny Dietz
Michael Murphy
Jason Dunham
Michael Monsoor
Ross McGinnis
Paul Smith

And the countless others who brought the fight to the enemy. Not fucking box kickers who get fucked up because they can't maintain their shit. I'm not dogging her service, but give real credit where real credit is due.

Back on track....

To the OP, wouldn't know about female DI's. Went to real Marines are made, Hollywood... No 4th. Battalion shit there. (nudge to all my PI bros...)

But seriously don't eyeball shit unless you want to hate life. Move with speed and intensity and do what your DI's tell you to do.

You wanna eyeball fuck chicks? Wait till you hit the fleet and have at it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

i thought women still arent suppost to serve in a direct combat role, only support. Is this still true?

Support pukes carry guns.

Lots of support pukes have gotten into firefights.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

why are their women in the Marine Corps?

There were female Marines (BAMs) back when my dad was in, late 40s early 50s.

They have guns so they can shoot people.

There are female DIs because there are female boots.

i thought women still arent suppost to serve in a direct combat role, only support. Is this still true?

There are Marines that are ultra-pogs and never see anything worse than a paper cut.  Same goes for the Army.

Women can fill these jobs in both.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#5]
When you get beyond here....

You're going to see things you ain't never seen before, kid.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are Marines that are ultra-pogs and never see anything worse than a paper cut.  Same goes for the Army.

Women can fill these jobs in both.

The difference is Marine pogues have to be ready to fill other roles.

My dad was a clerk with HQ, 3rd Marine Division. One bright sunny day they were loaded on transports and went diddy-boppin across the South China Sea. Being a newly minted Sgt. (E-4) he was introduced to the other guys that were going to be HIS squad. The LT came by later and told him to pick the biggest guy and report to the fantail where he was issued 2 units of fire and grenades for each man, they still had M1's and BARs. They then spent the next few days watching the Nationalists and Communists blast away at each other off the coast of China. After they got everything turned back in, he went back to being a paper-pusher in HQ. His comment was...."I'm glad they didn't pull my jacket and see I was a qualified machinegunner."
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Oh yea they're everywhere and you always address them as Sgt. Sugarnipples
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#8]
GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY BUS!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually you will be seeing more of this than her....

Trust.
http://www.soilandsand.com.au/images/Products/Sand%20Pit%20Sand.jpg
say hi to the sand fleas for me shower shoe.

Not enough sand fleas in that sand....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The best part is the intro... that serious fucking walk to the bus...  the drill instructor talking at a speed you didn't even know was possible...

"YOU are now aboard Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island.  From this point forward you will address all service members and civilians as sir, or ma'am and you will speak only when spoken to.  You now have exactly 5 seconds to get off of my bus... 5...4...3...*counting extremely fast as he walks off the bus*"

Then everyone pauses for a second like "what do we do?" before you have a bus load of guys tripping over each other trying to get out as quickly as possible.  Then you hit the yellow footprints and look around, thinking about all the men who stood on those footprints before you.

Right about then, it dawns on you that shit just got real.  You realize that you are, in fact, in a world of shit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best part is the intro... that serious fucking walk to the bus...

"YOU are now aboard Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island.  From this point forward you will address all service members and civilians as sir, or ma'am and you will speak only when spoken to.  You now have exactly 5 seconds to get off of my bus... 5...4...3...*counting as he walks off the bus*"

Then everyone pauses for a second like "what do we do?" before you have a bus load of guys tripping over each other trying to get out as quickly as possible.  Then you hit the yellow footprints and look around, thinking about all the men who stood on those footprints before you.

Right about then, it dawns on you that shit just got real.  You realize that you are, in fact, in a world of shit.

FLASHBACK!!!!  I am proud that I did it, but I would NOT want to do it a second time....

I remember thinking to myself.... "WTF WAS I THINKING????  I AM SO STUPID... I AM SO STUPID...."
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#13]
You're there to train, not eyeball the female recruits and DIs.  They'll learn ya, too if you get caught doing it.

One of the guys in my ship made the mistake of ogling our female Blue Rope (who kinda resembled a shorter, smarter version of Denise Richards).  My Senior Chief (who was also female) and said Blue Rope took him down to the courtyard and made sure he saw something very similar to this the rest of the day:

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assuming your a dude, do yourself a favor and DO NOT GET CAUGHT LOOKING AT ANY FEMALE RECRUITS OR DRILL INSTRUCTORS.

A couple guys from my platoon did, so our DI's decided they should go train with the females for a day. The females freaking destroyed them. We're talking non-stop sand-pit-o-rama here. THen they brought them back and had them tell us how much it sucked. No one looked at the females anymore.

Were these the less athletic guys of the platoon? Or are the females there super-human?

He means the female drill instructors destroyed them in the pit.  You'll soon learn all about this...

I doubt the validity of his story... but I don't doubt that a female drill instructor could make you wish you could go back to your own platoon.

Didn't go to MCRD Paris Island.  I went to OCS in Quantico.  But yes, you want to avoid female SI's or DI's at ALL costs.  They just don't let shit go.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Trust.

This is what I thought when I saw the thread title.

You'll be seeing a lot of the deck.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]

ZERO!!!!

FREEZE, RECRUITS, FREEZE!!

There was a rumor that women existed while we were on Parris Island, but we knew the guy who started it was full of shit.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Slight Hijack...

I just did a youtube cruise for Boot Camp Videos and nothing comes close.

"Things" happen that would never make it to video.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't say how female Marine DI's are but I know the female DS's at Fort Jackson were not much to look at (At least when I was there). They also seemed to go out of their way above and beyond the Male DS's to fuck with people more. It was like they had to prove them self more than the males did.
This one Female DS in my company used to like to bitch about 'having a baby in Korea under her Kevlar' quite often and that we didn't know what real pain was.
Ah the memories...I can still hear that shrill voice in my head.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Trust.

This....get a good look at it.  Your gonna become intimate with it
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]
The worst ass chewing I got came from a 4Th BN DI.  You will see them but after one time you want want to
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust.

heh.. island hopping...heh

I've done a few island hopping campaigns.  The sand at MCRD San Diego is like talcum powder in those pits.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#23]
The only time you will ever see them is out at the rifle range and at graduation.  Some of the recruits in my platoon were caught looking out at the range once and our Senior Drill Instructor just told us to go ahead and look, then reminded us that they got the exact same ammount of shower time as us.    Like peeling apart a grill cheese sandwich.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
umm maybe im under informed about the armed forces now a days...

why are their women in the Marine Corps?   My daughter wanted to serve her country

why do they have rifles?   My daughter was in the airwing she didnt really need one , but all Marines are riflemen- she shot expert.

why are the female DI's?    I guess to train the female Marines.

My oldest daughter wants to be a Marine so badly.  She's 8 right now, and has wanted to be a Marine since she was 3 or 4.  It's a tradition in my family, most of us were enlisted infantrymen.  She'd be the first girl in the family to be in the USMC if she ends up doing it.  The thing is, she's skipped a grade already and will graduate High School at 16 if she stays on track.  I told her that if she truly wants to join the USMC, she should graduate college first and then do it as an officer.  

She used to sing the Marine's Hymn, and still will if you ask her.  She sang it for a Chosin Reservoir vet last Marine Corps birthday at our judo dojo.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I can tell you this much - if you so much as look sideways at a female recruit, much less a female Drill Instructor, you WILL regret it.  For a long time.

That is all.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#26]

ROFL

Some of that is spot-on.  It's amazing how hilarious some of the off-the-cuff insults are.  One of the hardest parts about basic training is not laughing at the drill instructors.  They're masters at coming up with outrageously funny smack downs.

They'd make plays off of people's names too... like one Italian guy named Tortorelli... he was Tortellini.  A Hatian guy named Lorfils became Lortab.  The first night there, Lortab... a 6'5" 250lb black man was on his knees with his face buried in his pillow praying out loud.  Afterward, he lay down and started snoring in like 30 seconds.  Half the platoon whispered "What the fuck!?" "You gotta be kidding me!"  "Oh hell no!"  Every time he fell asleep, someone would kick him awake and tell him to stop snoring.  After two nights of no sleep, he never snored again.  He was a big dumb, goofy motherfucker who could barely speak English.  He smiled a lot which earned him constant shit from the DI's.

There was a Puerto Rican kid from Brooklyn named Torres who, for some reason, always shaved his entire face.  You'd walk in the head and the guy would have his whole face covered in shaving cream... all you could see were his eyes and mouth. The first time he got caught by a drill instructor, there was a moment of silence, followed by a calm, collected "What... the... fuck... are you doing, recruit?" as he was fighting to hold back a laugh.  It was such a funny sight that the DI had to collect himself before he could chew Torres out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#27]
When I was at PI back in '89 I remember our Senior DI marching is around our first day at the rifle range.  That was the first time we had seen ALOT of WM recruits.  At some point he made us march off the side of the road into a grass field.  He halted us, left face and parade rest, leaving us facing the road.  There were several WM platoons marching up the road toward us.  I remember him giving us a talk about leaving the WMs alone.  He said, "Boys, them are nothing but a bunch of barracudas.  They will bite your nuts off at the first chance.".

As the WM platoons started to pass us one of the female Senior DIs yelled out, "Ladies, there are 10,000 miles
of dick on this Island but you aint getting one damn inch until you graduate!!!.  

I always thought that was pretty hilarious.

LB
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Doesn't look so bad to me....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ROFL

Some of that is spot-on.  It's amazing how hilarious some of the off-the-cuff insults are.  One of the hardest parts about basic training is not laughing at the drill instructors.  They're masters at coming up with outrageously funny smack downs.

QFT!  They are some of the most sadistic and hilarious people on this planet.  All Marines (from my perspective as a grunt) have a good sense of humor because it is needed to keep your sanity.

Suprisingly accurate portyal here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-qN_DJOjeE&feature=PlayList&p=1F668928899DF405&index=0
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh yea they're everywhere and you always address them as Sgt. Sugarnipples

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

One of the hardest parts about basic training is not laughing at the drill instructors.  

Struggling for control when something is just hysterical can be painful. You know you are going to get crushed, but you just can't help it.

I got the name Wingnut at Navy bootcamp 21 years ago, and it has followed me ever since. My last name has 'Wing' in it, and that's all it took.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I remember once there was a recruit from the follow series out in the pit by himself with one of the green belts watching over him.  He had the recruit doing mountain climbers for about 20 minutes before the kid stood up and went to the position of attention without being told to stop.  The green belt went ape shit on him and asked him what the hell the thought he was doing.  Straight faced the recruit yelled "Sir, this recruit believes he has reached the top of the mountain, sir!".  The DI had to go around the corner to laugh and compose himself, then he came back and told the recruit to climb back down then.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Assuming your a dude, do yourself a favor and DO NOT GET CAUGHT LOOKING AT ANY FEMALE RECRUITS OR DRILL INSTRUCTORS.

A couple guys from my platoon did, so our DI's decided they should go train with the females for a day. The females freaking destroyed them. We're talking non-stop sand-pit-o-rama here. THen they brought them back and had them tell us how much it sucked. No one got caught looked looking at the females anymore.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#34]
PLT 3059 MCRD PI 1986.

Every time we would run/march by some WMs, the DI would start yelling," What is that smell? That fishy smell?"

USMC has some good looking females: you can get some in great shape hardbodies.

I never thought I would hear myself saying this, but, I know a really HOT Gunny!

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#35]
A friend of mine sent me a reminder of the 34th anniversary of "Operation Frequent Wind"....

Made me feel old...I was at PI, I Co 3rd Bn  working my 2nd platoon at the time... The only Cpl working Drill Instructor in the Bn, and possibly on the Island...

Drill Instructors are some funny Mo Fo's....  There are times when we had to get behind the Plt, because we were gonna lose it laughing....

Lot's have changed since then.....  Wm's at the time would have never deployed like we did....  ETC...  

You can talk about pouges all you want to...  There are few complete pouges in Uncle Sam's Gun Club....  A young Sgt, WM, that we consider a second daughter to us was slam damn in the middle of all that crap in Nasarea, during the 2nd Gulf War...  She was the Bn Commanders Sat Com Op and driver...  Wouldn't suprise me if she's fired more rounds in anger than I have..  Damn good kid and Marine...

So...  Keep your eyes straight ahead...  Leave my Sand Fleas alone, they gotta eat too... And stop SCRATCHIN!!

:)

Semper Fi
Ed

6124/6125/6114/8511/8411
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best part is the intro... that serious fucking walk to the bus...

"YOU are now aboard Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island.  From this point forward you will address all service members and civilians as sir, or ma'am and you will speak only when spoken to.  You now have exactly 5 seconds to get off of my bus... 5...4...3...*counting as he walks off the bus*"

FLASHBACK!!!!  I am proud that I did it, but I would NOT want to do it a second time....

I remember thinking to myself.... "WTF WAS I THINKING????  I AM SO STUPID... I AM SO STUPID...."

Can you fucking imagine having to go back. No fucking way. I never understood why guys wanted to reenlst to be instructors. I thought it couldn't get worse. Then I got to the fleet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes this is true.  However, every Marine is trained as a rifleman.  Look at the Jessica Lynch story as one example why this is a good idea.

Also, just because they're in support roles does not mean they are not in combat.  A female Marine Major was killed in Iraq a few years ago... the first female Marine officer killed in combat there.  She was the CO of a public relations outfit and her Humvee was blown up by an IED while escorting some media people.  My uncle was in her unit... they were good friends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_McClung

She was a serious runner, from what I've been told.  A SSgt I worked with knew her from 2nd MASS at Cherry Point.  We were at work when I read about it on the internet.  I said, "hey SSgt, did you know this gal?"  He looked at her pic and was quite upset when he realized he did.  Apparently , she was quite a personable officer.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Slight Hijack...

Search under "Eyeballs, Click".  The Senior in those videos is a friend of mine, and yes he's that intense.  I love the one where he smacks the recruit who stopped fighting with his pugil stick when the whistle blew.  You should have heard the stories he told us that took place "behind the scenes"....lol.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slight Hijack...

Search under "Eyeballs, Click".  The Senior in those videos is a friend of mine, and yes he's that intense.  I love the one where he smacks the recruit who stopped fighting with his pugil stick when the whistle blew.  You should have heard the stories he told us that took place "behind the scenes"....lol.

I've seen that whole movie and thought it was tame and watered down.  I went through around the same time too.

Jan 04

PLT # 1133

My DIs were very physical with us.  Much more than you see in that movie.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I see your USMC DI and raise you one USAF TI.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

<a href="http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=playboyairman001.jpg" target="_blank">http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7508/playboyairman001.jpg</a>

I thought only the aussies folded up one side of their cover?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=playboyairman001.jpg" target="_blank">http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7508/playboyairman001.jpg</a>

I thought only the aussies folded up one side of their cover?

Female TIs have the "aussie" style campaign hat.

Her husband was my instructor in tech school.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

PLT 3059 MCRD PI 1986.

Every time we would run/march by some WMs, the DI would start yelling," What is that smell? That fishy smell?"

USMC has some good looking females: you can get some in great shape hardbodies.

I never thought I would hear myself saying this, but, I know a really HOT Gunny!

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member5127.png

It was about 1989 that a young SgtG was attending NCO school at MCRD PI. Since the schoolhouse was right across the street, we usually ate noontime chow in 4th Bn's chowhall.

All in all, I can think of quite a few attractive women in the ranks of the Corps, and not very many were prone to using that to get ahead. Most were harder, more squared away, more technically proficient than their male contemporaries.

There are only a couple of truly hideous ones that stand out, LCpl Pxxxx being the worst: She wasn't even 5" tall, but "thick", and the one time I saw her in flak and kevlar, she looked like a turtle....it was an improvement.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slight Hijack...

I've seen that whole movie and thought it was tame and watered down.  I went through around the same time too.

Jan 04

PLT # 1133

I went through a little before you. Physical is putting it lightly. Though I will say the two serious events I remember were recruit on recruit. I seem to have had a violent platoon compared to some of the other guys I served with later. I think as a whole, bootcamp is no different than th erest of the corps. It all comes down to who's in charge.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slight Hijack...

Jan 04

PLT # 1133

Correct.  Adam didn't want to get court marshaled, with the camera providing the evidence for his prosecution.

ETA:  My time at MCRD was anything but physical.  Our Drill Instructors thrashed the fuck out of us, but I didn't see anybody get hit, AFAIK.  

Plt 3067
"L" Co., 3rd Herd
MCRD San Diego
28 Sept 1984
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

She was a serious runner, from what I've been told.  

She completed 6 Ironman Triathlons and multiple marathons so yeah... quite a runner.

She was an outstanding person, from what I was told.  An excellent Marine and a great leader.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#47]
You know why they send all the female recruits to Paradise Island, right?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I wouldn't know.... I went to MCRDSD....

same here..
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#49]

HAH! God, if so, I went to the wrong fucking coast.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You know why they send all the female recruits to Paradise Island, right?  

No, why?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top