Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
My 87 y/o parents, both had Covid in October, got the Moderna shot yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
"All of the sudden" lol.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's NOT a vaccine.  It's a new experimental biological agent

Vid of Head of ER Dr explaining how dangerous this new thing is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFntHpk1uok
View Quote

Does it hurt to be so brilliant?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL at the people that think the vaccine is going to make government let thing go back to normal.

The only that will happen is when we stop doing what the government says.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do you guys seriously believe there's a conspiracy at play with covid vaccines?  
View Quote

I think taking a rushed vaccine would probably be worse than getting the chinaflu.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are past reproductive age and 60+ or full of co morbidities then take it.

Leave the rest of humanity alone.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#7]
If the vaccine works, why do vaccinated people still have to wear masks?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Arfcom antivaxxer:  No one should coerce or force me to get vaccinated.

Also Arfcom antivaxxer:  We should ridicule our 80 year old parents for wanting the vaccine due to unknown long term effects and we think it will make them sterile.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't give a shit who gets it, I'm not. If you want the shot then more power to you and I hope you have a good outcome just don't try and push it on me. I had Covid and really didn't notice it until I got tested as it was extremely mild so I will just take my chances with reinfection.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn there is a lot of stupid advice in this thread.

This place needs a purge.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, clearly your father moved from emotional thinking (the ARFCOM way), to critical thinking (the adult way).
Perhaps, you can learn from your father.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you are past reproductive age and 60+ or full of co morbidities then take it.

Leave the rest of humanity alone.
View Quote
That's what they are doing. They are using up the vaccine as soon as it is available. They are also providing data for how well it works as well as side affects.

It's completely logical.

And you get to benefit without doing a thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Old people dont care about long term effects or sperm counts. They just want to enjoy life before they die.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because the vaccine isn't 100% effective, the phase 3 efficacy test was encouraging but data in the larger world is unknown, and no one wants to get a V tattooed to their forehead.

When large numbers of people stop getting sick either from previous exposure or the vaccine working, then people will quit wearing masks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#15]
for someone that age it actually makes a lot of sense for them to get it
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

conspiracy?? china developed the bat virus to get the game rolling, gates designed the nanobots, china manufactured them, fauci designed the vaccination protocols to get everyone to have the vax, bezos deployed thousands of satellites that the chinese will use to control the 5g towers verizon and att have been building like crazy. once enough folks are vaxed, the signal will go out from the satellites and the nanobots will subvert the vaccinated people and make them love communism, homosexuality, biden, kamchatka harris, AOC, bernie, and the chinese communist party. once enough folks have been subjugated, the us government will petition the un to have america become a chinese protectorate, and the chinese military will cross the canadian border in their millions to bring oriental order to the hapless citizens of this nation.

chinese communism, wet markets with diseased bats and pangolins coming to a location near you, praise allah!

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#17]
My 87 yo Dad getting his "shot".

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well, the FDA requires extensive tests on all such things. That many times takes a few years before they will approve it.

This thing was rushed out in less than one year. Who knows what the long term effects really are?
View Quote

80 year olds don't buy green bananas.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Young Arfcom says the virus only kills old people so we should open the economy up.

Young Arfcom says old people shouldn't get the shot because reasons.

A lot of people on arfcom are either irrational or just plain horribly self centered
View Quote

Get both?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Perhaps, the naysayers have zero trust in the .gov , msm and big pharma. Do the .gov, msm and big pharma have any history of misleading the public?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Young Arfcom says the virus only kills old people so we should open the economy up.

Young Arfcom says old people shouldn't get the shot because reasons.

A lot of people on arfcom are either irrational or just plain horribly self centered

Perhaps, the naysayers have zero trust in the .gov , msm and big pharma. Do the .gov, msm and big pharma have any history of misleading the public?

Being skeptical of anything .gov. MSM, big pharma, or any other kind of corporation says is prudent.  Yet some of the same people seem exceptionally eager to believe unverified and often unverifiable stuff that they read on the Internet or saw in a video online.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Imagine the late night ads from law firms ten years from now, "Did you or a loved one receive the C19 vaccine and suffer one of these permanent debilitating side effects?" I'll pass on a C19 vaccine and I know a good handful of elderly folks who are not going to get it!

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I’m 75 do you have another glass.  Please
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Third post nails it.
View Quote

Who's paying for all of those expensive ads?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's recommended, because it has not yet been proved that a person who has immunity from being vaccinated is unlikely to spread the virus around anyway.  It's conceivable that a vaccinated person could get a low-level infection with no noticeable symptoms and be a walking virus factory.

Or not.  It just hasn't been proved.  With older vaccines like the ones for polio, smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella, etc. it has been proved that a vaccinated person is unlikely to be a spreader.

Also, 95% effectiveness is exceptional but that still leaves 1 person in 20 who can still get sick with COVID-19 in spite of being vaccinated.

Time will tell.  The masks will go away eventually just as they did with the Spanish Flu.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What about the rest of the population? You guys will be crying while I seed the country because of your sterility.

Willy is virile.  Ask me how I know. Strong swimmers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#26]
He's 80, do you seriously think he gives a fuck about the potential side effects? When you don't have much of your life left you sure as fuck don't want to spend it confined to the house if there are other options!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#27]
If I was 80, I might take it depending on the status of my health.   Being 80 provides for a lot more risk on its own.  I’d also probably have time on my hands to research other treatments.  I hope I am doing ok and reach 80.  Tell your Dad you love him.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My father, who is also 80, wants the shot asap.
View Quote

Same here but my pops is 78
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They want their lives to get back to normal.
Mine want it as well. They are ready to get back to living what's left of their lives. And if it happens to kill them, that's God's plan. That's their exact words.
View Quote

That’s the dumbest fucking rationale I think I’ve heard thus far regarding this horse shit.  Why the fuck don’t they feel that way about the actual illness then??

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't trust anything the gov wants me to get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't trust anything the gov wants me to get.

Including the last two helicopter monies?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#32]
My parents got vaxxed a few days ago now. No side effects. Some of y'all have gone full schizo.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's recommended, because it has not yet been proved that a person who has immunity from being vaccinated is unlikely to spread the virus around anyway.  It's conceivable that a vaccinated person could get a low-level infection with no noticeable symptoms and be a walking virus factory.

Or not.  It just hasn't been proved.  With older vaccines like the ones for polio, smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella, etc. it has been proved that a vaccinated person is unlikely to be a spreader.

Also, 95% effectiveness is exceptional but that still leaves 1 person in 20 who can still get sick with COVID-19 in spite of being vaccinated.

Time will tell.  The masks will go away eventually just as they did with the Spanish Flu.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/1918-flu-pandemic

With no cure for the flu, many doctors prescribed medication that they felt would alleviate symptoms… including aspirin, which had been trademarked by Bayer in 1899—a patent that expired in 1917, meaning new companies were able to produce the drug during the Spanish Flu epidemic
Medical professionals advised patients to take up to 30 grams per day, a dose now known to be toxic.
(For comparison’s sake, the medical consensus today is that doses above four grams are unsafe.) Symptoms of aspirin poisoning include hyperventilation and pulmonary edema, or the buildup of fluid in the lungs, and it’s now believed that many of the October deaths were actually caused or hastened by aspirin poisoning.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#34]
They’re scared. I’ve noticed this from some of my older relatives too. I’m personally anti covid shot because I don’t think covid is a danger to me. But if I were 80, that would change the risk calculations and I’d consider it.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#35]
I am going to have to take it because I am old and have always been prone to those types of viral diseases.......that said, even I am a bit skeptical.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Goes from saying "There is no way in hell that I will take that commie Covid shot" to "I can't wait to get it!". What is happening to our people?...
View Quote

I'm 80 also and had the first Pfizer shot last Wednesday. We refer to it as "risk/reward evaluation".

If it helps to understand, I'm old enough to remember this:
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's the dumbest fucking rationale I think I've heard thus far regarding this horse shit.  Why the fuck don't they feel that way about the actual illness then??

View Quote
Because they understand risk and probability with respect to themselves.

The virus kills a lot of people their age and the vaccine does not and phase three test results are encouraging for providing protection to people over 65.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No different than any other virus. But since we agree on the exploitation of the COVID virus, would you not then recognize that if the virus itself was exploited for various ends, the vaccine would then also lend itself to being exploited? After all it wouldn't be the first time fear was preyed upon for person, financial, or political gain. And anyone with 80 years of life experience should recognize that fear is far more dangerous than any virus
View Quote

Exactly. I'm 71 going on 72. I'm not taking the vaccine. My wife had to get it because she works in one of Wolf's dead zones. AKA a retirement home. Since she got it her legs ache. They didn't before. It's been over 2 weeks now.
And why would I believe anything this govt. has to say.
We've been played by experts right from the start.
If I die from the Chinese flu, so be it. Fate is the hunter.
At my age I could die from anything. Diseases have no favorites. The kill indiscriminately.
Now they are dividing people who smoke from non smokers.
The latest tactic is telling everyone that smokers will get the vaccine before other people. What a great way to have another 2 groups of people hating each other.
We are being played. Wise up.
Just like the maskers vs. the non maskers. More people tp hate.
It's been a brilliant plan.
The other day my wife gave me one of the new masks that she has to wear at the home. I had to take it of as I could hardly breath with it on. I might as well have been wearing a gag.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
a thread site full of sheep here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm 80 also and had the first Pfizer shot last Wednesday. We refer to it as "risk/reward evaluation".

If it helps to understand, I'm old enough to remember this:
https://historyscoop.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/iron-lung-1.jpg
View Quote
Experience and wisdom and the rationality that go with it seem to be highly unvalued these days.

A lot of people old enough to remember that, took their kids to get the polio vaccine who lived on to argue their parents in their 80's shouldn't get the COVID vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#41]
My 93yr old FIL in nursing home flip flopped too.
Got it this Monday.
He did have 2 roommates die since April. Might have helped his decision a bit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My pulmonologist told me to get the shot.....i'm still thinking about it.
View Quote

Well, if you have a pulmonologist you should probably get the shot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let me quote myself, update.  Dad has temp of 102° this morning.  Fuck covid and the shot!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#45]
wait till they start zombie like attacks on those who refuse to go along with the programming...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Remember...

Most people in GD have advance degrees in FB and Reddit... as opposed to those goofy scientist making a vaccine with countless hours of university study
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Let me quote myself, update.  Dad has temp of 102° this morning.  Fuck covid and the shot!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like he has the flu.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

THIS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Because business owners can't tell by looking at you if you've had the shot???
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

90% of polio infected people had no symptoms. My FiL was one of the 10%
View Quote
Over 90%, recent studies in India make it look lime 95-99% of people with polio have zero symptoms.  

1. Polio never killed more than a few thousand people in a year in the U.S., and maybe 20k a year had any long lasting effects.  COVID, even if you completely don't trust the data, is worse. Back in May, someone here in GD said they'd believe 10% of the U.S. death toll.  That would be close to 40k right now.

2. We overreacted to polio big time, and rushed out a very unsafe vaccine.  Hopefully we've learned from that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prayers!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top