Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
to me the day saddam goes to the gallows.

nothing more is possible.

we have 2 options for iraq.... pull out and watch them decay into civil war to be a puppet state of iran.

Stay and have our troops in harms way during a never ending civil war with a governement that only wants us their to keep them in power.

i am becoming more and more convinced that a single nation state of iraq will not and can not be managed by a central democracy style government. the people have NO concept of what freedom entails, the neighbor states do NOT want them to find out, and more and more it appears their religious leaders hold more power than the central governemnt. While they may claim to be a republic/democracy, they are in fact a thoecracy controled by the sect in office at the time.

Unless there is a DRASTIC cultural shift in the region i don't see that changing.

If we pull out now we would be far better off puting Saddam back in power than letting Iran have control of the country.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know the answer but I can say this "GWB is looking like a genius now with military bases parked on both sides of Iran".  Who would have thunk it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know the answer but I can say this "GWB is looking like a genius now with military bases parked on both sides of Iran".  Who would have thunk it.

And Iran is frightened by this brilliant move? Up to now Ahmadinejad's response to this has been
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sadly we don't have the will to use them properly

If nearly half the United States wasn't pissing and moaning "no blood for oil" cocksuckery, perhaps more could be accomplished...
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

George might look like a lot of things but "genius" has never been one of them. Although we now have these bases, they don't seem to be helping our dealings with Iran.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sadly we don't have the will to use them properly

If nearly half the United States wasn't arfcommers werent pissing and moaning "no blood for oil" cocksuckery, perhaps more could be accomplished...
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When we finally get a statesman as a commander in chief and not a politician -- and several Iraqi cities are smoking rubble as the only way to achieve victory is to destroy the enemy's will to fight (and the enemy's popular support).

congrats on the dumbest post of the thread.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

George might look like a lot of things but "genius" has never been one of them. Although we now have these bases, they don't seem to be helping our dealings with Iran.

Only thing to help our dealing with Iran is a salvo of Tridents, and hopefully where Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is standing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There will be no victory in Iraq as long as Bush refuses to close the Iranian and Syrian borders. A never-ending supply of terrorists, arms, explosives and money continues to pour into Iraq from Iran and Syria.

I really don't think that's the issue anymore.

It's predominantly Iraqi on Iraqi violence now, and our soldiers are in the crossfire.

If every attack on US military targets ended today, the whole thing would still be a huge clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If nearly half the United States wasn't arfcommers werent pissing and moaning "no blood for oil" cocksuckery, perhaps more could be accomplished...

Good point...

Come to think of it, I never hear anyone in person whining about Iraq...

I've been watching too much news lately.

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#13]
If a Fundamental Shia Islam government with close ties to Iran is formed, will this be considered victory?  Civil war seems inevitable, there is no way the Shia after 70 or so years of brutal oppression by the Sunni minority are going to say "Hey water under the bridge".  Remember a couple weeks ago when all those Shiites were in the streets chanting "death to Israel, Death to America"?  This is the future government of that country.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I think we need to triple out presence there for a short period of time, kick all their asses, kill every foreign journalist we see, and install our own bases overlooking Iran and tighten the clamps to get them to do something stupid so we can melt them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Pissing on their graves isnt enough for you, whether you agree with the war or not, now you fling poo on them.

You ungrateful piece of shit.

I'm sorry you mistake my intent to be as "pissing on their graves".  That is certainly not my intent.

I should have made my position clearer, to you, that putting them in the grave in the first place is both unnecessary, and does not further the cause of Liberty among the several States.

If you disagree with that, no problem.  

But we live in a dubious time, where we have a President who belives, down to his core, that he is above the law.  And just because troops are sent in harms way does not automatically make it (their mission or assignment) right (or wrong).
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What Will Be the Definition of Victory in Germany?

VE day was 5/8/45, zillions of dollars and some 61 years later we are still there.

We won when germany surrendered.

What Will Be the Definition of Victory in Japan?

VJ day was 8/15/45, zillions of dollars and 61 years later we are still there.

We won when Japan surrenderred.

What Will Be the Definition of Victory in Korea?

Armistice was declared on 6/25/50, zillions on zillions of dollars and 56 years later we are still there.

We lost when we stopped wagin war on the communist north koreans.

If that's your criteria, we won when we defeated the last Iraqi soldiers, now we are just occupying while the government gets on it's feet....
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Thank you for beating me to it, you just forgot the map pic....
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Iran is frightened by this brilliant move? Up to now Ahmadinejad's response to this has been

That's his public response, his private response is to get his henchmen in Gaza and Lebanon to start a war with Israel to take the heat off him.... and now he's ready to negotiate..... that's a lot of progress in the last few days.... now we'll just see if it is productive progress or more delaying.....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top