BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

There is no way that you want to have OBL in custody.  A trial would take many years, create a media circus, cause a huge international upheaval and create a very ripe environment for terror acts.

Quick and quiet works.  

At least killing him doesn't last for years.......... but the rest will surely happen because the nut jobs are in charge.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think what Osama did is called "resisting arrest".

The long of the short of it. They dug one out of a hole, the other was in a strong hold where he was living the high life. How much fight do you think either had left in them?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Saddam was a head of state and was tried for crimes against the Iraqi people. The Iraqis had a right to seek justice. Osama was worth nothing alive, what would we have done with him? Even Obama understood that. Bin Laden was for all intensive porpoises, a non-state actor, a man without a country, the Saudis never would have accepted him back. There really was no alternative.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Saddam was a head of state and was tried for crimes against the Iraqi people. The Iraqis had a right to seek justice. Osama was worth nothing alive, what would we have done with him? Even Obama understood that. Bin Laden was for all intensive porpoises, a non-state actor, a man without a country, the Saudis never would have accepted him back. There really was no alternative.
For All Intent and purposes

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

((sighs))
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Because Saddam wasn't responsible for the deaths of 3,000 American civilians.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Saddam = Head of State for Iraq = tried and executed by Iraqis.

UBL= head of a terroristic NGO =  double tap to the head.

Both men died in the correct manner.  I hope there is video of UBL being gunned down that can be shown over and over, like Saddam's hanging.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Dead or Alive always means DEAD.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
It probably went like this:

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG *SPLAT*

DROP YOUR WEAPON AND SURRENDER!

-and I'm perfectly ok with this.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Just stop.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
stunned to see how many people are trying desperately to find a cloud in this silver lining.

Ain't it the truth?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not that it bothers me that he's finally dead, but how he was just put down but Saddam had to be taken alive?

Was it because there wasn't 100% proof against Saddam?

Saddam was a head of state captured during a War. OBL WAS the head of a terrorist organization.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#13]
So Saddam had to be tried, but Osama gets a free shot to the head?

Saddam killed alot more Islamofascists (Iranians) than Usama did.  Saddam did not like AlQaeda murderers, but Usama did. QED
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So Saddam had to be tried, but Osama gets a free shot to the head?

Saddam killed alot more Islamofascists (Iranians) than Usama did.  Saddam did not like AlQaeda murderers, but Usama did. QED

Saddam was a Head of State.

Osama was just a shit-bag who lived it up in other shit-bags' countries.

The first *should* at least get a show-trial; the second will be receiving my piss on his watery grave when I visit the ocean next month.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not much of a sense of humor, huh chief?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not that it bothers me that he's finally dead, but how he was just put down but Saddam had to be taken alive?

WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY MAN!!!! WE ARE IN A RECESSION!!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no way that you want to have OBL in custody.  A trail would take many years, create a media circus, cause a huge international upheaval and create a very ripe environment for terror acts.

Quick and quiet works.

So I guess the whole "no body" thing works out well.

(Well, body kicked off the deck of a ship)

It was more a 'gently nudged off the deck' in according with Muslim burial practices at sea.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
not the same thing in my opinion.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not much of a sense of humor, huh chief?

Yeah right archie

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Hah!

Seriously, it was very beneficial to let the Iraqis try Saddam for their crimes against them.

Us trying OBL, not so much.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There is no way that you want to have OBL in custody.  A trial would take many years, create a media circus, cause a huge international upheaval and create a very ripe environment for terror acts.

Quick and quiet works.  

THIS

Why can't people just be happy that the shitbag is dead? Having him shot in the face and his body dumped into the
ocean is a good thing for the country.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadaam was taken alive because he didn't fight.

Bin Laden apparently did.

I'm fucking stunned to see how many people are trying desperately to find a cloud in this silver lining.

Yep a whole pile of jack wagons

ETA: Don't forget, Saddam was also the head of the Iraqi Army.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#24]
We should have gotten the green light to shoot that fuk in his face 18 yrs ago when I was over there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Saddam = Head of State for Iraq = tried and executed by Iraqis.

UBL= head of a terroristic NGO =  double tap to the head.

Both men died in the correct manner.  I hope there is video of UBL being gunned down that can be shown over and over, like Saddam's hanging.

Steve

This man speaks the truth. Flea infested terrorist scum get double tap to the face. Heads of state are usually tried no matter how much of an asshole they are.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I give Obama absolutely ZERO credit of ANY kind for Bin Laden's death.   I give full credit to the CIA and our military services,

where the credit is due.

I'm glad that OBL is dead and I don't care if he was sound asleep cuddling a pink teddy bear and sucking his thumb when he was

found, the fucker needed to be deadified with extreme prejudice, right then and right there, and I'm thrilled that it happened.

Dumping his ass overboard into the cold blue sea was also a wonderful thing.   Now there won't ever be a shrine, or tomb, for

him,  although I don't doubt that someone will eventually attempt to build a mosque over the site of his death.  

Dumping him in the sea has deprived his followers of any chance to build a memorial focused on his body.   That's great.

The bastard is becoming crab shit as we speak.  That makes me very happy.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Imagine if they would have captured him and brought him stateside?

How long do you guys really think he would last?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top