User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought you were talking about pics of the coffin/pine box.Anyway,hopefully you can get her in the ground without incident.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll post pics tomorrow night.

Why?

Why not?

Am I the only one that likes cool old cemeteries?

I thought you were talking about pics of the coffin/pine box.Anyway,hopefully you can get her in the ground without incident.

No, this thread is about the exploratory dig, not the funeral.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why not?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Why not?

I love old cemeteries. It's amazing what you can deduce from just the dates on the old headstones. My family's cemetery is in a very small town. It's a bit stunning to see the number of headstones of young people that died in 1917- '18. Spanish flu. In a town of under 600. Surrounding area I'm sure, but still.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I love old cemeteries. It's amazing what you can deduce from just the dates on the old headstones. My family's cemetery is in a very small town. It's a bit stunning to see the number of headstones of young people that died in 1917- '18. Spanish flu. In a town of under 600. Surrounding area I'm sure, but still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Why not?

Yep. A massive number of babies as well.

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm.. ost
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
In, post up some pics. Old cemeteries are creepy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Around my area in Kansas thousands died in 1917 - 18.  If you visit some of the old cemeteries around here, you'll see the same thing.  A whole bunch of graves with the date of death being in those two years.  More than 50% seem to be children, really sad.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What is the location? This could come in handy. A cemetery would be the ideal  place to disappear someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

New plot? Not a family plot?

Good luck, hope you miss.

It's a family plot, but people bury bodies there without permission. They found a baby last time they dug. It was buried 2' deep and unmarked.

What is the location? This could come in handy. A cemetery would be the ideal  place to disappear someone.
No shit!  GPS coords?

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Why not?

You're weird, I like it

No homo
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a good lawsuit in the making.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New plot? Not a family plot?

Good luck, hope you miss.

It's a family plot, but people bury bodies there without permission. They found a baby last time they dug. It was buried 2' deep and unmarked.

I've always liked the idea of a sewage lagoon myself. The bacteria in there should dissolve most everything. The trick would be to keep it under the surface long enough-rope decays, chains rust.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Around my area in Kansas thousands died in 1917 - 18.  If you visit some of the old cemeteries around here, you'll see the same thing.  A whole bunch of graves with the date of death being in those two years.  More than 50% seem to be children, really sad.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I belong to a volunteer group that adopted a 12 acre cemetery that had been abandoned. Graves go back to early 1800's. The number of dead kids from the influenza outbreak around 1918 blew my mind.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#13]
310SJ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
310SJ?
View Quote

580 super n.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top