Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a G&A subscription years ago, sucked and was less interesting than the NRA's magazines. I subscribe to RECOIL, best gun mag ever.

Please save your ignorant RECOIL hate before I embarrass you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They quote him as if all of his concepts have some sort of timeless applicability today as his concepts barely had applicability back then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guns & Ammo seems to pontificate Jeff Cooper as if he were some sort of prophet.
I always read his article. I found him erudite and amusing.  But I didn't like him.  Not someone I would want to spend time with based on his writings.  Don't care what fanboys think
They quote him as if all of his concepts have some sort of timeless applicability today as his concepts barely had applicability back then.
His concepts are still in play today.  He laid much of the foundation for combat-oriented civilian shooting schools, practical shooting competition, practical handgun techniques (and elements of the Modern Technique were merged with the original Isosceles method to create the modern Isosceles, as I understand it), etc.  He also had much to say about hunting and the RKBA that I think was on the mark.  Yeah, the scout rifle didn't catch on, but IMO it's still a good concept, just one that is poorly understood by most (I like really lightweight rifles for field use).
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a G&A subscription years ago, sucked and was less interesting than the NRA's magazines. I subscribe to RECOIL, best gun mag ever.

Please save your ignorant RECOIL hate before I embarrass you.
View Quote
Indeed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
RECOIL
View Quote
The north remembers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One of their contributors posted on another site that he never writes bad reveiws. Shit guns get quietly sent back to the manufacturer.

Better pictures, same bullshit
View Quote
Ok
So at least they don't lie
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#7]
That's better than bs ing a gun through an eval. And writing a lie.

Dont forget Venterino and some of his articles on trail boss and subsonic rounds.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's better than bs ing a gun through an eval. And writing a lie.

Dont forget Venterino and some of his articles on trail boss and subsonic rounds.  
View Quote
What was that about
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One of their contributors posted on another site that he never writes bad reveiws. Shit guns get quietly sent back to the manufacturer.

Better pictures, same bullshit
View Quote
Well, you do get some good recommendations on tactical beard balm and the latest seasonal shemagh trends.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
American Handgunner is waaay better.
View Quote
Came here to say this
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Recoil
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well, you do get some good recommendations on tactical beard balm and the latest seasonal shemagh trends.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Love it !!!!!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top