Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both and I will tell you my opinions on them.

I really like the sight picture of the eotech, but I like the ruggedness and battery life of the aimpoint.

So it really depends on what you are wanting.  If you want visibility of the reticle and ease of use get the eotech, if you want ultimate toughness and ridiculous battery life (SHTF) get the aimpoint.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon RX-30.

Amber dot, no batteries.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Opinions noted. Thanks!

Next purchase will be the AimPoint. I've managed to end up with two EOTechs over the years, and I'll be holding on to them, too.

For the record, the intended application for the optic I was debating IS for a SHTF scenario, so the battery life is a DEFINITE plus in Aimpoint's favor.

Then you may want to look heavily at biting the bullet and going with the M4 - It's nice and uses AAs, just the price is a hard pill to swallow.  

GULP......

DAMN!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The title says it all.

All things considered, which would you choose and why?

Thanks.

Poll inbound.

I prefer the EOTech reticle.

I prefer the Aimpoint battery life.

I'll be replacing the EOTech on my go to gun with a Micro T-1 in the spring.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
EOTech.  Never had a prob.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Of those two choices, the Eotech.

I'd rather have an Aimpoint T1 over the Eotech, though (depending on Eotech model, I guess).

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both and I must say the Eotech is more accurate with it's 1 moa dot and it's faster on target with the 65 moa ring-o-death IMHO. My Eotech has never lost its zero. However, the battery life and the lifespan of the optic itself are severely lacking. My Eotech has a mfg date of 2007 and  the springs for the batteries both come out freely with battery changes and the life span is measured in range trips rather than hours. The Aimpoint is not quite s accurate (4moa dot here), but at >100 it's dead on. Battery life is awesome and haven't had any issues as of yet.

Soo...Aimpoint FTW
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried an Eotech once ,then bought an Aimpoint ML3.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have both.  Not even a contest.
Aimpoint hands down no second thought, it always works, built like a tank, simple swipe and its ready to go.
EOTech has let me down too many times with dead ass batteries.  I just don't trust it.  It is great for a 22 AR plinker.

I don't think the bulkier AA version of the Aimpoint is an advantage.  With the godlike battery life of the standard battery I wouldn't worry.  I would freak if my AA battery leaked and corroded!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Had both.  The Aimpoint is more rugged.  If Eo-tech could build a better battery box then I would go back.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have both and I must say the Eotech is more accurate with it's 1 moa dot and it's faster on target with the 65 moa ring-o-death IMHO. My Eotech has never lost its zero. However, the battery life and the lifespan of the optic itself are severely lacking. My Eotech has a mfg date of 2007 and  the springs for the batteries both come out freely with battery changes and the life span is measured in range trips rather than hours. The Aimpoint is not quite s accurate (4moa dot here), but at >100 it's dead on. Battery life is awesome and haven't had any issues as of yet.

Soo...Aimpoint FTW

New models are 2 MOA or a 2MOA option.  

Crank up the intensity to see it easy for CQB ranges...  Battery life is crazy anyways.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aimpoint i have had both. I sold the Eotech.

+1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top