Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I also liked a minor-league, baseball movie with William Petersen (stars in CSI).  It was called "Long Gone", and I was very pleasantly surprised by it.

I've never seen it again, but I'm not sure why.  Maybe I'm the only one that liked it.
View Quote

Gee, thanks. Now I've got that song, "Looooooooong Goooooooooooone" stuck in my head.[:D]

Adam

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]
how about...
"Siege of Firebase Gloria"
any of the "Evil Dead"
"They Call Me Bruce"
"Rocky Horror Picture Show"
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Some more off of the beaten path.....
"Strictly Ballroom".  Not too shabby.
"That's the way I like it" (aka "Forever Fever").  A.K.A. What do you get when you mix a bit of Kung Fu, a bit of Disco, a bit of Cheese?

Both decent date flicks.  Both are dance flicks.  Both are a bit predictable but still quite watchable.  And a bit funny.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The Last Dragon featuring Bruce Leroy
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
OOOO, yeah - [b]Memento[/b]

Forgot about that one.  Just finished watching that one (twice) last week, definately goes on the list of best movies, especially by a new director.  A+ on this sleeper.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Why do you people have to watch so many violent movies?

I suggest seeing something along the lines of "Tampopo".
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The Iron Gian was an anti gun movie?? Hmmm...

anyway, how about books? can you guys recommend me some really good books? No war stuff please. I like SciFi, horror, and just plain good reading.

cheers
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
how about...

"They Call Me Bruce"
View Quote

Yeah baby!!

"With this hand, I can poke out your eyes. With this foot, I can kick your nose. Take a goood look, I'm an oriental."[:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want to see a seriously freaky movie check out Existenz or Trainspotting.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Son of a bitch ! five pages and no one has mentioned "Deep Rising" ? If you have not seen it check it out. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005O06P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#12]
ROB ROY is a excellant movie.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Welcome back SteyrAUG. [beer]

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

anyway, how about books? can you guys recommend me some really good books? No war stuff please. I like SciFi, horror, and just plain good reading.

cheers
View Quote

Most certainly was. Hunters are evil monsters with possessed guns.....

Scott

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Lost Highway.
The Adventures of Milo and Otis.
[b]GUMMO[/b].
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Miller's Crossing  (great Cohen gangster flick)
View Quote

I love all the Cohen brothers movies.

The seen where Albert Finney blasts away with the Thompson is great!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Murder by Death -- a hilarious comedic take on "10 Little Indians" and other such like mysteries.  The late Sir Alec Guiness as a blind butler named Bensonmum is a classic.
View Quote

DAMN funny!

Silverado -- IMO one of the best westerns made.  Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Danny Glover, Kevin Costner, John Cleese, Roseanna Arquette, and Brian Dennehy all are well-cast,
View Quote

I agree!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

cheers
View Quote

Watch it with children around. The first thing they say afterwords is: Guns Are Bad.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lost Highway.
The Adventures of Milo and Otis.
[b]GUMMO[/b].
View Quote

I watched GUMMO just because of YOU. It was your "covert" login on one of these spec ops a year ago, remember.

That movie was seriously farked up.

"I hate f#cking rabbits!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I just saw Brigham City, one of the best movies I ever saw, and it didn't get a lot of play.

crash.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's a few I thought were good that didn't appear to get much press:

"LadyHawk" -  Fantasy w/ Mathew Broderic (sp)

"Legend"  - Fantasy W/ Tom Cruise a long long time ago

"The Adventures of Ford Fairlane" - Comedy w/ Andrew Dice Clay.  Most hated it, I thought it was funny as Hell.  Guess it's a taste thing.  I also loved the "Last Action Hero", and most hated that too.

"Out Cold"  A teenager level comedy that had me and my reserved wife both laughing our butts off.  The car spin scene had us falling out of our chairs as the greatest practical joke of all time.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#22]
"Fandango"

Kevin Costner and Judd Nelson... Good road trip / buddy flick and who the hell cannnot laugh at the pilot - sky diving instructor (Kinda reminds me of Carrot Top.)

Music kicked ass too.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top