Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Without an offensive line, it doesn't matter.

Carr is an exceptionally good QB, but he's been beat to death, and hasn't been protected enough to prosper. Same will happen to Bush, Young, Williams, whoever you put in the Texans backfield.

They suck as a team, period.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Edit-this debate is not about Vick and how good or bad he might be

He mentioned Vick, I responded about Vick.  Since when are you the content nazi?

you were simply the last one to mention Vick

This thread is not about vick so lets keep him out of it from now on.  The QB rating works the same way in college as it does in the NFL, just a way to rate the QB's passer efficency (sp)

As far as the "content nazi", dont turn this thread into petty name calling.

Try and stay on topic

The topic is about football, dude. When you've been around as long as Larry, then you can dictate what you want others to talk about.

And we'll still do what we want anyway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
somebody already pointed out that it's moot, because the Texans have made a commitment to Carr, whether that's wise or not.

somebody else already pointed out the benefits of trading the #1 for multiple players/picks.

I fully expect to see Houston draft Reggie Bush in April, and for Young to go to Tennessee to be (re)united with Steve McNair and Bo Scaife.  The same offense the titans run, reliant on short, ball-control passes would be great for Young.  Young made a killing all year throwing to his tight end, and the Titans have Kinney, Troupe, and former longhorn Scaife.

If Chris Brown stays healthy, their offense could be decent.

again, Houston SHOULD trade the #1, but I expect they'll take Bush to appease fans that want star power, not what's best for the team
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ok I was wrong eariler

Young was 3rd in passer rating with a 163.95

He was 1st in the country with the 168 before the Rose Bowl.  I guess 2 other QBs padded their stats against lower competition to pass him up...since he didn't throw for a touchdown, his rating was sure to fall
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The topic is about football, dude. When you've been around as long as Larry, then you can dictate what you want others to talk about.

Yes it is about football, but more specifically should the texans keep Carr or trade his ass and take Young as #1 pic

If you want to talk about something different then simply start another thread

Dont tell me what I want to talk about just because you have more posts than me.  there is no need to be a dick
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ok I was wrong eariler

Young was 3rd in passer rating with a 163.95

He was 1st in the country with the 168 before the Rose Bowl.  I guess 2 other QBs padded their stats against lower competition to pass him up...since he didn't throw for a touchdown, his rating was sure to fall

That is exactly what happened, but thanks for pointing it out
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is about football, but more specifically should the texans keep Carr or trade his ass and take Young as #1 pic

If you want to talk about something different then simply start another thread

Dont tell me what I want to talk about just because you have more posts than me.  there is no need to be a dick

This coming from the guy who asked to keep the name-calling out of the thread, eh?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Like I just said, if you have nothing constructive to add to MY thread then stay out of it, but if you want to debate what the texans should do with their first round pic then tell me what you think.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Like I just said, if you have nothing constructive to add to MY thread then stay out of it, but if you want to debate what the texans should do with their first round pic then tell me what you think.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.freewebs.com/thornyrose/Cartman-RespectMyAuthority.jpg

+1

Edit- But you are not helping either
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.freewebs.com/thornyrose/Cartman-RespectMyAuthority.jpg

+1

Edit- But you are not helping either

I haven't helped a single thread since, well, ever. And, I'm not about to start now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, with Capers out a new offense will be forthcoming too, right? Trade Carr for a good running back and maybe a couple of picks to build up the offensive line. Draft Vince and begin work on the dynasty!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well, with Capers out a new offense will be forthcoming too, right? Trade Carr for a good running back and maybe a couple of picks to build up the offensive line. Draft Vince and begin work on the dynasty!

Yes capers is gone and a new offense in on the way.  Carr will not be there next season

Viva la Dynasty
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top