User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Laziness annoys me and causes me to take the poster a lot less seriously than I might have otherwise.

The 'could of could have' thing is annoying along with the whole 'too-to' deal. Oh well, it is just GD after all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Grammar Nazis piss me off a lot more than people who misspell a word or two.

Laziness annoys me and causes me to take the poster a lot less seriously than I might have otherwise.

The 'could of could have' thing is annoying along with the whole 'too-to' deal. Oh well, it is just GD after all.

The "too-to" thing has to be one of the more asinine rules of English language. I fail to see the point in needing "too".

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Public school education is the primary cause. There are too many students in the classes with a lot of pressure to move them to the next grade. When I was in school there were a few who needed extra attention from the teacher. The classes were small enough to allow this the first few years. I transferred to a private school in the 8th grade because the new norm of only teaching to the lowest common denominator had set in. My last 2 years in public school was spent in the library. There were about 12 of us. The teachers came in for no more than 10 minutes at the beginning of each period. We were given our assignments and left to get them done. This was going to be phased out because it was unfair to the special snowflakes.
The communists are very proud of this dumbing down. Stupid people have fewer job opportunities. They are more easily manipulated. They tend to not be able to accept responsibility for their poor life choices. This list could be much longer but there's really no need. We are doomed to face the consequences of this plan-conspiracy- agenda anytime we interact with people outside of our own little bubbles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what about the sudden trend to use 'alot' as though they were one word??
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Spaded with a hot fireplace poker or run thru a chipper shredder?  What the fuck is it with people who can't spell a simple sentence nowadays?
View Quote

I hav tooo thang aboot thay won.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The "too-to" thing has to be one of the more asinine rules of English language. I fail to see the point in needing "too".

View Quote

I'm not proficient in spelling or grammar, but I'm curious what word you would prefer to use rather than too. Not picking on you, and anyone can provide an answer if they would like to.

While I'm at it, I'll admit that I often use incorrect grammar like "Them there are puppy sweaters", because I find it humorous.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
All y'all need to git y'all to behavin'.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm not proficient in spelling or grammar, but I'm curious what word you would prefer to use rather than too. Not picking on you, and anyone can provide an answer if they would like to.

While I'm at it, I'll admit that I often use incorrect grammar like "Them there are puppy sweaters", because I find it humorous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not just use "to"?   The car was going too fast and The car was going to fast.  What difference does the extra "o" really make? It seems to me that "too" should be phased out.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I know what you mean OP. I didn't begin learning the English language until I was about 4-5 years old and some people that were born here are way more fucked up than I am when it comes to grammar and spelling.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why not just use "to"?   The car was going too fast and The car was going to fast.  What difference does the extra "o" really make? It seems to me that "too" should be phased out.

View Quote

That would be very confusing.
I wouldn't know if the car was being propelled at an unsafe speed or if it was going to stop eating for a few days.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I wouldn't know if the car was being propelled at an unsafe speed or if it was going to stop eating for a few days.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

well, shit. That is a good point. So now we need to get rid of "too" and also redefine "fast" as a term regarding speed and not related to eating.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spaded with a hot fireplace poker or run thru a chipper shredder?  What the fuck is it with people who can't spell a simple sentence nowadays?
View Quote

Ironic that you misspelled words in your own thread about bad spelling.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm just going to learn Klingon.
This English stuff is complicated.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its just so easy to do right, just think of too being 'too' it has the extra 'O' so its 'too'.
Perhaps this is a bit pedantic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG the horror! the horror!
I think we can take this topic a bit too far?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's fast?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#17]
The "could of" thing bothers me but the improper use of the words break and brake make me want to murder kittens.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#18]
If one can tell what someone’s saying I don’t see the point in worrying about it .. everyone slips up from time to time.
Its just an online forum
Its not a life or death fucking test ... rest you’re nazi necks
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I will excuse whirlygirl but the rest of you kids need to read my sig line and get a fucken life
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its spelled "through" no "thru". I hate when people spell incorrectly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its spelled "through" no "thru". I hate when people spell incorrectly

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I am constantly amazed that some of you people can even feed yourselves.    PIMF--Preview Is My Friend.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#22]
No shit
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I am not master of the english language, but I think grammar grammar is lacking in the above statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you would be amazed at how many people are proud to be stupid.

I am not master of the english language, but I think grammar grammar is lacking in the above statement.
As spelling is lacking in yours.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I will excuse whirlygirl but the rest of you kids need to read my sig line and get a fucken life
View Quote

I was hoping to be able to get a life too- just one more thing I will miss out on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I know, it's annoying.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top