Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the very best guns I have bought have been face to face.
I am 100% clean and could pass any background check but when people that worked at a factory that someone I know worked at and got laid off several came to me and said how much will you give me for my Colt Lawman etc.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Noooooo
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Should the government have any say in who you sell your own property to?

Should the FFL and background check system even exist?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had an illegal offer to buy my Mini 14 . I didn't sell it to him because he couldn't produce I'D proving he was a resident of my stae. See how that works?

Should the government have any say in who you sell your own property to?

Should the FFL and background check system even exist?

Shoulda,  Woulda, coulda.  The law as it exists says what it says. I buy and sell face to face frequently. I don't sell to  people who I think are prohibited persons. If you can't prove you are a resident of Florida I can't legally sell to you. If I ask you if you are a felon and you say yes or you tell me about the restraining order your wife has on your then I won't sell to you. That is the law. If you don't like it, ignore it or get it changed.  I don't care which.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't vote.

I love me a good face to face transfer.
I loathe illegals. The bain of small town America.
Legal immigrants tend to agree.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Illegal's should be rounded up imprisoned and sent back home afterwards.  There is a legal way to enter the country, then again I guess we'd have to be a nation of laws to consider that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
There's one ten in every crowd
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]
um no
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Only 3 percent commie tonight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Reference this thread.

The results don't match the other thread.
View Quote

there is no disconnect here. I do FTF by preference, buy and sell. I do it because:
-I don't want any record of the guns I might own.
-I want to keep the shell game going. "where ARE all those pesky guns?"
my state requires only that I obey the law vis a vis prohibited persons. Wyoming doesn't require registration, or record keeping for private sales. buy and sell, forget. short memory.

I realize these concepts may be foreign to someone from Sweden. by that I mean no insult. you must realize that many americans are now deciding, without fanfare, to play by the rules that the Mexicans, with the approval of our overlords, have written.

as far as illegals getting guns, what a joke! Holder will send them all the guns they want, and they won't even have to leave Mexico.

they won't get them from me. here's the rule I live by: No one in the government has enforced the law in decades. therefore, I have the right to assume that any Hispanic I meet is illegal. If "Hispanic-americans" don't like this, I suggest that they call their congresspimps and tell them to enforce the law. then we'll know who is who.
simple rule: I don't hire them, I don't help them, and I certainly don't sell them guns.

now, if they were selling, I'd buy if it was a good deal. then i'd call La Migra.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Illegal's should be rounded up imprisoned and sent back home afterwards.  There is a legal way to enter the country, then again I guess we'd have to be a nation of laws to consider that.
View Quote

You want to pay to house and feed illegal aliens?

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

there is no disconnect here. I do FTF by preference, buy and sell. I do it because:
my state requires only that I obey the law vis a vis prohibited persons. Wyoming doesn't require registration, or record keeping for private sales. buy and sell, forget. short memory.

as far as illegals getting guns, what a joke! Holder will send them all the guns they want, and they won't even have to leave Mexico.

they won't get them from me. here's the rule I live by: No one in the government has enforced the law in decades. therefore, I have the right to assume that any Hispanic I meet is illegal. If "Hispanic-americans" don't like this, I suggest that they call their congresspimps and tell them to enforce the law. then we'll know who is who.
simple rule: I don't hire them, I don't help them, and I certainly don't sell them guns.

now, if they were selling, I'd buy if it was a good deal. then i'd call La Migra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reference this thread.

There's obviously a disconnect. The only way to keep illegals from buying guns would be to ban FTF transfers.

Not every seller is as picky as you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#12]
They can choose to do so, if they wish to.  I will not be all that bothered with it since I no longer care what they want.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already pay so that they can drop their anchor babies and get free care at my county hospital. I can't use that hospital because I can't afford insurance and would lose my house.
I already pay so that they can send their kids to my schools.
public health, welfare, ESL teachers, you get the picture. I already pay. let's lock them up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Just long enough to get a bus full and drive them across the border and drop them off at a local mexican jail. Or fly them to southern mexico, and leave them there.

There are WELL over a thousand of them living in my county alone.
How many buses would that fill up?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There's obviously a disconnect. The only way to keep illegals from buying guns would be to ban FTF transfers.

View Quote

Criminals are going to criminal.
But you have a point. Eric Holder is not as picky as I am.

Ban FTF? FUCK THAT!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Only 3 percent commie tonight.
View Quote

WTF is wrong with them.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reference this thread.

so be it. I think we are all beginning to feel that WE are becoming illegals. besides, I have yet to meet a Mexican that can shoot. I was at the Spirit of America long range championships last year. seven countries represented. no Mexicans.
the rule of law came somewhat late to this continent, my European friend. a lot of us here are beginning to feel that this is a losing game, and it might be worth changing it.  we are an unruly people, attached mainly to a sense of fairness.
It is also a hard country to police. My state alone is half the size of your country, and has maybe one fifteenth the population. our cities are no better from the standpoint of imposing order. increasingly they have large, and growing, sections that border on the anarchic.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Impossible law to enforce. With out a registry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Of course not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
No.  They should be encouraged.  

IMHO, the possession of firearms should not be encumbered by government regulations and paperwork.

...shall not be infringed.  I know I read that somewhere.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top