Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ 104 ]  Bath  [ 66.67% ]
[ 52 ]  Bullet  [ 33.33% ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Votes :: 156

LOL.  What a thread

I voted to bathe him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My dog likes to roll around in goose shit & deer shit.

I have noticed that about my pup too, what the hell? Why do they do this?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Too late.
Now you'll just be whooping his ass just for the sake of whooping.
You should have whooped his ass when he was rolling on the stuff... ot its too late.

I didn't know he was rolling in it...if I whooped his ass after he came over, he would of associated the ass whooping with the "here boy" and that's bad mojo.

Yup. Dogs can only be punished for something while they are doing it. They are creatures of the moment.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Throw him in the clothes washer. Little bit of pinesol and some tide on heavy duty cycle. works wonders.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm disappointed with the results of this poll.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BOOM!

X2

triple tap!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My dog likes to roll around in goose shit & deer shit.

I have noticed that about my pup too, what the hell? Why do they do this?

They're trying to be helpful, in their stupid little brains.

They're bringing you the scent of something useful, like a dead carcass for you to feast on or the scent of other dogs so that you know there's another pack in the area.

Actually, most behavior dogs do is well intentioned like that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just whoop his ass, By God!

Too late.
Now you'll just be whooping his ass just for the sake of whooping.
You should have whooped his ass when he was rolling on the stuff... ot its too late.

That's the correct answer.

Treat the animal like an animal, not a kid who understands actions=consequences.

Bath the dog, forget about it. That's part of owning dogs.

Next time, when you see him rolling in dead shit, scold the living shit out of him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#9]
My 11 year old Back Lab Willie has a thing for rolling in dead fish like carps on lake shores . I gave him a fillett of fish  to eat he ran off w/it and when I checked on him he was grinding his self into on the ground ........SFD
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just how big an ole boy are ya?   Id pour a 55 gallon drum a whoop ass on him.

Take your nap and then go over there and whoop his ays.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I think dogs roll around in the worst shit possible to cover their own scent.  Since scent is so important do a dog, it understands the importance of scent.  Therefore, dogs roll around in nasty stuff to camoflage their own odor so other animals might can not detect them as preditors.

Yes, I think a dogs instinct is that "smart".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top