Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I would no longer listen to your SiL.  She outed herself.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I realize she's only your SIL, but I'd pull the eject handle anyway.

If she left the road and drove into a tree she'd probably try and find the squirrel that buried the nut.  

View Quote
My wife is nothing like her sister. Other than DNA...they are as different as pork chops and tofu.

Wife shoots, fishes, hints, cooks, and takes good care of me.

Sister...no, no, no, can't cook, and is a twat.

Wife is her daddy's daughter.  Sister is the momma's daughter.

No eject...but am ready for SIL to go home.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wife's sister.  Wife thinks she is a loon.   SIL is the middle child...explains a lot.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife's sister, brother's wife, or the wife of the brother of your spouse?
Wife's sister.  Wife thinks she is a loon.   SIL is the middle child...explains a lot.  

I was going to tell you to punch your brother in the mouth if it was his wife.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pics of wife and SIL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics of wife and SIL.

I am shocked that I, and the rest of AR15.com, failed this badly. No wonder they made you a moderator.

Also, ClatuVertanictu, I hope your feel better quickly. Sprains suck. I've had fractures that didn't hurt as much.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
The fact that you are even considering it puts you in the same category as this SIL.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pics of wife and SIL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics of wife and SIL.

This
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The van has a low door opening...when I ducked my head to get out, I stepped amend missed the step...and the heel of my boot caught it...jamming my toes down, and impacting the ground...so my foot bent forward and clockwise.  

The hotel staff was terrified...I just asked for some ice and Tylenol...told them I fell on my own.  

My SIL is here amd she went off telling me I should sue Embassy Suites.

I just don't see it that way.  She's always looking for so,ething for nothing.

I got x rays on Monday...no bone damage...just a severe sprain.  Like I said...I'm out nothing more than my $20 copay.  I don't feel like I suffered loss...heck..I've got a big bottle of happy pills out of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are going to have to give up some more details here.
The van has a low door opening...when I ducked my head to get out, I stepped amend missed the step...and the heel of my boot caught it...jamming my toes down, and impacting the ground...so my foot bent forward and clockwise.  

The hotel staff was terrified...I just asked for some ice and Tylenol...told them I fell on my own.  

My SIL is here amd she went off telling me I should sue Embassy Suites.

I just don't see it that way.  She's always looking for so,ething for nothing.

I got x rays on Monday...no bone damage...just a severe sprain.  Like I said...I'm out nothing more than my $20 copay.  I don't feel like I suffered loss...heck..I've got a big bottle of happy pills out of it.

you said it was your fault so even if you did want to sue you won't be able to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pics of wife and SIL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics of wife and SIL.
Pic of sammich maker after a victorious day of fishing:

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The resulting injury has left me unable to walk for the last 6 days amd in a high level of pain.

I am not the suing type, and pretty much jusy walked it off and went to my room.  I have missed no time for work, amd am out a $20 copay.

I think I did right dealing with, what I think was my own mis-step...yet my sister in law insists I should make the hotel pay and I should sue them and get money.

I'm bored off my ass, and am ready to go out...but can't.

What say the gang in GD?  Should I have made the hotel pick up the expensese?

Ask me how I know your SIL has FSA tendencies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I recently fell out of a van at an Embassy Suites...it was their shuttle, and I was not under the influence of anything.
The resulting injury has left me unable to walk for the last 6 days amd in a high level of pain.

I am not the suing type, and pretty much jusy walked it off and went to my room.  I have missed no time for work, amd am out a $20 copay.

I think I did right dealing with, what I think was my own mis-step...yet my sister in law insists I should make the hotel pay and I should sue them and get money.

Ask me how I know your SIL has FSA tendencies.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I recently fell out of a van at an Embassy Suites...it was their shuttle, and I was not under the influence of anything.

View Quote

how would you make them pay for YOUR mistake?  if there is no negligence on their part, then they dont owe you shit and a courtroom wont award you anything either.  IMO, it would be a waste to hire an attorney.  the only thing you are eligible for is the med pay coverage on their premises which is probably $1k -$2k.  contact the hotel and see who their insurer is.

edit: forgot to add, i'm an insurance adjuster so i deal with this shit all day long.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#12]
You asking on here makes me think you had a slight hope that you "should" sue
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You asking on here makes me think you had a slight hope that you "should" sue
View Quote
You assume too much.

First...I have a yapping SIL In my house.

Second...I'm bored to tears because I can't go anywhere.

Third...I was genuinely curious what the hive would say.

Fourth...did I tell you I was bored?  I feel trapped in my own house and am being subjected to a marathon session of HGTV.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Just the fact that you thought enough to come here asking about suing troubles me about your core beliefs
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Tell your sister in law to sit on a hot iron.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Your dad would call you a pussy ;)
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#19]
OP doesn't know how to walk and falls out of a van.
Hey OP, remember that McDonald's coffee is hot!!  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes.  If you feel the slightest pain or even feel a little upset while on someone else's property... sue the hell out of them.

It's the American way.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#21]

No, you shouldn't sue.

Yes, you should worry anytime that your SIL is in your home.  If she does something stupid, she will have to make a decision whether to try and hold you financially responsible for something of her own doing.

So far, she has shown that her thought processes on the topic are not promising.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/Osnola_Kinnard/2012-09-23_12-12-20_9363_zps1daaa46e.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics of wife and SIL.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/Osnola_Kinnard/2012-09-23_12-12-20_9363_zps1daaa46e.jpg

That is a beautiful fish.

Also you might want to consider trespassing your sister from your property.  If she falls while failing to navigate your front door step she will probably sue you for damages.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#23]
The idea behind a lawsuit is to be made whole, not to profit. If it turns out you have a permanent injury, then yes a lawsuit might be in order. At the most they owe you maybe $20.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#24]
When I get home I'll meet you @ your sister in law's, & I'll shove you.  Then you can sue her.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top