User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This congregation is armed.

Lori’s husband had a wheel gun hidden safely in a cabinet.  Only a few congregants knew about it.  The Rabbi is also armed.

The perp parked out front, walked in the open front door.  Shots were fired immediately, I’m not sure exactly who was hit first.  The Rabbi had a few fingers shot off.  Lori took one shot to the abdomen and died instantly.

When husband heard the commotion, he retrieved the wheel gun and tossed it to the BP guy who was praying.  There was another ex-military congregant accosted the perp, screaming at folks to get down.  The perp panicked and ran to his car.  The BP fired several shots into the car, blowing out the back window and possibly hitting a tire.  The perp surrendered to local LA a mile down the road.

The perp had multiple mags.  A huge massacre was prevented by the presence of that wheel gun.
View Quote
And thank God for that.

Incredible that there was the presence of mind of the victim's husband to toss the gun to someone who would use it effectively. I wish that the fuckwad had been DRT.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
RIP Too bad the news chooses to suppress the facts that are inconvenient to them
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm so sorry, that's terrible and an unreal situation

her poor husband and family
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Drsalee, please let us know if there is anything, anything at all that we can do!
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Another pos nutter with a manifesto

Sad to read the details here. It looks like those who took action really made a difference but damn...
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
This is just terrible....Drsalee, so sorry to hear of this, prayers out for you, your family, and the family of your friend.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The madness hits home hard at ARFcom.

So sorry Dr.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I am so sorry Doc.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Damn.

I hate to bring it up, but he will probably need people to help shield him from the news media.  I knew someone that was shot and killed in a robbery.  Within an hour or two of the police notifying his widow, she had reporters knocking on her door, wanting an on camera interview.  'Persistent' would be an extremely polite way of describing them.
View Quote
Time to go over there and put sprinklers throughout the front yard.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m very sorry for yours and your congregation’s loss, Drsalee.  I know it’s not easy, but thank you for posting the details here.  This might well be the only place the truth is documented.  My deepest condolences.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:06:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Very sorry for your loss, Doc.  News reports are now saying that your friend jumped in front of the Rabbi to protect him when she was shot.  She sounds like a real hero to me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:23:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m very sorry for yours and your congregation’s loss, Drsalee.  I know it’s not easy, but thank you for posting the details here.  This might well be the only place the truth is documented.  My deepest condolences.
View Quote
I don’t even know Drsalee and yet it feels like a friend just got hit badly.

I am so sorry for his loss.

Sir if you need anything just let me know

ETA: cleanup
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Just found out about this.  Under a rock all day.  I'm sorry Drsalee and to all victims involved.  Prayers out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:15:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for your loss Doc.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:48:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Drsalee I have been following this since you first posted and I still can't find the words.
My sincerest condolences to you & yours.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Your friend showed a powerful and rare strength of character and selflessness.  My condolensces on your loss.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#17]
This is so sad
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry, DrSalee.

Please stay strong and be vigilant.

This AR community is with you and we won't let you down.

Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#19]
This monster may claim to be Christian but his acts fly in the face of Jesus Christ's teachings. I don't see how somebody who is truly saved turn around murder innocent people. The Kaye family, Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein, Noya Dahan,  Almog Peretz, the Chabad of Poway congregation and Drsalee and his family will be in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The shooter stated in his manifesto that, he was Anti-Trump, Anti-Jewish and anti-conservative.

Just like much of the recently elected congress
View Quote
Yet the far left media has laid this shooting squarely at the feet of all of those things he is against.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Watched NBC waiting for the hockey game. Both local and national news said members of the congergation confronted the shooter but didn't mention a gun.
View Quote
LOL. Of course.

"Confronted."

Sort of like "teen."

When the facts say one thing, but your agenda gets in the way of reporting it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#22]
The lesson here is that you need to fight back and to do that effectively you need to be armed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Update:

My dear friend, Lori Kaye (obm) was murdered today by Jew hater .

She was the kindest gentlest human beings I have ever known. She was the real deal

We had the honor of spending yesterday evening with her as she attended my daughters graduation.  My entire family is devastating.  She was as close to me as any person could be.

I don't know how to process this but I do appreciate the support my ARCOM brothers give me.

I want to put a face on this.

This is Lori, from last night.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/161250/1C529C63-91FF-4592-82A2-0DE2FFC38C79-926804.jpg

Lori's daughter is on the other side of my daughter
View Quote
Drsalee I am truly sorry for your loss and her family's
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
BP was not carrying

The Lori's husband pitched him a handgun when he heard the commotion.

BP guy is a parishioner .  BP returned fire and the guy ran off.  BP chases him out side and shot the rear window out of his car.  Local police collared him a few blocks away.

Lori's husband is a physician.  He didn't know who was hit.  They called him to do CPR on a victim.  When husband arrives to the victim,  he then sees that it is his wife.  He passes out.  He is now a mess.  Can you even imagine that?!  What a fucking shit show
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assuming he was carrying his duty weapon and following the CBP Use of Force manual he's under the agency's 24 hour carry policy (otherwise known as being on duty). I don't think CA can do anything about that.
BP was not carrying

The Lori's husband pitched him a handgun when he heard the commotion.

BP guy is a parishioner .  BP returned fire and the guy ran off.  BP chases him out side and shot the rear window out of his car.  Local police collared him a few blocks away.

Lori's husband is a physician.  He didn't know who was hit.  They called him to do CPR on a victim.  When husband arrives to the victim,  he then sees that it is his wife.  He passes out.  He is now a mess.  Can you even imagine that?!  What a fucking shit show
My god.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As long as we are taking this shitwit at face value, he is also very much a Christian.
View Quote
Only in the same way a crossdressing man claims he's a woman.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#26]
@Drsalee,

Can details of the shooting be posted to social media?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Drsalee, so sorry for the loss of your friend.  My condolences to you, her husband, and your whole congregation.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting her picture, Doc, and putting a human face on this tragedy. So sorry for your loss. Prayers out for her and for your family.
View Quote
This.  So sorry doc.  Please let us know if we can help her family.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Absolutely the kindest, gentlest woman I know is shot.

I am very distraught

My daughter graduated from college last night and she was with us until late in the evening
View Quote

Take this John Earnest out back "may god have mercy on your soul"...…….BOOM!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm sitting here digesting the pictures, the real story, and the reality of the world we now find ourselves confronted by.

I've never met you but consider you a friend and brother like so many others here.

My heart is broken for you and your friends. Again, you have my deepest sympathies and condolences.

You will be in my prayers today and often as we all move forward from here into a world that has changed our lives.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#31]
So sorry for your loss, Doc.

This shit is all fucked up. Good people die, evil people get to live. Fuck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey doc I emailed you late last night.  Can the real story be spread?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#33]
So sad.

Sorry for your loss Doc.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Doc,

I’m so sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@Drsalee,

Can details of the shooting be posted to social media?
View Quote
Please tell everyone you know in every manner you have available.  Nothing I have posted is privileged.

I have known Lori for 30 years and I knew her as well as I could have known anyone.  I am CERTAIN she would want this story screamed from the rooftops.

She was as conservative of a woman as anyone I have known.  She ABSOLUTELY loved DJT. We spent many hours of conversation gleefully disccussing DJT surprise election.  She was very pro -gun.  I will not allow her memory to be used as any platform for the libtards to justify a gun grab.  She was very pro-military.  Her husband was in the Navy and her father was career Navy.  Her father is still alive.  That guy is also a mess.  He spent his life serving this country......now this.  I don’t know what I can even say to him.

Her 21YO daughter is barely holding together, but is doing better than the husband.  She is also an extended member of my family, and basically grew up in my house with my 2 daughters.  God only knows how this is going to affect this sweet girl.  Having your mother murdered for being Jewish  is going to change her .....and I’d imagine.....not for the better.

The husband is angry.  Very angry.   He called his employer, and I overheard it, he just said I won’t be coming into work for 2 weeks because my wife was killed by a Jew-hater.  I cried when I heard him say that.   I have spent much time with him and have made sure he will be safe and he won’t do anything rash.  He has promised me he will call me if he goes to a dark place.  I believe he will, he is a man of his word.  I wanted to sleep at
His house last night, but he wanted privacy and I respected that.  I left my MIL over there with the daughter and Loris sister also stayed the night.

The funeral will probably be today or tomorrow, depending on when the ME releases Lori’s body.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hey doc I emailed you late last night.  Can the real story be spread?
View Quote
sorry for the delay.

I did respond to the email but it bounced back.

Yes......post the story everywhere.  I am absolutely certain, that is what Lori would want.......and what her family would want .

And, thank you for the kind words .
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
what the fucking actual fuck??? fuck him/her/it... fucking cunt..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
seems like Shannon Watts is already dancing in it...

[tweet]Actually, the Poway shooting underscores the unlikelihood of average civilians stopping shooters - a highly trained and armed Border Patrol Agent missed the shooter and instead hit his vehicle. This was AFTER the gunman fatally shot one victim, and injured several others. https://t.co/tGz4gqeIlr— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) April 28, 2019 [/tweet]
What it actually shows is that a good guy with a gun can stop a mass shooting even if he doesn’t hit the shooter. The mere prospect of getting shot was enough to run him off.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm at a loss for words. I'm so sorry.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Don't let Lori's husband be alone......good call.

Give him the space and some privacy but do not let him be alone-that's the hardest/worst time.  If he's even able to go back to work in two weeks he's a better man than me.

Make sure someone is with her dad as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm so sorry.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Thank you for the update.  I am terribly sorry.  There is a fight brewing over this and you know the narrative the press is going to spin.  Should you choose to enter that fray, this is the result of identitarian politics, not nationalism.  The progressives carved up people based upon their race and ethnic identities with the calculated assessment that if they just demonized white men, they would win the rest of the elections with the non-white man vote.  Well, that is a double edged sword and now your friend is dead because the identity politics that killed millions in the 20th century is still being used for political power today.

God bless you and your congregation.  I will join the Kaddish for your friend.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We are congregants here at this synagogue and are driving back from my daughters graduation  we are hearing there was a shooting at our synagogue Chabad of Poway with multiple casualties

Any information on this will be very helpful  what have you heard
View Quote
prayers to you, your family and congregation.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#44]
my condolences to you and all righteous victims in this horrible act of evil.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#45]
And thank all of you ARFCOM buddies.

You , anonymous friends, have given me strength.  I find it cathartic to post things and I sincerely appreciate all the responses.

I try to find some wisdom or message to pass to my own family.......other than learn to shoot back.....but I just don’t know what it is.

My family is very very upset.  My wife has buried herself in the intricacies of organizing, arranging things, that’s how she copes.  She is very good at that kinda stuff.  Me, and the kids .....we are just trying to be there for each other.

We were at the hospital for many many hours yesterday, and I have to give credit to the counselors and mental health staff they had at the hospital.  They, literally, had a small army of folks available to those grieving.  It was very helpful and those folks have a job I certainly would never want to do and I was glad they were there .  They were immensely helpful.

Nobody in my family wanted to be alone last night, so we set up cots in the family room and we all slept on the couch , chairs and cots.

I haven’t heard from Rabbi Goldstein, I am sure I will, I have been pals with him for 30 years .  I have heard he lost a few fingers.  That guy will be fine.  He is a dynamo and he has more moxie in the debris collected under the fingernail of his little finger than this piece of excrement who shot him has in his whole body.  The sick irony with this shitbag, Goldstein is SUCH a dynamic dynamo, I am absolutely certain, that Chabad of Poway will be made much stronger and larger as a result of this.  Additionally, Goldstein is also very, very conservative.  He is  firmly and unequivocally on our team, and he has been for as long as I’ve known him.......or I would never have hung around as long as I did.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Read that your friend jumped in front of the Rabbi when shots were being fired. I’m sorry for the loss of your friend and for the hate that caused this. Stay strong and know that we are with you.

Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Having read the manifesto, I don't think he targeted the only consistently conservative jewish group on purpose, but he would have to make the point if he had the brains to notice.

His anger wasn't directed at progressive, secular jews.  It was all jews, by blood.  He openly supported Hitler.

The only group uniformly hated by everyone who would want to kill us is politically conservative jews.

This won't be the last attack, unfortunately.  You don't want to see what is brewing on the thread on the NYT's cartoon with Netanyahu and Trump.  Half can't see it as hating jews, the other half do and don't care.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What it actually shows is that a good guy with a gun can stop a mass shooting even if he doesn’t hit the shooter. The mere prospect of getting shot was enough to run him off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
seems like Shannon Watts is already dancing in it...

[tweet]Actually, the Poway shooting underscores the unlikelihood of average civilians stopping shooters - a highly trained and armed Border Patrol Agent missed the shooter and instead hit his vehicle. This was AFTER the gunman fatally shot one victim, and injured several others. https://t.co/tGz4gqeIlr— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) April 28, 2019 [/tweet]
Yes. It often "snaps" them back into reality and triggers the flight response when an unexpected opposing force is presented. Could be a realistic looking squirt or cap gun although that is a gamble few would take. Without that he could have very well had maintained the confidence to continue shooting for the record "high score" to impress his 8chan bros.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Having read the manifesto, I don't think he targeted the only consistently conservative jewish group on purpose, but he would have to make the point if he had the brains to notice.

His anger wasn't directed at progressive, secular jews.  It was all jews, by blood.  He openly supported Hitler.

The only group uniformly hated by everyone who would want to kill us is politically conservative jews.

This won't be the last attack, unfortunately.  You don't want to see what is brewing on the thread on the NYT's cartoon with Netanyahu and Trump.  Half can't see it as hating jews, the other half do and don't care.
View Quote
Jew-hating is back in fashion.

Say the N-WORD ?  God forbid.........you will never work again.

Make an anti-LBGTQ statement.......you will be fired from your job instantly.

Jew-hating......not so much.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Sorry for your loss OP
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top