Quoted:

Quoted:
I totally misread the title.
SHIT!!!  So did I.

its a tarp!
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I use a synthetic brush.  It works fine with Kells soap and a DE razor.  

This. Love my synthetic but I am looking for a nice badger to see what all the fuss is about.

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So a brush makes of world of difference  over using your fingers to apply shaving cream?

brushes will get in and lift the hairs allowing your razor to lop them off closer to the skin surface
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]
ok been using it all week.. Im sold.. saving my penny's for a silver tip brush..

next Q, is preshave oil use full? Or is it like moly coat for bullets?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think I might try the old soap and brush, what am I to look for when picking this stuff out? I dont want to spend mega bucks to only have the stuff not work for me and sit there.

Update..

OK was at wallys tonight and saw a boar brush soap and cup set for 8 bucks and figured WTF.

I tried it..

WoW just WoW. much better shave than hand soap in the shower like ive been doing for YEARS! And that's with my trusty Xtream 3 disposable. I think im sold.. Just next time i need a bit more water. lather was a bit dry.

my GBS silvertip holds so much more water than my regular badger that I had to re-do my first cup of shaving cream; it turned to soapy water.
better brushes hold more water than cheap ones..

I saw your thread on Kell's soaps; I prefer the Proraso ( blue or red , aloe or sandalwood) creams in the squeeze tubes over any hard soap. I understand that Bed Bath and Beyond carries them under the "bigelow" brand.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I might try the old soap and brush, what am I to look for when picking this stuff out? I dont want to spend mega bucks to only have the stuff not work for me and sit there.

Update..

OK was at wallys tonight and saw a boar brush soap and cup set for 8 bucks and figured WTF.

I tried it..

WoW just WoW. much better shave than hand soap in the shower like ive been doing for YEARS! And that's with my trusty Xtream 3 disposable. I think im sold.. Just next time i need a bit more water. lather was a bit dry.

my GBS silvertip holds so much more water than my regular badger that I had to re-do my first cup of shaving cream; it turned to soapy water.
better brushes hold more water than cheap ones..

I saw your thread on Kell's soaps; I prefer the Proraso ( blue or red , aloe or sandalwood) creams in the squeeze tubes over any hard soap. I understand that Bed Bath and Beyond carries them under the "bigelow" brand.

Thought Id check out Kells stuff since he is a member here, but holy crap the choices.. And I wish I had brush and soap in the .mil days. would of kept me from breaking out so damn much.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top