Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Did football bar presses with 2 - 12 kg kettlebells hanging on bands from each end of the bar. This was problematic for us, because as soon as you moved the bar off the rack the kettlebells started swinging and bouncing on the bands, trying to make you unstable (and doing a good job of it too)

Would love to see a pic of this.

Link Posted: 8/26/2007 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Planning on taking a digital camera to a session soon so I can post pics.
Link Posted: 8/28/2007 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Shoulda took the camera today - so you guys could see what a Shark looks like smashed under 455!  We were doing me DL's with green bands and I had just barely missed 485, so we dropped down to 455.  I was fighting through it and had lost my momentum (lost the smooth effort and was jerking the bar up in small increments like the rookie I am) and fell backwards but tried to stay with it (like a dumbass) and actually managed to pin myself under the bar.  Pretty significant skin loss on left shin (like everyone else's)  and nice deep red impression on my right quad (I don't bruise - never have - don't know why, but this is as close to bruising as I can remember, and almost had my right foot turned around 180 degrees like a bad magic trick.  All said & done, I got up and finished the workout - mighty sore right now though!

ETA: we train Sumo style for added difficulty which can help you understand how I lost my center of gravity.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2007 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ETA: we train Sumo style for added difficulty which can help you understand how I lost my center of gravity.  

I hope you don't wear one of those Sumo diapers.

J/K

Glad you are ok.

Link Posted: 8/28/2007 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you don't wear one of those Sumo diapers.

J/K

Glad you are ok.

Negative on the diapers!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2007 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
... the kettlebells started swinging and bouncing on the bands, trying to make you unstable (and doing a good job of it too...

I did something similar a one point.  We had a Bowflex and it wasn't cutting it. I tried hanging dumbells on the end of the bar, plus the bows (I had a squat attachment that I used). I think I ended up smacking myself in the face and decided that was enough of that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2007 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's some pics of ME upper this A.M.

Spotting Jeff:

My turn -

Link Posted: 8/29/2007 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.

Keep it  up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2007 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I bet there is no testerone flowing in that gym

I'd love to train in a place like that, but they'd probably laugh me out of the place!
Link Posted: 8/29/2007 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I bet there is no testerone flowing in that gym

I'd love to train in a place like that, but they'd probably laugh me out of the place!

You'd be surprised how supportive they are.
Link Posted: 8/29/2007 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I read the article in FLEX,  I must say I am very impressed.  Power lifting is not my thing, but I would train with ya'll in a heart beat.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2007 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I read the article in FLEX,  I must say I am very impressed.  Power lifting is not my thing, but I would train with ya'll in a heart beat.  

I know what you mean - obviously I'm not one with a powerlifters physique - but gains are coming extremely quick, and my goal is to balance out my body -increase my overall strength and thicken up to prevent injury on the job (firefighting).  We do have some bodybuilders (Mr. Ohio) and MMA fighters who train there too.  It's an atmosphere that perpetuates growth, and pushes guys through sticking points when they become stagnant in their gains with their own training regimens.
Link Posted: 8/30/2007 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#13]
This is easily the best thread I've ever seen in this forum.

I wish I'd gotten into powerlifting when I was young.
Link Posted: 8/30/2007 3:44:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

THANKS!!! and me too!  - at 40 I'm a bit of a late starter.  We do have an 80 year old retired MD who trains there - mostly kettlebell, sled and band work.  He had a debilitating stroke and contacted WSB for rehab, and has regained full use of his affected side.
Link Posted: 8/30/2007 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'll agree to both. Thanks to GR8TWYT for starting this thread.

The first place I heard about Westside is from this site, www.elitefts.com.

The Q&A section and training logs are a great source of info.
Link Posted: 8/31/2007 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Good site nichon.  I see they sell some of Louies patented equipment (which I was using this A.M.)

Here was today's lower DE wotkout:  I weighed in at 208

Started with a warmup on the plyo-swing

7 sets of box squats (light) 2 reps, concentrating on explosive speed, form, and minimizing rest

5 sets plyo-swing jump squats, 2 reps explosive

3 laps to the fire hydrant in the parking lot with the sled (160 lbs) attached to our waists with weight belt

leg curls on the reverse hyper, 150 lbs, 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Survived another workout!

On a side note - talked to Matt about some of the sports teams Louie consults for - to mention a few; Florida Gators (OSU said they don't need his free advice ) I beg to differ, Pitt, GB Packers (more NFL teams but I can't remember and don't want to make something up just to make it sound good)  He also consults for BEAT gyms which I guess are opening up across the Midwest.  He consults for free - he makes his money on the sale of the reverse - hyper, plyo-swings, and glute-ham machines he sells the clients so they can apply WSB principles to their athletes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2007 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Man I wish there was something like that around here.
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#18]
9/3 Upper DE workout:

Light barbell band presses - 8 sets X 3 reps, throwing the weight - with 40 second rest between sets

then we went straight into a 3 set triple superset consisting of:

20 rep barbell presses with 2 kettlebells hanging from each side with a bent bar and extremely wide grip -

row machine with plates and bands added each time for 15 reps

dumbell lateral raises for 12 reps.

Capped it off with single arm tricep extensions in the parking lot all the way around the buidling with the sled (the pitbull wasn't out today).

I weighed in at 210 on an empty stomach

Link Posted: 9/4/2007 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#19]
9/04 Lower M.E.

My squatting technique is improving, but I'm at the bottom of the food chain in my group on squat day  The technique is COMPLETELY different from what I grew up doing, and I can sincerely say that just about every single person I know outside of WSB is doing it wrong.  That's why we don't squat 800 + lbs, and injure our backs, knees, etc.

Today started with a plyo swing warmup straight into M.E. barbell squats with green bands.

I maxed out at 250 on the bar plus bands (which are an add'l 160 lbs of resistance).

Eric - who just recently has gotten the technique down went from a 300 lb squat to 405 + bands today in a months time.  He said as soon as you "get it" the big gains start coming fast.  Can't wait till I "get it"

Then we did glute/ham raises superset with reverse hypers and ab pulldowns.

Survived another one!
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#20]
There's some really interesting articles and pics on the WSB website.  Thanks for the writeups.  Keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 9/5/2007 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Todays M.E. upper workout:

quick tri & lat warmup and straight into barbell floor presses with 3 chains per side.  Not the log chains either, the links on these are about 3 times the size of log chain.  I maxed out at 250 + chains.

then quadruple superset of:

1) heavy rows

2) the Satanic back rack machine (I have never seen it anywhere else) - you basically stand in it with your chest on a pad, release the weight, which makes vertical bars press against the back of your triceps and you pull your elbows back, squeezing your shoulder blades together.

3) seated one arm rows with plates AND bands

4) 45 lb dumbell presses, alternating your grip every 3 reps for 30 reps.

this was done 3 times with no rest and was INTENSE.

I weighed in at 211  - M.E. lower on Friday

Link Posted: 9/7/2007 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#22]
808 (how many times the thread has been read to this point) keeping track to see if I'm writing to myself or if you guys are still with me,

Todays DE lower workout was a BITCH!

4 laps to the fire hydrant with the sled & 90 lbs.

3 miserable times through a monster superset consisting of:

Heavy one legged Plyo Swing Presses = 8-10 reps

reverse hypers = 10 reps

Glute/Ham machine = 10 reps

Belt Squat machine = 12 reps

Abs with the Green band

I know it doesn't look like much on paper - guess you had to be there because we were gassed.  I also deadlifted a bar they had set up already with 100 lb. plates on each end just to see how explosive I could be with 245.  Rumor has it we're doing a meet style max workout next week to see where everyone's at.  

weighed in at 212
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Shark, I'm a late comer to this thread, and haven't been around AR in a while because I run a BB'ing/ PL'ing/s'man site elsewhere.

That said, much respect and good on you for working with Westside!!! GREAT organization, and very much on the cutting edge of training. I'm a huge proponent of what they do, and use many of their methodologies myself.

I've enjoyed reading your thread, and I'll look forward to reading more.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I can sincerely say that just about every single person I know outside of WSB is doing it wrong.

I know exactly what you mean.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for chiming in guys!  Glad there's interest.  Good workout today - SUnday 09/09

Matt went easy on Eric and I because he's going to max us meet style on Wednesday.  We did Upper Speed work - but Eric and I only did 5 sets instead of the 10 that Ammar, Jeff, and Arfan had to do.  (Some of you may remember my thread on Arfan last winter) A would be robber put a .44 mag to his head while he was changing a tire for a woman at his tire shop - Arfan took it from him, shot him in the chest and killed him.  It was a good shoot, ruled self defense.

Back on topic.  Today I took my 12 year old - Tyler with me, to get a taste of the iron game, hoping he'd be inspired.  Boy was I ever right.  See, I adopted Tyler from Russia when he was an infant, and he's a BIG boy with a powerful frame.  Matt (my trainer) got one look at him, assumed he was 15, and put him in a group of High School kids he was training to see what he could do.  Next thing I know, Matt's running up to me, excited, telling me Ty is this first kid he's EVER seen go to the reverse-hyper and rep with 3 quarters his first time!  He said the other kids couldn't even do the pendulum without weights their first time!  Then I told him Ty was Russian & was only 12.  Matt said he wan't him in there every Sunday and is training him for FREE  He and I agreed that Tyler may have just answered his calling.  Matt estimates if Ty stays with WSB he'll graduate HS at around 260!!!  Ty was thrilled to see everyone's enthusiasm for his potential and is counting down the days till Sunday!

BTW - I weighed in at 213 and everyone accused me of being on 'roids!  They were joking of course.  I attribute my fast gains to the high level of intensity I've been training at, sticking to the principles and not supplementing or deviating from Matt's instructions, and consuming Muscle Milk brand protein before & after my workout, as well as before bedtime when my body repairs itself.  

I'll be sure to post on max day, I'm sure squat will be my weak number - hoping for better numbers in Bench & DL.

ETA - 848
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#26]
In reference to this ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=113&t=615997 thread, what kind of hand position(s) do you guys use on benching?  Please elaborate on anything out of the ordinary with regards to dumbell/barbell/incline and of course, the generic flat barbell bench.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Lying on a flat bench below an olympic bar, I'll put my hands between the first two rings on each side, which puts me slightly wider than shoulder-width.

I place the bar just inside my palms, thumbs behind the bar, and press the pads of my fingers against the bar.

Note this guy's grip, but not his back...:

When I lower the weight, my elbows are neither pinned to my side, nor are they pushed out to meet the bar.  They're maybe 1 foot from my sides.  Again, not unlike the image.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
In reference to this ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=113&t=615997 thread, what kind of hand position(s) do you guys use on benching?  Please elaborate on anything out of the ordinary with regards to dumbell/barbell/incline and of course, the generic flat barbell bench.

This is a good question - and the answer is our grip is constantly changed throughout the course of the workout to target all aspects of the chest and tricep muscles.  For example, last week I was given 60 lb. dumbells on a flat bench & told to do 30 reps - changing my grip every 3 reps; i.e. regular grip/hammer grip/reverse grip.  Our barbell pressing is also done with grips varying from narrow to extremely wide from one set to the next.  The football bar has 3 different grip poistions and we'll use all three during the course of a workout.  With that being said, I think I know what you're really after, and that's what grip do we use to max out, or what's our grip for optimum power?

My grip is slightly wider than shoulder width apart.  With wrists locked straight, SQUEEZE the bar like you're trying to bend it, locking your lats in place, squeezing your shoulder blads together, back arched, chest out, hips down, feet firmly planted on the floor.  Take in big air and hold it throughout the rep, exhaling at it's completion.  Elbows should stay IN towards your sides - if they flare you are losing your form and your shoulders will bear the brunt of the weight and you'll probably miss the lift (if you're maxing out).

Now, he's the other side of that coin.  During competition, when lifting shirts are used, the above techniques are employed BUT, grip is maaximum width, and arch is exaggerated so much that it almost appears that some guys are taking their chest to the bar, rather than bar to their chests.

That probably helped you none - but for your training purposes, listen to whaat your shoulders are saying - if you have more shoulder pain than chest pain narrow your grip and always remember to set up properly and keep your elbows in!

Good luck - Shark

ETA: Note my grip & setup in the ic on page 3 - I can send you a few more pics if it will help.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Shark,

That is really sweet about your son. You just changed that boy's future, again.

I remember my first introduction to weights. We visited some family friends who had moved away. They had 2 boys who were several years older than I was, and "gasp!" they had muscles! Just like people in movies! They had gotten into weight lifting after they moved and I figured if they could do it, so could I. That was about 17 years ago, I was about 13 at the time.

I have a son adopted from Korea. He is only 1 1/2, so it will be awhile before I introduce him to weights. Koreans aren't known for their big frames though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Shark,

That is really sweet about your son. You just changed that boy's future, again.

I remember my first introduction to weights. We visited some family friends who had moved away. They had 2 boys who were several years older than I was, and "gasp!" they had muscles! Just like people in movies! They had gotten into weight lifting after they moved and I figured if they could do it, so could I. That was about 17 years ago, I was about 13 at the time.

I have a son adopted from Korea. He is only 1 1/2, so it will be awhile before I introduce him to weights. Koreans aren't known for their big frames though.

Where he once had a dsimal future and limited potential - you have offered him unlimited opportunities!! Here's a couple atheletes of Korean heritage that you know ;

Click and read:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hines_Ward

I copy & pasted this one for ya:

PERTH, Australia -- Korean PGA TOUR member K.J. Choi won the 2002 Johnnie Walker Asian Golfer of the Year award. He received the award at a dinner Saturday night for the Johnnie Walker Classic in Australia.

The former Asian PGA star became the first Korean and fourth Asian to win on the PGA TOUR last year when he claimed the Compaq Classic of New Orleans. He went on to win the Tampa Bay Classic.

Choi was unable to attend the dinner as he was competing in the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines.

In the first of Choi's 2002 triumphs he recorded a four-stroke victory at the English Turn Golf and Country Club in May to join Taiwan's TC Chen and Japan's Shigeki Maruyama and Isao Aoki as the only other Asian golfer to win on the PGA TOUR.

Choi bagged his second title after a commanding seven-stroke victory in the Tampa Bay Classic in September. The Korean ended the year in 17th place on the PGA TOUR money list with a haul of $2.2 million. His brilliant rise to the top has assured him starts in all four majors this year, including his first appearance in The Masters.

Choi also teamed up with compatriot Hur Suk-ho at the end of last year to take third place in the World Cup in Mexico.

Choi, who trained as a powerlifter in his teens, won the Korean Open twice in 1996 and 1999 and also played on the Japan Golf Tour Organization in 1999 and won two titles there. In 1999, he successfully navigated the PGA TOUR qualifying school.

Link Posted: 9/11/2007 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the info Shark. I knew about Hines Ward, but K.J. Choi is new to me. I don't pay much attention to golf.

I don't doubt Matthew (my son) will be able to do anything he sets his mind too. That kid is active, very determined and spankings don't phase him. He is already a handful for his mother and I.
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#32]
930 READS TO DATE

Well, today was MAX day, and we did it meet style.  Let me start off by saying 2 things;

1) Had I not previously posted about max day, I would have let it pass without posting my sorry ass totals.

2) I could sit here and makes excuses all day long about how I was up all night at the firehouse, went in on an empty stomach, shoulders hurt, etc. - but the bottom line is I just wasn't moving the weight this morning.  The plus side to this is the next time we max I should easily break all 3 personal records.

Squat - 325

Bench - 315

Deadlift - 405

I barely missed 340 on the bench twice (they anticipated I would bench between 360-375) and I didn't go back down to try & best the 315, as I felt if we were in an actual meet, I wouldn't be allowed to go back down.

I never missed on deadlift, we were running late and after I pulled the 8 plates, I dropped it and walked out (had to get to work) but I wouldn't have gotten much more.

One thing that surprised me was how taxed we all were doing all three lifts within an hour and a half.  I'm so dissapointed in my bench I could scream (and did after I missed 340 the second time)

Oh well, I'd love to be posting bigger numbers, but I'm not going to lie about it.  I guess at the end of the day it's not bad for a 40 year old dude - but I can and WILL do better.  Stay with me fellas!
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Nicely done. How much do you weigh? (if you don't mind me asking).
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Nicely done. How much do you weigh? (if you don't mind me asking).

weighed in @ 211 this A.M.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Shark,

Sorry to hear about the disappointing lifts. At least you will get most improved next time!

FYI - About lifting on an empty stomach, I learned in college how deterimental it is to skip breakfast. I could tell in our afternoon lifting sessions if I had missed breakfast that morning. I would eat a good lunch, but I would feel crapppy and weak and think back, "oh ya, I skipped breakfast this morning." If I hadn't have been so lazy I would have benched 400 my junior year. Bleh.
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Tyler and I showed up promptly at 1:00 PM He pulled the sled with a belt, I pulled upper body - 1 arm rows, etc.

Speed bench with bands for 9 sets

superset:  Barbell bench with kettlebells suspended with bands & 25 lb plates
              16K kettlebell tricep extensions
              30 lb hammer curls
              hammer strength rows with bands

finished with rear delt burnout sets

Weighed in @ 213 and still sore from max day.

ETA: read 999
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#37]
read 1018

09/18 Max effort lower

Started with Zercher bar deadlifts - I pulled the ripcord after 365 (If you remember from before - the Zercher is a metal contraption that goes over you shoulders, with hooks coming out at about waist level.  You get a wide stance, lower your hips and hook the deadlift bar and stand up with the weight.

Then hit the parking lot for HEAVY sleds attached to weight belt so we were pulling them.  my sled was 215 lbs - 4 trips to the fire hydrant.

Superset reverse hypers with some insane hamstring curl contraption they made.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2007 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#38]
read 1050

D.E. Lower today - started dragging sled w/180 lbs to hydrant & back (4 laps)

Then to green band squats / plyo swing / reverse hyper superset (lower back felt REALLY tight on reverse hypers). X 3 sets

Then continued with green band squats, to hyper leg curls, to light Zercher lift (135) for 8 reps.  After Zercher lifts, I couldn't stand up straight & Melissa (Trainers GF) tried to stretch my lower back which was starting to spasm.

Went back for green band squats, sat down with it and couldn't get back up.  They took the weight and I still couldn't walk from spasms/sciatica through lower back & hips.  Took 20 minutes of being stretched by a 300 pound shaved gorilla, and upside down in the inversion rack.

FAIL
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Dang shark......I didn't know you were such a pussy.  Those are weak ass max lifts.

Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Dang shark......I didn't know you were such a pussy.  Those are weak ass max lifts.

I was wondering how long it woukld take you to show up Scott.......
fucker!
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering how long it woukld take you to show up Scott.......

fucker!

Evidently not only would I kick yer sorry ass all over a gridiron.......I would ALSO kick yer sorry ass all over that gym.  Guess I should come visit and show you how REAL men move around heavy weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't need no trouble - I'm delicate like a flower
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Shark,

so how is it going? Are you rehabing/changing programs/still alive?
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Shark,

so how is it going? Are you rehabing/changing programs/still alive?

Thought you bailed on me - update in a sec - good stuff coming soon!
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Sundays speed upper workout was moved to Monday due to my raging seasonal allergies

I trained alone ( but Matt, my trainer, jumped in on accesory training with me).

Arrived early and said hi to Louie Simmons - WSB founder/owner and some of the Elite lifters (pros) who were finishing up.  

Then out to the parking lot with the sled for back/tricep warmup.

Speed bench press with mini bands & 135 for 7 sets of 3 reps - EXPLOSIVE!!!

tricep "skullcrushers" with bar & mini bands X 5 sets tri insertions still sore!

superset of pec-deck fly's and seated row machine with weight and bands for 5 sets 12 reps each and changing grip position each set, no rest between sets - again, let me just say

finished up with 20lb dumbell hammer curls for 3 sets of 15 reps forcing blood to my arms - making it hard to drive out of there!

STAY TUNED - SUPERSECRET TRAINING OPPORTUNITY FOR INTERESTED ARFCOMMER'S COMING SOON!

eta - READ 1160
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#46]
I was curious, has your son been back to Westside and how did it go? I just recently tried reverse hypers, laying on an incline bench with a plate chained to my feet.  Very humbleing to say the least.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I was curious, has your son been back to Westside and how did it go? I just recently tried reverse hypers, laying on an incline bench with a plate chained to my feet.  Very humbleing to say the least.

Oh, I so feel your pain brother! Ty pulled a 300 lb deadlift last weekend.  It was a good session for him, because he initially snatched 275 easily, but when we stripped off the quarters and went up to plates he got intimidated and missed it.  We talked to him about "not feeling" the weight and exploding with it, and "grinding" when he started to stall/strain.  He steped up and pulled it.  We stopped him there though - cause that's pretty heavy for a 12 year old.  It's been great for his confidence - he's a captain on the football team now, a little cheerleader has the hot's for him, AND he's blasting into the backfield on every play from nosetackle. Thanks for asking BTW, and stay tuned for some exclusive WSB tips from my trainer Matt Wenning

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#49]
GR8WYT, you're a fucking animal.  Sounds like you're getting your ass kicked (in a good way).  That's great stuff.  

If I can ever get out of physical therapy I gotta get back in the damned gym (for something other than PT that is).  Stuff gets heavy when you don't lift, I've found.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
GR8WYT, you're a fucking animal.  Sounds like you're getting your ass kicked (in a good way).  That's great stuff.  

If I can ever get out of physical therapy I gotta get back in the damned gym (for something other than PT that is).  Stuff gets heavy when you don't lift, I've found.

You should see some of the monsters at WSB!  I'm always joking that we're the powder puff group up there!  Stick with us Tx, I started there specifically because of back/shoulder/elbow injuries - and they have a unique but effective way of rehabbing you.  Generally speaking, they train accessory muscles to balance your body out.  Attack your weaknesses to make you stronger/less prone to injury.  I'll post tonight on what will be a series of WSB articles to give you a better idea.  
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top