User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The young lady's parents need to involve the local prosecutor and forcefully insist charges be filed.  

DO NOT roll over for a school administrator who would prefer to sweep this under the rug.

"telling my sister that she needed to understand that the boy wasn't as mature as everyone else"  
There is something VERY troubling about that statement.  Is her attacker in some sort of special ed?

And don't forget that the quickest way to get the school's, the police's and everyone else's attention is to get the media involved.  Just like we are all eager to hear the outcome of the situation, the media will have the whole community rallying to make sure the kid gets what he deserves!!  This kind of shit really makes my blood boil to know that the people who should be proetecting the little girl are to busy (or lazy) to be bothered until it's too late!!  

We don't want the media involved; as long as the school and the police are taking things seriously, which they are now, we don't want to get them involved.  This is mainly because my sister doesn't want her face plastered on every news program around, and she has specifically asked us not to, as long as progress is being made.

Yesterday was a very hard day for the $%#^% prick, apparently.  He was hassled so much in school that his parents had to pick him up before lunch.  My sister came home laughing about it.  I have to say that I have a lot of respect for her.  She is a no BS girl who has held her dignity and self respect and has held her head high in school; even though she is new there, her classmates have all noticed this and even more people she didn't know have come up to her in the halls and told her that they respect her and are looking out for her.  She is coming through this with an amazing grace, and I am extremely proud of her

Also, it has come out that her boyfriend, who lives about an hour away from her, paid this boy a visit two nights ago.  No idea what he did or said, he won't tell my sister, but the boy left an extremely apologetic note in her locker yesterday.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
[tcsd1236] That boy should be arrested.  Vigilante justice is not the answer.[/tcsd1236]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yesterday was a very hard day for the $%#^% prick, apparently.  He was hassled so much in school that his parents had to pick him up before lunch.  My sister came home laughing about it.  I have to say that I have a lot of respect for her.  She is a no BS girl who has held her dignity and self respect and has held her head high in school; even though she is new there, her classmates have all noticed this and even more people she didn't know have come up to her in the halls and told her that they respect her and are looking out for her.  She is coming through this with an amazing grace, and I am extremely proud of her

Also, it has come out that her boyfriend, who lives about an hour away from her, paid this boy a visit two nights ago.  No idea what he did or said, he won't tell my sister, but the boy left an extremely apologetic note in her locker yesterday.  

That is awesome.  I hope she's feeling a lot safer now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
tcsd1236 is right the justice system should hadle it.  Billy (inmate #23473) will handle the nocking out of the teeth for a gum-job.  And Johny (inmate# 37124) will handle the tough job of breaking him in for the rest of his future boy friends.

No. That isn't allowed to happen, either.

wow, so that busted jaw my brother recieved while in jail wasn't suppose to happen?! I'll let him know that, maybe he can file a claim against the state or something.

And the man my uncle heard getting murdered while the guards watched wasn't supposed to happen either...  It shouldn't happen, true.  Too many people are in jail for marijuana or other victimless crimes.

If you are in jail for marijuana, you had  a LOT of marijuana.Should I have any sympthy for you because you had dealer-quantities?
I don't know any facility that would just stand by and allow an assault to occur in the modern era. Maybe 40-50 years ago. There is too much liability to simply allow it to happen.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You're confusing justice and legality.
Police are usually easy to see coming:  marked cars, uniforms, etc.  The mob is everywhere and could come from anywhere and keeps thugs on their toes.  They tried the legal system and it didn't work at least not at first.  I suspect the ass-kicking will leave more of an impression than the visit from the police to him and his parents.  As gun owners and concealed license holders we surely have figured out on some level that the police aren't everywhere and that we may need to handle things ourselves on occasion.

A mob could just as easily go after an innocent person. Remember the term lynch mob? Yeah, mobs always get it right. Uh huh.....I'll take the court room any day of the week to settle a dispute rationally.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A mob could just as easily go after an innocent person. Remember the term lynch mob? Yeah, mobs always get it right. Uh huh.....I'll take the court room any day of the week to settle a dispute rationally.

So can the legal system - no system is perfect, but mob justice has a better punishment system that leaves a more memorable impression.  If you read her first post carefully you will see that the legal system had begun to fail (still might have) and instead of balling up in a corner in the fetal position hoping something will happen people took action.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like to make a suggestion for your little sister. The Lord willing, this will never happen again, but if it does and she manages to get another groin shot in, tell her not to stop. Tell her to keep going until the sick bastard is passed out and bleeding then to keep pounding for another 5 minutes or until she feels the threat has been nuetralized. It's not mob justice, no mace, just pure self defense. If that doesn't work get em when he's not looking.

My .02 worth.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top