Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Bernie Mac the comedian likes handguns.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]

we're starting to get off topic here from "gun owning celebs" to "celebs who have talked about or were seen once with a gun."

there is a big difference.

*if* madonna has some high-end shotguns, i sincerely doubt she cares about the RKBA, and even less about our "assault weapons".

ice t had some stuff back in the day, but not because he cared about the 2nd. it was more because he was a gangster.

whoopi goldberg has a shotgun for home defense, but has *explicitly* stated on several occasions that she doesn't believe anyone has a right to own "assault weapons".

steven spielberg would happily vote for the banning of ALL guns, provided he could keep his.

ETA: hell, even the likes of feinstein and brady have theirs, and we all know how they feel about guns...

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Gauge

I think my heart just stopped!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Paul Sorvino.

ARH

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The best thing Kurt Cobain ever relased was the safety.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I read the Overstock.com babe is a shooter. And a pilot!

ETA: some of the female Nashville singers were into sporting clays- Judds, I think, may be wrong. May have been a fad.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#7]
James Brown USED to be a member of the of the gun owning public, but he lost that right after shooting at a couple of deputies and doing a stint at club fed....
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Angie Harmon of Law and Order fame.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy crap!  Gauge shoots!    WOOT!!!

Mark.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
But only the rare example of celebrities like Ted Nugent own things like HK MP5s.

Ted writes in his book God, Guns & Rock 'N' Roll (2000) that "I've never owned a machine gun, dammit. I've been offered many and admittedly drooled furiously over each and every one of them. But because of certain laws, rules and regulations, I've never gone through the bureaucratic gauntlet necessary to obtain the Class 3 license [sic]."  Anybody know for sure if this is still the case?

<Sir Mix-A-Lot> had a rather large and organized collection in his gun safes. HK91s, AR15s and AUGs were the norm.

And his gun-related lyrics reflected this. A couple of my faves:

"Some of tha jealous wanna roll on the boss / but this HK's keepin' 'em tossed / cuz I dump dem deuce-deuce-treys at point-blank range / attitudes get changed"  ("I Checks My Bank", 1994)

"now punks wanna come up pokin' / wit a nine-double-m is you jokin? / I'm packin' a HK-91, son / .308s is what I run" ("Seattle Ain't Bullsh---in'", 1992)

He also differed from most rappers in that he never rapped about using guns for crime

"The Jack Back" (Mack Daddy 1992) talks about Mix and his crew tracking down and ambushing a group of skinheads in retaliation for a robbery.  Not crime?

Some of his early lyrics promoted themes such as "If you try and take guns from criminals, eventually only criminals will have them."

The entire song "No Holds Barred" (Mack Daddy 1992) is an anthem advocating self-defense and an armed citizenry in general. As rap songs go, it's pretty cool.

As an aside, Sir Mix has recently been a commentator on VH-1's "I love the 90s" and evidently released a new album a few years ago (his first since 1997), although he certainly hasn't regained the public notoriety that he enjoyed during his heyday.

www.dailylobo.com/media/storage/paper344/news/2003/09/16/Culture/MixALot.Sound.Evolves-466678.shtml?norewrite200612291551&sourcedomain=www.dailylobo.com

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

we're starting to get off topic here from "gun owning celebs" to "celebs who have talked about or were seen once with a gun."

*if* madonna has some high-end shotguns, i sincerely doubt she cares about the RKBA, and even less about our "assault weapons".

ice t had some stuff back in the day, but not because he cared about the 2nd. it was more because he was a gangster.

whoopi goldberg has a shotgun for home defense, but has *explicitly* stated on several occasions that she doesn't believe anyone has a right to own "assault weapons".

steven spielberg would happily vote for the banning of ALL guns, provided he could keep his.

ETA: hell, even the likes of feinstein and brady have theirs, and we all know how they feel about guns...

Good point. Let's not forget Carl Rowan, "crusading liberal journalist."..........

Rowan gained public notoriety on June 14, 1988, when he shot a teenage tresspasser, Neil Smith, who was taking a dip in Rowan's swimming pool in Washington, D.C.. Rowan used an unregistered .22 LR pistol. Critics charged hypocrisy, since Rowan was a strict gun control advocate. In a 1981 column, he advocated " a law that says anyone found in possession of a handgun except a legitimate officer of the law goes to jail -- period." In 1985, he called for "A complete and universal federal ban on the sale, manufacture, importation and possession of handguns (except for authorized police and military personnel)." [2] [3]

Immediately after the shooting, Rowan offered several conflicting accounts about where he got the handgun. He first said that he had purchased the gun himself in response to threats on his life (which he later claimed had been made by the Ku Klux Klan). He also initially claimed that the gun had been properly registered. However, when District of Columbia police disclosed that the gun had not been registered, Rowan changed his story, claiming that the gun belonged to his son, who "was an FBI agent and did not have to register it [because it was] properly registered federally." Police officials pointed out that under D.C. law, all guns must be registered locally; failure to do so was punishable by up to a year in prison and a $1,000 fine.

Rowan was tried but the jury was deadlocked, the judge declared a mistrial and he was never retried. In his autobiography, Rowan said he still favors gun control, but admits being vulnerable to a charge of hypocrisy [4].

Rowan died in Washington, D.C. His alma mater Oberlin College holds his papers.

ETA:

Quoted:

Quoted:
... some of the female Nashville singers were into sporting clays- Judds, I think, may be wrong. May have been a fad.

The Mandrell's were and AFAIK still are.  (IIRC, Barbara's former home [sold last year, I believe] included a very nice indoor firing range.)

Bingo. Thanks for the assist. I saw a TV program where they were in a charity shoot. Been somne time ago. Gerald McRaney (sp?) was on it too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I heard that Steven Tyler owns one of the few transferable M249 SAW's in circulation, anyone know if this is true or not?

Steve
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Who's Gauge?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Who's Gauge?

Look her up in Wikipedia under "Other" for the Gauge entires.  She has a project she's working on of women who like to shoot and are in the same profession she is.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

......even Madonna has some expsnesive Purdy shotguns.

Yeah.......I think I saw her at the range last weekend...........

While hardly "pro gun", and offered in my post as an example of a "typical gun owning celebrity", she did get into trap shooting a couple years back.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]
And how could I forget...Bruce Lee.

I've got pictures of him buying guns in Italy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Don't forget about "The Velvet Fog". Mel was into Colt SAA.

So was Buddy Hackett
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

And for the record, Madonna was offered up as an example of a celebrity who simply owns guns. Perhaps being listed after guys like Charlton Heston and John Milius created some confusion.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Andrea Parker's a gun nut last I heard. She's also damn good at racing too. Now there's a woman with some proper hobbies.

I've also seen it mentioned a few times that Gary Sinise is a gun owner. Can't confirm that, but given he supports the same causes as the guys around here, it makes sense to me.

EDIT: Correction. Jessica Simpson removed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ripped from the firingline thread of the same subject

Jeri Ryan (6 7 of 9) owns an AR-15 and an uspecified .45 handgun for self-defense. She's a military brat who learned to shoot at the base range.

Fixed it.
Yes I'm a geek.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I've always liked Mix-A-Lot, and did indeed know about his fondness for weapons.
Hopefully he invested his earnings well when he had the chance..
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Mix-a-lot is one of the few rappers I enjoy

:)

+1 about the only one. He is a car nut too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Ted writes in his book God, Guns & Rock 'N' Roll (2000) that "I've never owned a machine gun, dammit. I've been offered many and admittedly drooled furiously over each and every one of them. But because of certain laws, rules and regulations, I've never gone through the bureaucratic gauntlet necessary to obtain the Class 3 license [sic]."  Anybody know for sure if this is still the case?

I've seen pics of Ted with a MP5. While it doesn't "prove anything" it looks like a picture of him on his property without anyone else around but the cameraman. It would certainly seem to be a privately owned item and wasn't taken at a shoot or anything like that.

Quoted:

<Sir Mix-A-Lot> had a rather large and organized collection in his gun safes. HK91s, AR15s and AUGs were the norm.

And his gun-related lyrics reflected this. A couple of my faves:

"Some of tha jealous wanna roll on the boss / but this HK's keepin' 'em tossed / cuz I dump dem deuce-deuce-treys at point-blank range / attitudes get changed"  ("I Checks My Bank", 1994)

"now punks wanna come up pokin' / wit a nine-double-m is you jokin? / I'm packin' a HK-91, son / .308s is what I run" ("Seattle Ain't Bullsh---in'", 1992)

Quoted:

He also differed from most rappers in that he never rapped about using guns for crime

"The Jack Back" (Mack Daddy 1992) talks about Mix and his crew tracking down and ambushing a group of skinheads in retaliation for a robbery.  Not crime?

Sure vigilantism is not legal. But he isn't talking about shooting cops, robbing banks and the typical gangster rap themes. Even in the above example he is addressing those who have wronged him. Many would call that self defense. Not much different from Bronson in "Death Wish."

Quoted:

Some of his early lyrics promoted themes such as "If you try and take guns from criminals, eventually only criminals will have them."

The entire song "No Holds Barred" (Mack Daddy 1992) is an anthem advocating self-defense and an armed citizenry in general. As rap songs go, it's pretty cool.

As an aside, Sir Mix has recently been a commentator on VH-1's "I love the 90s" and evidently released a new album a few years ago (his first since 1997), although he certainly hasn't regained the public notoriety that he enjoyed during his heyday.

www.dailylobo.com/media/storage/paper344/news/2003/09/16/Culture/MixALot.Sound.Evolves-466678.shtml?norewrite200612291551&sourcedomain=www.dailylobo.com

Good to know. I haven't kept up. Rap in general took a talent downturn in the 1990s and I mostly tuned out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Andrea Parker's a gun nut last I heard. She's also damn good at racing too. Now there's a woman with some proper hobbies.

I know someone posted a picture on here of Jessica Simpson at the range with her AR-15 a month or so ago...

I've also seen it mentioned a few times that Gary Sinise is a gun owner. Can't confirm that, but given he supports the same causes as the guys around here, it makes sense to me.

The blonde dumbass was shooting Air Force M4's and GUU carbines at an AF range some place on a USO visit. That wasn't her weapon.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
James Brown USED to be a member of the of the gun owning public, but he lost that right after shooting at a couple of deputies and doing a stint at club fed....

They pardoned him, then he wanted to do some domestic battery later to get busted again
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mix-a-lot is one of the few rappers I enjoy

+1 about the only one. He is a car nut too.

No kidding.

I don't know what was more impressive in his garage....the 100s of thousands of rounds of ammo piled on the wall or the freaking cars.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Kurt Cobain liked his 12 20 guage..

fixed for you
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#29]
She is also a scientologist IIRC.  

Quoted:

Quoted:
The redhead from That 70's show, Laura Prepon is a shooter.

Found a link to gun loving actresses, including Laura Prepon-

Heres' the quote about her from the site at the bottom-

Stuff US Edition, Issue 9, August 2000, Page 30:

Lately, she’s been spending her free time playing with her newest toy: a Mini-14 semiautomatic rifle. “I love the energy you feel when you shoot,” she says. “Some people get a little freaked out by it, but I am so into guns.”

Maxim US Edition, Issue 37, January 2001, page 81:

[Laura’s secret hobby is] going to the firing range. “It’s fun,” she says, “and I think it’s a good thing to know. But I’m not supposed to talk about guns, because it freaks some people out.”

www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~aaron2/firearms/actresses.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#30]
A while back there was an article about the actors and actress from the short lived series "Soldier of Fortune" who had pretty much all gotten into firearms via the classes/training they took for the series.  Mindy Clarke (now on OC, IIRC) was the actress and the article stated that she bought one of the ARs that were auctioned after the Bank of America shootout, along with some other folks from that show they purchased most of them.  Brad Johnson who was the male lead for the show is also a gunowner if the article was correct.

I was hassled by one of Steven Tyler's bodyguards at the Hk booth at the SHOT show in 1999, he was coming by to get a private showing of the "good stuff" in the booth while I was taking pics of some of the prototypes that were on display (P7M7 was one I remember).
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Shaq.

May be one of the obvious ones, though.

Isn't he a sherriff now?

Does he sign for NFA weapons?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Mix-a-lot is one of the few rappers I enjoy respect.

I can't say I really enjoyed the music much, but I have always like the personality....I guess now I know why.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have a listen... No Holds Barred

Always liked cranking that one.
Testarossa is a good one also..

Now I gotta go dig up my Mix-a-lot stuff..
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have a listen... No Holds Barred

That's an awesome song!

'9-1-1 only works for the rich ones, so I collect guns!'

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Aerosmith played here earlier this month.  Steven Tyler and Joe Perry went to a local indoor gun range the day after the concert and rented a bunch of full auto stuff.  I hear about that every time they come to town.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Sammy Davis, Jr.

Very pro-gun and one of the fastest quick-draw single-action guys at the time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Hulk Hogan is a shooter.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#40]
If I remember correctly, Kurt Russell is a gun owner.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
James Earl Jones.

Does the voice of Darth Vader really need a gun?

A simple "I find your lack of faith distressing disturbing " should solve most problems.

fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Sammy Davis, Jr.

So was Don Knotts

Seriously
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#43]
And Randy Travis, too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So was Don Knotts

Seriously

I bet he had just one round he kept in his pocket though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Isn't he a sherriff now?

Does he sign for NFA weapons?

Just a deputy, not the actual sheriff.
A special deputy, too; not full time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd like to take a peek into Dick Cheney's gun collection.

I'm fairly certain he posts here. Seriously!

HS1
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Eva Longoria I think I read that she grew up shooting guns and still enjoys it.

Mekhi Phifer I saw him on the Carson Daily show and he said he shoots handguns a lot, he keeps them for self defense, and he takes his dates shooting.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Travis Tritt - a country music singer - just had a S&W pistol featured in a recient Shooting USA.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Sammy Davis, Jr.

Also an amazing gun twirler.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#50]
As mentioned before, 99% of the "celebrities" you mention here think it's OK for THEM  to own firearms, but not US common folk.

I also wonder how many other celebrities  (mentioned and not mentioned here) REALLY believe in the 2nd amendment, RKBA, ..... , but come out against it in public to protect/futher their careers????

What should we think of these kind of people?????
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top