Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amen.

Sucked long and sucked hard.

Totally hyped to hell and back on here and nothing but a shitty western in space.

Oh and Boondock Saints wasn't all that great either.

So there!

Considering that you have panned two commercially successful films that many here on Arfcom enjoyed, what, pray tell, movies to you find worthy of your time.

Same question for the OP.

The Omega Man, Blade Runner, Alien, etc....

You know, REAL quality movies.

The most recent sci-fi movie I've watched was Pandorum.....even it was better than Serenity.

Blade Runner is a perfect Sci Fi movie and Wedon tips his hat to that 'verse in Serenity.  Good luck getting a studio to drop big $$$ on a fully realized sci-fi project these days.  

They'd rather make classics like "Paul Blart, Mall Cop."
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
As I stated in the "Movies" section, Firefly is on sale at Best Buy, the entire series for 13 bucks.    Nice package.

vmax84
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Fail.  Serenity is one of the best scifi movies of all time and Firefly one of the best series ever, of any genre.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Blade Runner is a perfect Sci Fi movie...

Amen.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BAN HIM

It's tempting.
But it COULD be that he's not actually evil or retarded, but just didn't see the Firefly series before watching the movie, in which case it could seem pretty lame and weird.  Alternatively, I have heard of people who just don't like Joss Wheaton's style and quirky humor.  

couldn't stand firefly either, sorry guys.....

I love sci fi, I just couldn't get into this cow shit

BAN HIM TWICE!!!

Agreed..

BANNINATE HIM!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with the OP.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

Which version?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#9]
"Je shr shuh muh lan dong shi!?"

Click To View Spoiler

"Liou coe shway duh biao-tze huh hoe-tze duh bun ur-tzs"
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amen.

Sucked long and sucked hard.

Totally hyped to hell and back on here and nothing but a shitty western in space.

Oh and Boondock Saints wasn't all that great either.

So there!

Considering that you have panned two commercially successful films that many here on Arfcom enjoyed, what, pray tell, movies to you find worthy of your time.

Same question for the OP.

Oh and just for the record, Boondock Saints was a good movie.

Not great, just good.

All the hype here killed it for me though as I don't think anything could have lived up to the movie tats, matching pistols, quoted sigline fanboyism it pulls here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BAN HIM

It's tempting.
But it COULD be that he's not actually evil or retarded, but just didn't see the Firefly series before watching the movie......

Which would make him even MORE retarded.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

Which version?

Since I saw the edit with narration first that one always has a place of honor for me.

But I love the original director's cut too...can't really go wrong either way.

The best ending though is the dead cut at the elevator, no happy drive thru the mountains bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Je shr shuh muh lan dong shi!?"

Click To View Spoiler

"Liou coe shway duh biao-tze huh hoe-tze duh bun ur-tzs"

Click To View Spoiler

Ching-wah tsao duh liou mahng!

Click To View Spoiler

Though the second one you posted was much more creative.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#14]
If I may make an observation, Serenity is like a really good "made for TV" movie.  If you've already bought into the series.. it was a lot of fun.

Also, the "rednecks in space" thing may not appeal to our more prissified city slicker brothers in afrcomdom.  Pretty sure that makes them  alliance loving, unification day celebrating, suit wearing bureaucrats.  

Could be wrong.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I only watched it for Summer Glau. She could terminate me any day.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
People that don't like all Firefly related things abuse children.

Proven scientific fact.

Only when they are not busy eating children. Under bridges. Because they are trolls. Burning flags. Hating God.

Bad.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I like Serenity.

I really hate Firefly.  It's boring as all get out.
But one thing I got to say... Event Horizon is the worst steaming pile of filth to ever be shown anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
.... Event Horizon is the worst steaming pile of filth to ever be shown anywhere.

It's a shame too because it had potential.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Blasphemer. Heretic. Unbeliever!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I may make an observation, Serenity is like a really good "made for TV" movie.  If you've already bought into the series.. it was a lot of fun.

Also, the "rednecks in space" thing may not appeal to our more prissified city slicker brothers in afrcomdom.  Pretty sure that makes them  alliance loving, unification day celebrating, suit wearing bureaucrats.  

Could be wrong.....

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaace Cooooooooooowboy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
All I could stomach was the first 40 minutes of that craptastic fucking lame orgy of retardedness.  Where the fuck did they get these people to act in this movie?  What a bunch of high school drama class reject drop outs, my ass can act better than the cast.  Not only was it impossible to be engaged with a plot with less admirable qualities than a vaginal fart the shit-o-rama special effects were worst that early 90s made for tv sci-fi movies.  Fuck I couldn't even eat popcorn because I was overwhelmed with the urge to vomit out my intestines through my nose to procure a much more pleasant death than enduring this borrow everything from starwars movie.  Seriously could captain fuckstickwhatshisname try any harder to be han solo?  Star wars sucked too but thats another rant....  

Even my wife who has to watch all of a movie was so happy when I took the disc out and threw it across the room.  Fucking puss fucking shit humping crappy sci fi movie.  

flame away

REAVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'll give you an 8 because I thought it was stupid too.

+1

I love all kinds of Sci Fi and thought Serenity wasn't good at all.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
.... Event Horizon is the worst steaming pile of filth to ever be shown anywhere.

It's a shame too because it had potential.

Yes, it did, but rid itself of said potential very quickly.

Sunshine was far better, but the second half or the movie could have been done differently. It would have been one of the best SciFi movies I've ever seen, had it ended differently.

For the record, I thought Firefly was mediocre at best, but really enjoyed Serenity. Go figure. Maybe I'll buy it, if its still on sale for $13, and re-watch it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey Goatboy!  Is the moron filter broken AGAIN?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

All I could stomach was the first 40 minutes of that craptastic fucking lame orgy of retardedness.  Where the fuck did they get these people to act in this movie?  What a bunch of high school drama class reject drop outs, my ass can act better than the cast.  Not only was it impossible to be engaged with a plot with less admirable qualities than a vaginal fart the shit-o-rama special effects were worst that early 90s made for tv sci-fi movies.  Fuck I couldn't even eat popcorn because I was overwhelmed with the urge to vomit out my intestines through my nose to procure a much more pleasant death than enduring this borrow everything from starwars movie.  Seriously could captain fuckstickwhatshisname try any harder to be han solo?  Star wars sucked too but thats another rant....  

Even my boyfriend who has to watch all of a movie was so happy when I took the disc out and threw it across the room.  Fucking puss fucking shit humping crappy sci fi movie.  

flame away

fixt.  Now....

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#27]
My Sigline is for you!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#29]

FTW
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Love Firefly and Serenity.
Heat on the other hand.  

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fail.  Serenity is one of the best scifi movies of all time and Firefly one of the best series ever, of any genre.

THIS

Serenity is a great movie, and the series is the best ever made.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
.... the series is the best ever made.

How old are you?

Not trying to be a dick, just curious.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey Goatboy!  Is the moron filter broken AGAIN?

I have never seen evidence of said filter on this board.

Ever.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#35]
holy shit this is still going?  

you guys have got to rinse out those vaginas

so who here liked Heat?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#37]
the OP is probably a frakken Cylon and needs to be shot with something in the 40 watt range.........
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#38]
You hated Serenity but liked Event Horizon?  I'm not sure how to even evaluate your sci-fi taste.  Your other pics were quite reasonable, but Event Horizon?  Truly one of the absolutely worst sci-fi movies ever!  The producers didn't even know what an "event horizon" was.

Your credibility was already in jeopardy with your initial blasphemy, but Event Horizon?... I'm hoping you started this just to poke a reaction.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Shensheng de gaowan!

Fay hwa!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

... so who here liked Heat?

Meh.

Great guns and one killer shootout scene, to be sure, but the movie as a whole?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Good soundtrack.

Its the first film where I felt that Pachino was starting to play a caricature of himself.  

Ronin was mo betta.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

... so who here liked Heat?

Meh.

Great guns and one killer shootout scene, to be sure, but the movie as a whole?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Good soundtrack.

Its the first film where I felt that Pachino was starting to play a caricature of himself.

Ronin was mo betta.

Agreed, all three points.  Really liked Ronin.

I'll agree as well. If I see Heat on TV I'll stop to watch the shoot-out scene - love the sound on that - but the rest of the movie?  meh.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You hated Serenity but liked Event Horizon?  I'm not sure how to even evaluate your sci-fi taste.  Your other pics were quite reasonable, but Event Horizon?  Truly one of the absolutely worst sci-fi movies ever!  The producers didn't even know what an "event horizon" was.

Your credibility was already in jeopardy with your initial blasphemy, but Event Horizon?... I'm hoping you started this just to poke a reaction.

honestly I can't give any reason as to why I like event horizon, the acting sucks, the way its filmed isn't anything special and its full of fairly cheesy moments, but for some reason I'll watch it if I come across it.  its sort of like a cult movie for me, so I really have no defense for it.  like someone else said it could have been so much better.  

and as for what you guys say about heat, honestly couldn't agree more, shootout scene was great, the rest of the movie was lack luster.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even my wife who has to watch all of a movie was so happy when I took the disc out and threw it across the room.  Fucking puss fucking shit humping crappy sci fi movie.  

flame away

BAN HIM

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't see why your inability to appreciate the clever plot lines and witty dialog combined with epic cinematography constitutes a failure on the part of the movie.  

Not to mention the fact that no plot can fail that has a "Whore School."

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't see why your inability to appreciate the clever plot lines and witty dialog combined with epic cinematography constitutes a failure on the part of the movie.  

Not to mention the fact that no plot can fail that has a "Whore School."

+1
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#48]

flame away [/quote]

BAN HIM
[/quote]

+1
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Is this another thread where it goes in a totally different direction than the OP expected?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#50]
i really really dig Fire Fly, the idea of a sci-fi western just seams perfect to me...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top