Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol, in.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Communist take over.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Next year's headlines include "In unrelated news a number of companies have reported profits this year of $999.99 million dollars."
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Make it $20.

Bonzai bitches!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make it $20.

Bonzai bitches!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Next year's headlines include "In unrelated news a number of companies have reported profits this year of $999.99 million dollars."
View Quote

Use of subcontractors without benefits skyrocket.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
All non-skilled positions outsourced in 3, 2, 1... done.

"Bob's Ready Labor" grosses under $1 Million a year, pay $7/hour, and provides services to "billion-dollar corporations".
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Yep, that was me while reading.

Quite clever. It's like saying "Muslims are right about women."
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"Bob's Ready Labor" grosses under $1 Million a year, pay $7/hour, and provides services to "billion-dollar corporations".
View Quote
Business opportunity.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At the rate you guys wil be going every Mom and Pop store will be billion dollar enteprise
View Quote

^he's right you know
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's fuckin genius really. When you look at the list of companies this encompasses... it's nearly everybody you'd want to punish with such a bill.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#16]
This ship won't sink itself.
The faster it does, the quicker we can start booting the commies out of power.
That's the theory anyway.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Like the cost won't be passed on, Senator Dumbass?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would you like to go into business together?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe they should just pay people not to work?  Oh, Wait!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Posts above have hit the highlights:

- Robots
- Thinning the heard and adding load to other workers
- Inflation
- Outsourcing of work to H1Bs as well as outsourcing to other countries
- Increased use of non-benefit, non-salary contract positions

Did I miss any?

I am a big proponent that people need to discuss and ensure that they are compensated properly for their efforts.  This wont just affect low paid employees.  For example a company which employees a lot of low level labor that cannot be immediately turned into robots or something else, will have gaps to be made.  They will do that be reducing the white collar side of things.  Bringing in H1Bs at lower wages or moving those jobs overseas.  This type of legislation has effects from the bottom through to the middle class.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’m afraid it’s going to be lost on most of the crowd here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's fuckin genius really. When you look at the list of companies this encompasses... it's nearly everybody you'd want to punish with such a bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The second part is infinitely more concerning. It'd be tax payers making up the difference between the current pay and $15/hr for employees who work at businesses making less than $1B.

Eta:  ok, not quite my oversimplified explanation. Straight from the horse's mouth.

The credit is worth 50 percent of the difference between the median wage and the worker’s hourly wage rate. In other words, the credit would boost per hour wages 50 percent closer to the median. The median wage is set at $16.50 per hour and will be indexed to inflation. The credit is allowed for a maximum of 40 hours per week and phases out at the median wage.

Example: An American worker making $12 per hour would be eligible for a $2.25 per hour credit [(16.50-12.00)/2]. The maximum credit would be for 40 hours of work per week, or 2080 hours over the course of a year, allowing this full-time worker a total credit of $4,680 for the taxable year. This worker can expect to receive four distinct payments of $1,170 from the IRS.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#25]
A lot of you don't realize that most large corps are already starting people at at least $15/hr.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should add an amendment that trans, non-white "women"must be on 60% of the BOD and executive positions.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK, slowpoke, let me explain what he's doing. Most of us realize the wage hike is simply a tool that major corps were going to use to eliminate smaller businesses. Hawley's bill is genius in that it provides for those corps to have to pay the wage, but PROTECTS small businesses from it. It's something the Dems won't want to vote for. It's a choice between looking like Dems care and harming their supporting corps (Apple, Microsoft, etc.) or voting it down to protect them. THINK about what you read. BRILLIANT use of optics.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Noice. THis might have some negative effect on the H1B stuff.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Well I guess that's his career in politics over.

The state minimum wage for 2021 is $10.30/hr.

Employers engaged in retail or service businesses whose annual gross income is less than $500,000 are not required to pay the state minimum wage rate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
At the rate you guys wil be going every Mom and Pop store will be billion dollar enteprise
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would I want to punish companies that are successful?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I bet this doesn't affect very many people.

Something tells me Microsoft isn't paying coders $10.50/hour.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd have required a "justice oriented supply chain".  No wage slave labor,  gender/radial equality in the supply chain, and assurance that no supplier is below US EPA standards.

Let expose corporate virtue signaling and watch the lobbyists go to work.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

OK, slowpoke, let me explain what he's doing. Most of us realize the wage hike is simply a tool that major corps were going to use to eliminate smaller businesses. Hawley's bill is genius in that it provides for those corps to have to pay the wage, but PROTECTS small businesses from it. It's something the Dems won't want to vote for. It's a choice between looking like Dems care and harming their supporting corps (Apple, Microsoft, etc.) or voting it down to protect them. THINK about what you read. BRILLIANT use of optics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conveniently skipping over the handouts that are part of that "Blue Collar Bonus" proposal of his.

This is going to screw us all. More expensive products from the big guys, more taxes to provide handouts to the employees of the little guys, who can then adjust wages downward if they want with the government taking up half the difference.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Communist take over.
View Quote

Lots of Billion Dollar Companies advocate for $15 an hour minimum wage, like Jeff Scuuueezsos of Amazon. But he and his buddies fights every attempt by unions to organize in his companies and obtain $15 minimum wage. Soo if they want to advocate for it, let them pay it.

Edit I am aware Amazon changed their pay scale by first taking back other bonuses and stock options.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Revenue isn’t profit.

This is an instance of a Republican following the Democratic plan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Big Corps and their multiBillion owners already advocate for this and donate to orgs pushing this, but fight every attempt by their employees to obtain this internally.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Senator Hawley is a bright guy.

While your traditional Republican is willing to lose an election by foolishly getting into a fight over a $10 minimum wage versus a $10.25 minimum wage, Hawley is taking the fight to the big corporations and hitting their bottom line.  This is a brilliant strategy on many levels, including providing a benefit to small businesses over large businesses.

The only thing better would be to put Amazon and Walmart on "lockdown" for the next 12 months, so small businesses can try to recapture their screwing over the last 12 months.  After all, we can't prove that all those shipping boxes aren't spreading the China virus, can we?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd prefer an indexed wage to the local cost of living if we had to have a minimum wage.

Half the issue is the coasts live under the idea that $15 is an absolute necessity to pay bills because of their personal bias in the areas they live being higher cost.

Laying a flat minimum over different areas with up to 80% variability is asinine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Revenue isn’t profit.

This is an instance of a Republican following the Democratic plan.
View Quote

$15 Minimum Wage New Weapon Among Corps to Harm Competition.

Snip snip.snip

Michael Farren, an economist at the right-leaning, generally anti-regulation think tank The Mercatus Center, told Insider that Amazon's efforts lobbying for a higher minimum wage can be better understood through public choice economics.

"It may sound a little cynical, but it's probably pretty accurate that Amazon sees this as a tool to help it essentially drive a wedge against competitors - specifically against smaller competitors, but also against Walmart itself, who arguably is Amazon's largest competitor," Farren said in a recent interview.

Farren says that Amazon's efforts around a $15 minimum wage are an example of regulatory capture, in which a company - consciously or unconsciously - pushes for laws in the interest of regulated businesses, as opposed to general welfare.

In this case, a $15 federal minimum wage would not cost Amazon any extra money, since it already pays employees $15. However, it would cost some rivals, including Walmart, a significant amount to raise all workers' pay to at least $15 per hour.

"Essentially anybody in retail that ... isn't paying $15 an hour already is a competitor with Amazon that would be harmed by a federal mandate of $15 an hour," Farren said. "Given that Amazon has already built this increased cost into their operations and into the amount that they charge for products, then anybody else that has to build that in - it's going to drive the cost of their products up."
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Here comes more automation.  YAY!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#42]
lol. Big corp liberals suddenly against $15 minimum wage in 3...2...1...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Most of the people who work there are probably already being paid close to that or more.  Most of the competition in the area is probably paying that too.

That being said, this just puts a ton of pressure on smaller companies that already have a hard time finding good people.  Who is going to work right out of HS driving a forklift at a warehouse earning $12.80/hour when they can go across the street to Amazon and get $15?  And then the supervisors who are getting paid $60k and have an associates degree working 50+ hours a week get annoyed that the HS kid who with OT and DT gets $50k+...

Just make it all $15 if that's what you are going to do Hawley, and stop being too clever by half.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Make it $20.

Bonzai bitches!
View Quote

Communist Cunt Cortez already came out and said it should be 20 to 25.  You know where they are going with this right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I see a whole lotta sub contracting goin on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not when you see what it could do to the labor force at a smaller company.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Is this the 4D chess everyone's been talking about for the last 5 years?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#50]
1099 All the things...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top