Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are now fostering TK/Kilo - here he is enjoying his morning breakfast. I was unable to get any additional pictures yesterday, but Jordan's niece was there and she was taking pics/notes of the dogs.

Step up Arfcom - take a dog.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/486333/kilo_tk1_jpg-2358775.JPG
View Quote

@fluffythecat
@anothermisanthrope

Message sent
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Folks, you will not be disappointed in these dogs. Every one of them was happy, loving and trusting in a time I know is confusing for them.
Please adopt one of these wonderful dogs.
View Quote

I was amazed today how well the pups handled the all the strange people and general chaos of people working  There was almost always at least one lurking looking for a pat or scratch, even from this strange guy in a mask and gloves.

Wish I had a regular schedule and the allergy tolerance to have brought one home.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was amazed today how well the pups handled the all the strange people and general chaos of people working  There was almost always at least one lurking looking for a pat or scratch, even from this strange guy in a mask and gloves.

Wish I had a regular schedule and the allergy tolerance to have brought one home.

View Quote

The large black shepherd latched on to me the first day, and didn't want to be out of my sight. He is going to make someone a great dog who doesn't mind playing fetch constantly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Folks, you will not be disappointed in these dogs. Every one of them was happy, loving and trusting in a time I know is confusing for them.
Please adopt one of these wonderful dogs.
View Quote

Yeah, these are some choice dogs. Really great temperament and very friendly.

They were loving the attention they got today

If I had the room and didn't already have three dogs, I'd have been sorely tempted to become a dog horder.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I've transported 2 dogs for Mark. They were great dogs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
@Baseball2011 message sent
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@gitarmac

Guessing 45-50 lbs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How big is Juliette?

@gitarmac

Guessing 45-50 lbs

Thanks. I'm a weirdo that likes hounds. I've had coonhounds before but I've downsized to beagles. I had 3 but I'm down to two (old age took Blue from me). I'm bandying about the idea - if I can really afford another dog at this moment. I have a big yard and a big doggy door from when I had a greyhound though.

I'll bet when she fills out she would be about 70 or so pounds. Maybe more if I had her, hounds like to eat.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@fluffythecat
@anothermisanthrope

Message sent
View Quote

I'll give you a call this morning.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#9]
@palmetto_gunplay - here he is with one of our female shepherds:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Bump for the pups!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Give me the deets on Stevie/Lima. My dog needs a pal to run 200 acres of farm. Is she good with cats? My dog is 28# and she doesn’t look that much bigger. She has “take me home and love me” eyes.

In need of a pal

Attachment Attached File

Farm view
Attachment Attached File

See ya later ma
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Give me the deets on Stevie/Lima. My dog needs a pal to run 200 acres of farm. Is she good with cats? My dog is 28# and she doesn’t look that much bigger. She has “take me home and love me” eyes.

In need of a pal

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170936/58E3D91E-3D73-4CD8-8BCE-A9BD7C478B21_jpe-2361485.JPG

Farm view
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170936/3D9B06C3-651E-4663-AF51-8B5ECEF53A43_jpe-2361487.JPG

See ya later ma
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170936/E9EAF177-C1CE-4F6B-B697-7C81F0D2584E_jpe-2361488.JPG
View Quote

Have reached out to Jordan will let you know ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Billy's transport would be 100 times easier if we had someone who could cover this section of transport:

El Paso, TX to Lordsburg, NM.  Trying desperately to get this under way on Thursday.  This short segment would take place Friday or Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#14]
@heavy260

Stevie is great with other dogs, and is at shy first, but once warms up is loyal. I remember her. No idea on cats, but if you're interested, I have a volunteer cat who thinks he's a dog and we can see how it goes.

Just got these pics from Jordan.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Wife and I will discuss further this afternoon when she gets home. She wants to fence in the backyard (own 2 lots in town) so the dogs can run and I plan on spending a lot of this summer at the farm in our camper so the dogs can run and hopefully not chase the cattle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Putting this here too for visibility.

We need to get TK to points south of Nashville.  The closer to AL the better.

Looking to launch TK's freedom ride Wednesday or Thursday as palmetto is off work can is flexible.

Volunteer needed:
Demossville Ky for TK pickup and a run south into TN.

If you can't make it south of Nashville let me know where you can and I'll try to get someone in place for another leg.

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Billy's transport would be 100 times easier if we had someone who could cover this section of transport:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/150826/leg_6-2361514.png

El Paso, TX to Lordsburg, NM.  Trying desperately to get this under way on Thursday.  This short segment would take place Friday or Saturday.
View Quote

$10,612 in joker's gofund

https://www.gofundme.com/f/joker1-fund

I used these people to get Bane to north california from Mark. $650. He liked them, and so did I. Enough to pay $100 tip.

https://www.facebook.com/sandersonspettransportation/

Maybe its time to pull those donations and use them as intended.

Maybe that's why Joker never touched it.

@spuddicus

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#19]
@anothermisanthrope Would you happen to know the age of Stevie? Go ahead and introduce the cat and see how they interact. If it goes well it sounds like we’ll take her.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I used these people to get Bane to north california from Mark. $650. He liked them, and so did I. Enough to pay $100 tip.

@spuddicus

View Quote

Pretty sure that is the total contributed to date....not the balance. I'm sure Joker1 used most of that already and I believe he transferred the majority of the remaining balance to Jordan already.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that is the total contributed to date....not the balance. I'm sure Joker1 used most of that already and I believe he transferred the majority of the remaining balance to Jordan already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@spuddicus

Oh... So this is the new one then?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/semper-fi-dog-rescue?member=18848587&sharetype=teams

$3,971

My point remains the same. If you cant find people able to transport at crunch time, you have a trust worthy source Bane has provided for the others.

Good luck with it all. I hope all works out. Once I know where I stand after paying taxes, hopefully I can donate.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
@heavy260

I met Stevie previously.  He was with Mark when I got my Sabrina from him.  
He's a sweet dog, and was really happy to meet me that day.  Please give him a good home.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#23]
With Mark -briefly- out of the process this is probably a difficult question:

Any of those medium-ish dogs have an especially mild personality?  We're worried about jumping on an elderly member of the family here...

Sadie maybe?

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Any of those medium-ish dogs have an especially mild personality?  We're worried about jumping on an elderly member of the family here...

Sadie maybe?

View Quote

Most of them were very good once the initial excitement of a new person was over. A couple of the smaller guys are true sweeties as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Honestly, most of them seem pretty mild tempered.  They're kind of starved for human contact right now and a few of them stood up on my thigh to get some attention, but there weren't any aggressive jumpers.

I can see if I can get more of an idea of Sadie tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm good for transport from FL-GA border on I-95 to Ft. Pierce/Stuart area.

Can't take a dog though- life is in the way.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Honestly, most of them seem pretty mild tempered.  They're kind of starved for human contact right now and a few of them stood up on my thigh to get some attention, but there weren't any aggressive jumpers.

I can see if I can get more of an idea of Sadie tomorrow.
View Quote

This. A lot of them are very laid-back. Jumping won't be a problem with a lot of them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm going to be driving from here through Cincinnati and back to Eastern PA.  If anyone wants me to transport a dog along that route, let me know.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#29]
morning walk with TK

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Many beautiful sweet pups here. They'll all be great friends for good people.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Posted in the other thread, but I’ll add it here:

After this evening, I am free for the next 5 days. I am in Kansas, but am willing to drive just about anywhere to help. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

ETA: I should be able to do the complete transportation of a dog in that time frame, no problem.

ETAA: I have spoken with the higher-ups of the operation. Things are happening.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sadie maybe?

View Quote

@cmw

Sadie is still looking for a home, and Jordan would love if you could take her.  Very sweet dog.  I'll PM you some contact info.

I took Rocky out to get him a bath, but she said she'd send me some pictures to post.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Jordan requested that I post these. Dogs that are still looking for homes:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Cash is a very sharp dog, and he is a leaner. He will push against you for attention.
Jake is as happy as he looks in the pictures, another great dog.
Come on folks, step up and adopt a great dog!
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#36]
If someone is able to take-in one of these pups, I will pick them up and take them to you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Hell yeah. Whoever adopts the next one has transport lined up already. Commit and red-stater has your back!

Buy him a dinner when you meet him though. That’s a gracious offer
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Just talked to Jordan and she is having issues replying to messages on ARFCOM but said there is no prob providing her contact number to anyone interested in helping. I offered to contact local rescues to see if any dogs can be taken in which I will be doing once I get the pictures of the dogs that are still in need of homes/fosters and anyone else can do the same.

Once I get them or anyone else does try to update as many threads as you can.

Maybe update the OP with the pictures of the dogs that still need help?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Is Boone/alpha available?  Age?  Guessing male?  Also assuming these dogs are all good with other dogs?  We have two already.

@fluffythecat
@anothermisanthrope
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#40]
@akakirby
Boone is an older dog, very loving. Get along with other dogs, been living happily with 25 others.
Not sure if available still, but a nice pup.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@akakirby
Boone is an older dog, very loving. Get along with other dogs, been living happily with 25 others.
Not sure if available still, but a nice pup.
View Quote

Thanks, our two are about 3-4 years old but we would love to give Boone a spot in our pack

Our pups Dutch and Goldie.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Is Foxtrot from page 2 available?  Any more information? We have 2 dogs currently and are thinking we could add a third.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Putting this here too for visibility.

We need to get TK to points south of Nashville.  The closer to AL the better.

Looking to launch TK's freedom ride Wednesday or Thursday as palmetto is off work can is flexible.

Volunteer needed:
Demossville Ky for TK pickup and a run south into TN.

If you can't make it south of Nashville let me know where you can and I'll try to get someone in place for another leg.

View Quote

I'm about 90 minutes south east of Nashville.  If I fit into the picture, let me know.  Happy to help
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is Foxtrot from page 2 available?  Any more information? We have 2 dogs currently and are thinking we could add a third.
View Quote

There was a medical issue to address and he went into rescue care, no longer on site. Follow up with Jordan.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm about 90 minutes south east of Nashville.  If I fit into the picture, let me know.  Happy to help
View Quote

@kcobean

We’ve got TKs transport set to roll at this time. I’ll keep you in mind for the next southern run.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@kcobean

We’ve got TKs transport set to roll at this time. I’ll keep you in mind for the next southern run.
View Quote

@spuddicus, please do.  I can do Nashville-ish to Chattanooga area, or maybe a tad further.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Are the 6 most recent pictures the dogs that are still available?  Can someone PM me Jordan's contact info to find out the situation with Foxtrot?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Are the 6 most recent pictures the dogs that are still available?  Can someone PM me Jordan's contact info to find out the situation with Foxtrot?
View Quote

Sent
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There was a medical issue to address and he went into rescue care, no longer on site. Follow up with Jordan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@imperfectlyperfect3  <--Jordan

Jordans thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Semper-Fi-Dog-Rescue-fire-mission/5-2547003/?page=1
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I am trying to find a home for Boone
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top