Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm leaning toward Romeo as my first choice, but I also like Sierra and Whiskey.  

Any idea if Romeo is a boy or girl?  It looks like Sierra is female, which may sway me that way.  

My wife likes Alpha though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really hoping @Joker1 can step in here and help whenever he's feeling able to. There are records for the dogs, that I don't have access to ATM.
View Quote

I will pick up the records today. I'm not sure how helpful that will be since we are not able to match the dogs real names to the files. We will need Joker to help with that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#3]

I think this guy may be "Corky", one of Marks personal dogs.

Does he walk/run kind of funny? @anothermisanthorpe
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I chased after Corky all the way to the neighbors house . Then carried back. And honestly, I don't remember if it is Corky

This was a triage event to take pics and catalog. No dogs will be moved without Mark and Jordan's approval.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think this is Corky. We did not takes pics of a dog or two that we know were Jokers personal dogs. We are waiting for Joker (if he is able) to identify the dogs that he is keeping.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
My calendar has some snags to it, but I will make myself available if someone needs ILL passage. I am 30 miles South of Champaign Urbana and can help move a needful pup or two.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#7]
W. Kentucky South of Paducah here. I can help with Transpo W. KY, W. TN, E. MO, S. Ill region.

Helped with 1 run already, met Mark for a pickup,so I am guessing I am vetted.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Interested in Whitey (Ava?).
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's Corky.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My calendar has some snags to it, but I will make myself available if someone needs ILL passage. I am 30 miles South of Champaign Urbana and can help move a needful pup or two.
View Quote

I'm in southern WI, we could tag team if there's one headed north.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in SE WI and can help out too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm in SE WI and can help out too.
View Quote
Well that's three of us in SE WI willing to help.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#13]
@anothermisanthrope and @baseball2011...thanks for helping Jordan with Marks pups!!  @baseball2011...looks like a Joker thread smoked you out of long-term lurking...happened to me last fall!!

Already messaged Jordan but I'm available for transport in the north half of TX and @haveTwo is volunteering for South Texas.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]
i'm able to transport the first weekend in may, between northwestern pa, and south florida, on the i-95 corridor.

eta damn, those pics really bummed me out. those are some seriously underfed dogs there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Just sent the list to a friend. They are interested in adopting.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Count me in for Alpha! IM'd Jordan

Quoted:
Long Day. Thanks Mike. Sincerely.

No details on age/sex etc.. yet - was a lot to do more details will be coming as we can get them.

We are going to need volunteers and donations, there is a gofundme thread here

Pictures incoming - we did military alphabet naming by dog in no specific order. All dogs will need to be approved, and some are already spoken for, but here's a dump of pics for now and your chance to reserve a great dog. I was very impressed at how well behaved everyone was and how well the pack gets along. We did the whole alphabet so it's going to take some time:

This is Alpha, she's a tiny little sweetheart:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/486333/PXL_20220420_173519614_jpg-2356096.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/486333/PXL_20220420_173458683_jpg-2356097.JPG

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Interested in Whitey if she is available
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#18]
How big is Juliette?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm updating some of the pics with actual names/sex. I'm heading out to visit the dogs shortly, please let me know if you want more pics/info. I will also try and get more details.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm leaning toward Romeo as my first choice, but I also like Sierra and Whiskey.  

Any idea if Romeo is a boy or girl?  It looks like Sierra is female, which may sway me that way.  

My wife likes Alpha though.
View Quote

I will get more info for you today
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How big is Juliette?
View Quote

I'll get more pics today
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I will get more info for you today
View Quote

Thank you!  I'm firmly in the Romeo Rocky or Sierra choice right now (and let Jordan know too), but some more info on them would be great.

::Edited with correct name::
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I can’t take another, we’ve adopted two from Joker in the past, but we can help with transportation. I’m not far from Charlottesville and could easily help anywhere in say a 300 mile radius.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I just sent IMs to everybody that showed interest in a dog with Jordan's direct contact info. If I missed anybody please reach out to me and I will send it to you.

Jordan will get you vetted through Mark as soon as she can.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just sent IMs to everybody that showed interest in a dog with Jordan's direct contact info. If I missed anybody please reach out to me and I will send it to you.

Jordan will get you vetted through Mark as soon as she can.
View Quote

The IM system is acting a little flakey this week.  Better to use the site email function.

@Baseball2011
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Bump.

Is this pinned yet?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The IM system is acting a little flakey this week.  Better to use the site email function.

@Baseball2011
View Quote

Thank you for the heads up. I will use that going forward.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Jordan is learning how to navigate her way through arfcom.

So instead of sending her a PM, please send a PM to me. Include your real life name and cellphone number and I will send your information to Jordan.  And then she will contact you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Thanks fluffy. Just logged in to link these together on my lunch break.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#31]
night crew bump

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#32]
We are now fostering TK/Kilo - here he is enjoying his morning breakfast. I was unable to get any additional pictures yesterday, but Jordan's niece was there and she was taking pics/notes of the dogs.

Step up Arfcom - take a dog.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How big is Juliette?
View Quote

@gitarmac

Guessing 45-50 lbs
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Thank you!  I'm firmly in the Romeo Rocky or Sierra choice right now (and let Jordan know too), but some more info on them would be great.

::Edited with correct name::
View Quote

Rocky is a sweetheart who weighs about 60 lbs. Sierra weighs about 35 and is currently being fostered. The dogs all get along - it's amazing. Rocky's temperament is super laid back and really enjoys affection and attention.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Rocky is a sweetheart who weighs about 60 lbs. Sierra weighs about 35 and is currently being fostered. The dogs all get along - it's amazing. Rocky's temperament is super laid back and really enjoys affection and attention.
View Quote

That sound perfect.  I'm ready to take Rocky and give him a good home as soon as I hear back from Jordan.  I'll save the trouble of working out a transport plan and just make the drive out there to get him (and help out however I can while I'm out there).  

ETA - Adoption confirmed by Jordan.  I'm working on plans to get out there, but I'll be there in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Carry on!
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I took some time off from work this week to come out, pick up Rocky, and help out however I can.  

I'll head out Monday morning, so I should be out that way sometime Monday evening.  If anyone can PM me an address to come to or contact info for anyone who may be out at Mark's place that would be helpful.  

It looks like my best bet for a hotel is the south side of Cincinnati, but if any of you locals have a recommendation for somewhere closer please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#38]
120 S Floyd street is your best bet
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Is there a list of dogs with pictures and rough ages available yet? Please @ me as I don’t get on here too often.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is there a list of dogs with pictures and rough ages available yet? Please @ me as I don’t get on here too often.
View Quote

One page back in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Semper-Fi-Dog-Rescue-Adoption-thread/5-2546763/

@mr2143
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#43]
10 post in 10 years?
Burner account?
What kind of questions, I missed it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#44]
He is legit. I've been working with him at Joker1's place and he is helping greatly. Literally our closest resource. Concerned about people posting addresses.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
10 post in 10 years?
Burner account?
What kind of questions, I missed it.
View Quote

He is totally 100% legit.  He fostered Suzie Q Bulldog for me and he helped get her to Canada.  And he has done more to help Mark and the dogs than anyone. No-one has worked harder than him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for your input.  Sorry for any disruption in the process.  Carry on!
View Quote

Thanks Delta! Sorry for the problems and I appreciate you watching out for the members.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He is totally 100% legit.  He fostered Suzie Q Bulldog for me and he helped get her to Canada.  And he has done more to help Mark and the dogs than anyone. No-one has worked harder than him.
View Quote

This is Mike?

I can vouch for him, as well. I talked to him today. Good guy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#49]
If any of the pups come through Idaho or Washington PM me and we'll help transport.

This is awesome, but I'm worried about Mark.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Folks, you will not be disappointed in these dogs. Every one of them was happy, loving and trusting in a time I know is confusing for them.
Please adopt one of these wonderful dogs.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top