Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2009 5:09:29 PM EDT
So I'm sitting here listing a few items on Egay to sell and watching/listening to Family Guy

when all of a sudden Stewie jumps inside the HDTV box and says "Ooohh Look I'm an Iraq War

Vet in 10 Years". WTF OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Title edit.  Please don't use any form of the F-word in thread titles.  ––tbk1>
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, this is pure Fox News network bashing.

I'm watching simply to see where they take it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm dvring it right now, will watch in a bit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I'm sitting here listing a few items on Egay to sell and watching/listening to Family Guy

when all of a sudden Stewie jumps inside the HDTV box and says "Ooohh Look I'm an Iraq War

I don't get the joke, maybe if I'd seen the clip.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

living in a box

Family Guy is just trash. They have decied to take it so far left and I hope it will eventually backfire.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
How about a link?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
He then said "Nah we'll take care of 'em".
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
It's funny they are making fun of their own network

and the TV show itself as they make their own show.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Did you miss the part where he said " naw, we take care of our own " ?

Too bad it's more than true, this countries track record with vets is horrible.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#9]
What about the episode when Y2K happened and they started a new town and peter made guns, then the townspeople burned all the guns and then the flock of octo-stewies were coming and the townspeople wanted the guns back? Family Guy makes fun of EVERYTHING. If they didn't the show wouldn't be funny.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

living in a box

Family Guy is just trash. They have decied to take it so far left and I hope it will eventually backfire.

It will backfire.   Fuck that pencil necked piece of commie shit Seth Green (or whoever created it).  

The only "adult cartoon" I watch is South Park.  And sometimes Beavis and Butthead when my DVR picks up episodes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So the billion and one other things they've trashed through the years were ok. But if they trash something that you care about it's not ok.

I hate the show and haven't watched it in years. But it's not like them taking unwarranted shits on things some people hold precious is a new plot device.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
The Ann Coulter bit...  

I'd be honored to store my jar of olives in Ann Coulter's crotch.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Ann Coulter is the fridge.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yea I heard all of it, it was more sarcasm than anything.

Now they are saying Michael Moore is Gay with Rush Limbaugh.

Is there anything decent on TV anymore????
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the billion and one other things they've trashed through the years were ok. But if they trash something that you care about it's not ok.

I hate the show and haven't watched it in years. But it's not like them taking unwarranted shits on things some people hold precious is a new plot device.

It's like issac hayes.

Cool to make fun of everyone but the group youre a part of.

Lighten up
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its about 50/50 with me, but for some reason this episode really set off my WTF meter

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.

If you think this country takes care of it's .mil folk when they've been injured, then it is clear that you've never had an LOD injury.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't jump the gun.  Rush Limbaugh is gay with Michael Moore in that episode.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't jump the gun.  Rush Limbaugh is gay with Michael Moore in that episode.

See they are calling michael moore gay, can you think of anything worse than being called gay.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Don't jump the gun. Rush Limbaugh is gay with Michael Moore in that episode.

Nah, they're both Fred Savage!  (he is also Lard Ulrich)

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Hahahaha they just made fun of the show.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#23]
HOLY SHIT FAMILY GUY SUCKS?!!!!!!??!  thats certainly news to me!!!  i didnt watch it because i despise it but earlier this week when i saw the ad for it and it said fox news it was obvious it was going to be bad
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He then said "Nah we'll take care of 'em".

But of course no one bothers to point that out. You just have to laugh.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Seth McFarland is a big douche but the show is funny most of the time.  It is definately more left leaning than 50/50.  More like 65/45 or 70/30.  South Park is the true equal oportunity offender and is far more entertaining than Family Guy could ever be.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#26]
You mean there was a time when it wasn't leftist drivel?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#27]
You gotta admit this shit is funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPoZ5Gg_pxA
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What about the episode when Y2K happened and they started a new town and peter made guns, then the townspeople burned all the guns and then the flock of octo-stewies were coming and the townspeople wanted the guns back? Family Guy makes fun of EVERYTHING. If they didn't the show wouldn't be funny.

+1

These shows are not to be taken seriously anyways. They're just comedic entertainment.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You missed the point. He syays, "Look! I'm and Iraqi war veteran in ten years. Nah, we're gonna take good care of 'em."  He wasn't mocking the vets, he was mocking the Feds and all the civs who are going to shit on the vets, just like vets of every other fucking war.  If you don't believe that, then click here:
www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/17/obama.veterans/
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

See they are calling michael moore gay, can you think of anything worse than being called gay.

Democrat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Seth MacFarlane = Brady Supporter
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Democrat.

Nope, GOP stalwart.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#33]
My favorite all time side sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHaCEhOiWU
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I was thinking about starting a thread on how shitty that show was earlier.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#35]
At some point in the past  it must have been not a leftie tard fest. Surely. Right?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
At some point in the past  it must have been not a leftie tard fest. Surely. Right?

There were undertones the first few seasons, but now FG is complete shit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Seth MacFarlane = Brady Supporter

... and gay rights activist, atheist, Republican-hater, Obama supporter, etc.....  Family Guy used to be funny, but now it's just become a vehicle for Seth McFucktard to vent his many lefty rants in a large public forum. I think FOX should shitcan that pickle-pumping douchebag once and for all, there is much better talent out there anyway.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I just watched what was probably my first time to watch family guy for the first time from beginning to end.

I gotta say that this is pretty stupid, laughs come from stuff that is so stupid, you gotta laugh.

there are a lot of "hidden" humor items that pretty much only an adult would get and  the rest of the content is basically not for kids under 16.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#39]
They make fun of everything.  It's just a TV show, and it's mostly funny.  Simmer down.

ETA: It wasn't so much an insult to vets as it was to how we as a country tend to treat vets years down the road.  I don't think it was that far off target.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes because we take such good care of our vets in this country.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#41]

They don't take one side or the other...  as many have said it in here, they make fun of everything and everyone.  No one is immune to their wrath.  

They have made fun of gays, aids, McCain, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, families, cripples (Handicap people), midgets, Rich, Poor, Left, Right, Liberals, Conservatives......................

and the list goes on.  Eventually they will land on a joke that will piss someone off while we laugh at everything else.  That's part of the show.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#42]
it would be a lot better show if it didnt have such a hard liberal slant to it. it does make fun of everything, but just barely. they are in business to offend everyone.

the one that pissed me off the most was the one where brian and stewie went back to WW2 germany and found that germany was building nukes. they asked why america didnt invade and then they said maybe because getmany didnt have any oil. how fucking retarded are they? seriously?

but, it is just a stupid tv show, if you dont like it turn it off. no one is forcing us to watch it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Is there anything decent on TV anymore????

No.

I tried to watch it a couple of times. Couldn't make it more than a few minutes each time. It sucked.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's pointing out the disproportionately high number of veterans in the homeless population.

Hilarious, no?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Anybody over 14 years old that watches cartoons is a tard anyway.  WTF? Grow up already!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#46]
...and you are JUST NOW figuring out that show (and most others like it) are just liberal douchebaggery?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#47]
My all time favorite Family Guy moment was this season. "...and now all we're left with is a hair lipped reminder of what could've been..." and then a giant picture of Joaquin Phoenix.

With Family Guy, you have to know what you're in for when you watch it. Chances are if you watch it for any period of time, sooner or later you will be offended.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#48]
They make fun of pretty much everything, deal with it. Would I want to have a beer with McFarlane, probly not. It's just entertainment. Dont like it? Dont watch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#49]
most of our tv is geared for the consumption if idiots, if you don't believe me just quit watching it for 6-12 months then turn it back on and look at all the changes you see and listen to all the people talk about american idol or who's been thrown off the island this week.   You will come to a very upsetting conclusion that it is all babysitting/social conditioning.

they are telling us what and who are cool and and how we should think.    The majority of americans can nolonger think for themselves and are pretty much sheeple.

Why do i have to know who some spoiled little no tallent chick "britney" is by her first name anyway?   Or how about that "they claim guy" "Justin" Timberlake WTF????

People really need to get away from the tv and get a life.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
HOLY SHIT FAMILY GUY SUCKS?!!!!!!??!  thats certainly news to me!!!  i didnt watch it because i despise it but earlier this week when i saw the ad for it and it said fox news it was obvious it was going to be bad

i was going to mention how much i hate family guy here, but, i did it 3 months ago.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top