Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Not as bad as most of you think-- loose stock to action fit is the culprit. Acra-glass it and you will be surprised how well it shoots. Yup, sold my folder to my brother 15 years ago, and 5 years ago he gave it back to me! Now I guess after this, I'll have to shoot it again-- someday---He blasted a bunch of the Norinco yellow box .223 ammo thru it back then, and the bore is dark:(    The lying Chinese said that the stuff was non-corrosive, and he found out the hard way that it wasn't.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mini's are okay.  I kinda liked it for plinking.  At least, I liked to borrow my friends.  Not so sure I'd take one home...  If they could accept AR-15 magazines (Im sure thats been said a million times) they would at least appeal to me for a cheap blaster gun.

kinda like a moped and a fat chick.

they are all fun to ride until a freind sees you.

LOL!!!!   Exactly!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
i have one of the stainless with factory folder bought it in 88,  will never part with it no matter what . does it compare to my other stuff not even close.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
For $350 per rifle, most LE agencies are able to take possession of some older M16A1 (FA, pencil barrel, tri-angle forearms, etc) from the Feds via some buy-out programs.  It is a win-win situation for both levels of govt.  The Feds get rid of some weapons they dont need and are just collecting dust, and the local-yocal LE agencies get some very cost effective patrol rifles they never had.

I dont know 'bout any of you guys... but I'd MUCH rather have an M16A1 than a Mini-14.

There is a local PD that just took possession of four 1983-ish "vintage" Ford Broncos from a local National Guard unit.  The exteriors have all been painted white and have had the proper decals applied (lights, too), but the interiors have all been left that UGLY olive green.  Word is, they'll be used during snow storms, high water situations, and any other off-road situation that might arise.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a foldup Mini from a local LEO in the early 80's & have always loved it. Got a stainless Ranch Rifle a few years back & later traded it to a friend for his AR-15 A2. I have the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:57:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
everybody here seems to hate them. ok, so it's not a sniper rifle, but what do you expect for $400?
i have one and some of the claims made here could be slightly exaggerated

*cough*
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]
It worked pretty effective for Platt
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, is it time again for the bi-weekly Bash The Mini thread already...?!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

And nobody has taken me up on my challenge.

And they won't.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]
the sheriff dept here uses old mini 14s and they are horrible at best. i mean really really  all over the place when you shoot. theres no way you could use one in a shoot out. i kinda think putting a new stock and a red dot on one would be fun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top