Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There's a corollary to that...  A white truck with cones around it becomes invisible.

Buddy of mine is a GC and had a slow week a while back so he drove around town parking places in his truck, putting out the cones and wandering off.  No tickets, no police stopped, not so much as a Post-It note on his window.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda funny, just goes to show that if you look confident while you're doing something most people will never question it.

A reflective vest, a clipboard, and confidence will pretty much get you into anywhere, up to and including Area 51.

There's a corollary to that...  A white truck with cones around it becomes invisible.

Buddy of mine is a GC and had a slow week a while back so he drove around town parking places in his truck, putting out the cones and wandering off.  No tickets, no police stopped, not so much as a Post-It note on his window.

I know a guy who was a drug dealer for years without getting caught. He and his brother would drive around in a white F-150 wearing orange vests when they made deliveries. Guy was a scumbag and got sent to prison for other criminal stuff . . but never got hassled for driving drugs around every day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Darn, the libral lezbo has to walk
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not my bike, not my problem.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:06:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Knowing California, if anyone would have intervened they would have been arrested for stepping on the thiefs rights

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm unsure my $100 bike is worth the legal nightmare of shooting someone.

To me.

Cost/benefit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many on ARFCOM wouldn't intervene even if it were their bike. After all, getting hit by a ca...errr chopped in half with a saw for attempting to stop a thief isn't worth it

I'm unsure my $100 bike is worth the legal nightmare of shooting someone.

To me.

Cost/benefit.

There's no way I'd be leaving a $1200 bike on the sidewalk of SF.  Hell, I won't leave my 26 y/o beater mtn bike locked on the sidewalk in SF.  I was pissed enough when my $400 bike got stolen in LA a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:10:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Knowing California, if anyone would have intervened they would have been arrested for stepping on the thiefs rights

View Quote

What would happen in Boulder?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But if you have the clipboard and look slightly pissed, the guys with the toolboxes open doors for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda funny, just goes to show that if you look confident while you're doing something most people will never question it.

A reflective vest, a clipboard, and confidence will pretty much get you into anywhere, up to and including Area 51.

My grandfather says that you can go anywhere with a hard hat dirty jeans and a tool box

But if you have the clipboard and look slightly pissed, the guys with the toolboxes open doors for you.

There's a lot of construction going on at my school right now.  We had just gotten back from a field trip to a mine, and I had my boots, reflective vest, and hard hat with me.  I wanted to check out one of the new buildings that was almost done.  I threw on my vest and hard hat and walked right in.  I only saw a couple workers, but no one gave me a second look.  They either didn't notice the lamp bracket and mining stickers or just didn't care
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top