User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I need a blub, one of the lights was turned or for about 5 min and bulb burned out.  Any ideas where to get a bulb?

You could exchange it for a surefire bulb.  It is a copy of the P60, P61, P90, P91 bulb assembly.

If you want to run th P90 P91 bulbs you will need rechargeable batteries.  R123

Has anyoneseen the Luxeon lights they have there now?

Runs on 3 AAA batts?

How much is a Surefire bulb?  It would probably just be cheaper to buy a new set of 2 for $20.

I got these this weekend and it's a lot of light for the money.  Great to keep in the glove box, etc.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:06:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't know if I got a bad pack or what but I took mine back after a week - the switches on them weren't working reliably - sometimes the lights would come on, sometimes they wouldn't.  Got to be pretty frustrating.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
So has anyone bought a set of those Luxeon LED lights yet?  I was going to get some, but until I get paid next week, I kinda need money to eat, so I only got the Cyclops.  How long do those Luxeon lights last on one set of batteries?  I need a general purpose long use flashlight: not uber bright or uber tactical, but just bright enough so I can tie on my fishing lures in the dark
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So has anyone bought a set of those Luxeon LED lights yet?  I was going to get some, but until I get paid next week, I kinda need money to eat, so I only got the Cyclops.  How long do those Luxeon lights last on one set of batteries?  I need a general purpose long use flashlight: not uber bright or uber tactical, but just bright enough so I can tie on my fishing lures in the dark

I bought a two-pack and liked them so much I bought two more packs.  The Luxeon lights are very bright.  Maybe it's just the whiteness of the light, but they appear to me to be as bright as the lithium flashights.  I can't tell you how long the batteries last because I haven't burned any out yet (and I got them shortly after a hurricane knocked out the power for a couple weeks).  The only problem is that the on/off button isn't sufficiently recessed, so it's easy to turn them on without trying to.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Pictures of the beams from the Luxeons & others (all at the same time) might be interesting...

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool!
Now I've got to got to Sam's and pick up a few...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been putting off renewing my Sam's membership. Damn I hate you people
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pictures of the beams from the Luxeons & others (all at the same time) might be interesting...

Here we have, from left to right, the Surefire Z2, the Sam's lithium/xenon, and the Sam's Luxeon.  

The lights were set on the floor shining on a white cieling about 12 feet up.

The luxeon looks a bit bluer in the picture than it does in real life, and the lithium/xenon lights a little less yellow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
good pix!

thanks!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've been putting off renewing my Sam's membership. Damn I hate you people

Same here.  There are a few things I need to pick up anyway.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Web sight

www.cyclopssolutions.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.viewproduct&CategoryID=31

Mine has been mounted on my FP6 and survived 250+ OO and 1ox slug shells

Can't complain they are Shock Proof after all

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]
If this is the same light
Link

That is one HELL of a deal !
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If this is the same light
Link

That is one HELL of a deal !

The model they sell at Sam's isn't among those pictured on the Cyclops website.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks identical however cant be 100% sure. The discription is the same for both.

They are great lights. Im sure much like many other brands that are new to the market you need to get some out there before you can ask retail. Probably a pilot purchase to get them into the public's hands.

They are a seasonal item so dont expect SAMS to restock. Yea China sucks yada yada yada

However here In the land of Record Gas Profits and Record inflation I guess thats all the reason to run out and purchase a 100+ flashlight with a 60 min burn time bulb that costs $20+ to replace when you can just go get 2 more new lights for the same price as the bulb  . . . . . . . LOL

Sure its not made by surefire but in order to get a shockproof G2 it will still run you over $50+ and still look like crap and be primarily made from plastic.

My .02
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Looks identical however cant be 100% sure. The discription is the same for both.

Look closer.  The one on the on the Cyclops website (the 3W model without the clip) has ubertactical ribs around the bezel:  

The one from Sam's doesn't:

It appears that the one on the Cyclops website has certain additional capabilities that the Sam's version lacks.  It's ribbed for her pleasure.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep its ribbed
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought 3 packs of these (last 3) and love em too. I wonder if you could switch out the tail cap with one from a different light to say add a pressure switch.....el cheapo!

I actually torutred one of the lights by throwing it around the yard this afternoon and shaking the hell out of it like a paint can. Surprised me that it still worked great.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look closer.  The one on the on the Cyclops website (the 3W model without the clip) has ubertactical ribs around the bezel:  

tinypic.com/j912lh.png

The one from Sam's doesn't:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Jbays/flashlights600x800.jpg

It appears that the one on the Cyclops website has certain additional capabilities that the Sam's version lacks.  It's ribbed for her pleasure.

It's funny that neither of you are paying attention.  The top picture has anti-roll flutes in the head AND is RIBBED behind the flutes like a Pentagon.  

The top light in the package has neither fluting nor ribbing.  The bottom one is fluted though...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm looking at that Cyclops website.  I swear that website was called something else 6 months ago.  I think it was Wolf Eyes or something similar.  Same look to the site, just a different name.  

My internet browser says Cyclops Systems LLC and the site domain is Cyclopssolutions.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My Luxeons are nice lights.  Pretty bright, havent run down batteries
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Web sight

www.cyclopssolutions.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.viewproduct&CategoryID=31

Mine has been mounted on my FP6 and survived 250+ OO and 1ox slug shells

Can't complain they are Shock Proof after all

What size rings does you need to mount it ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Great. Another Chinese company rips off all the research,developement,and technological innovations done by American companies like Surefire, and having none of these costs,is able to sell their lights for rock bottom prices.  Wal*Mart and Sam's Club ought to fly the Chinese flag instead of the American flag. I'll stick with my Surefires.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#24]
FWIW I used 2 TRG Flashlight mounts I got in the EE here a while back. Work great.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#25]

thanks for the review!

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It's funny that neither of you are paying attention.  The top picture has anti-roll flutes in the head AND is RIBBED behind the flutes like a Pentagon.  

The top light in the package has neither fluting nor ribbing.  The bottom one is fluted though...

They are both fluted just not ribbed.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I am going to comment on the $20 XENON lights at SAMS.  I do not have, nor have seens, the Luxeon models.

First - before there is any more confusion - the light at SAMS is not on the web page linked earlier.  Those are all high intensity LED's, hence their cost.  This is a lower cost Xenon bulb, which has higher light output with much worse battery life than LED.

First - here is a pic to compare the Cyclops with a Surefire G2 and 6P:

Yes - I am aware I have not removed the wanring sticker on the cyclops:

Whoever said you could use a Surefire P60 bulb doesnt own one.  These are NOT a copy and they are NOT interchangeable:

Whoever was asking about el-cheap weaponlinghts.... the cheap surefite tailcaps are NOT interchangeable.... the surefire body has threads on the OD, this light has threads on the ID, and the tubes are the wrong size:

Lastly - about ring size....

Surefire 6P OD:  1.008"
Surefire G2 OD:  1.020"
Sams Cyclops OD:  0.866"

You cannot use a 1" ring for these like you can for a surefire.  This tube appears to be between 13/16" and 7/8".

I did not feel the beam was as pure nor as bright on this Cyclops as my surefires are.  Not even close to what the previous pics show in this thread.  This tells me the QC from batch to batch varies.

Since the Surefire is rated at 65 lumens... and this isnt as bright, someone is stretching the truth, and my guess is it aint surefire.  

It is what it is - a damned bright, handy, aluminum body light, for $10.

Good deal, IMHO.  I bought 4.  2 for a gift and 2 for me.  Can't ever have enough lights.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#28]
FALARAK-  Thanks for shedding light on several points that didn't seem very beleivable.  

Fister- I was looking at the lights in the package.  Is it the reflection that makes the one look perfectly smooth?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top