BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What the hell is wrong with you guys ? Medvedev IS meeting with the dissidents. He's meeting with Øbama. He is a dissident, an anti constitutionalist that happens to be in charge now.

The anti-constitutionalists are the majority now.

We're the dissidents.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I say we nominate Aimless or another Mod as "Mouthpiece of the Dissidents", and send him to meet with Medvedve.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You know what? At this point I can't even be sure Putin and Medvedev are good guys or bad because our journalists and news outlets lie worse than than Pravda did during the height of the cold war, foreign news sources seem to paint a more objective picture of them and direct experience with Russians here in the US has taught me they're just like we are, i.e. not enemies to be feared...

I could go into a lot of comparisons between our misdeeds and theirs but it's counter-productive if you still blindly subscribe to cold war-era opinions or blindly believe we're the good guys and they are not.

I was just stating a point.  Not my beliefs.  I typically along better with Russians better than I do with Brits.  It all does seem to be surreal to me though.

I wasn't ranting at you... sorry if it seemed that way. I'm conflicted about us not living up to our treaty agreements with them to not promote NATO on their doorstep, this missile shield mess, Georgia, et. al

When Putin threw the oligarchs out of Russia, the "west" turned on him. They were ripping Russia off blind, and had taken control of everything.

What Putin and Medvedev are guilty of I am not too sure but I suspect we have our own share of blame to consider.

I know Putin being former KGB is both a former enemy and a formidable leader but he seems more nationalistic than anything else. I can't blame him for that.

Putin also did reach out to us right after 9/11 as well........

That said, Putin is pretty much a gangster, but a gangster who most likely loves his country.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I say we nominate Aimless or another Mod as "Mouthpiece of the Dissidents", and send him to meet with Medvedve.

Whoever represents us needs to convince Russia to secretly arm the dissidents in America.  Free AK-47s, AK-74s, and PKMs FTW!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what? At this point I can't even be sure Putin and Medvedev are good guys or bad because our journalists and news outlets lie worse than than Pravda did during the height of the cold war, foreign news sources seem to paint a more objective picture of them and direct experience with Russians here in the US has taught me they're just like we are, i.e. not enemies to be feared...

I could go into a lot of comparisons between our misdeeds and theirs but it's counter-productive if you still blindly subscribe to cold war-era opinions or blindly believe we're the good guys and they are not.

I was just stating a point.  Not my beliefs.  I typically along better with Russians better than I do with Brits.  It all does seem to be surreal to me though.

I wasn't ranting at you... sorry if it seemed that way. I'm conflicted about us not living up to our treaty agreements with them to not promote NATO on their doorstep, this missile shield mess, Georgia, et. al

When Putin threw the oligarchs out of Russia, the "west" turned on him. They were ripping Russia off blind, and had taken control of everything.

What Putin and Medvedev are guilty of I am not too sure but I suspect we have our own share of blame to consider.

I know Putin being former KGB is both a former enemy and a formidable leader but he seems more nationalistic than anything else. I can't blame him for that.

That said, Putin is pretty much a gangster, but a gangster who most likely loves his country.
I respect a crooked gangster who wants to better his country more than a Marxist who wants to destroy his own country.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

He's definitely a nationalist. Putin deserves credit for putting Russia back on the path toward being a major player on the international stage.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
None of his damn business.

This is the US. We can handle our own internal affairs. We don't need Russia, or any other foreign country, getting involved.

I don't like the current administration, I didn't like the last one, and I doubt I'll like the next, but I sure don't want any other governments messing with my government.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
This smells like divide and conquer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I think he watches FOX and wants to meet with Glen Beck.........

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top