Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Obama is anxious to cash in on his post-presidency speaking and consulting fees. He apparently doesn't even like being president.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I Personally know several leftists who have said presidential elections should be suspended and Obama should be president for life or he should be able to just pick his sucsessor. One of them is my grand mother. The things that come out of that womans mouth, She has pretty much said that she would give him dictatorship powers. She is not senile she is just a rabid liberal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
That would start the uprising.  He would no longer be viewed as the constitutionally legitimate leader of the nation.  I don't think much of the military and police would back him although some would.  It would definitely tear the country apart.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Ridiculous idea. The fundamental transformation is going just fine, there's no need to rock the boat with any third term shenanigans.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
2 ways - one if the federal election commission lets him get on the ticket, who would fight to get him removed from it.  Once he wins the general, who would try to enforce a supream court ruling against him.  That said, this supreme court has already said they are not responsible for the result of an election.

Of course the electoral college does not need to vote in a candidate - so that would short the process.

Then there is the issue with a succeeding VP.  While Obama is not ineligible to be elected for a third term - I don't think he is constitutionally ineligible from holding the office itself.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Obama is anxious to cash in on his post-presidency speaking and consulting fees. He apparently doesn't even like being president.
View Quote

+1 He's counting down the days when he can hand over the world's mess to somebody else, because he has no interest in having it blow up in his face.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tell me one damn thing Bush did that compares to the unConstitutional actions this creep has pulled?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This sounds just as retarded as when the left said the same about Bush.  

Tell me one damn thing Bush did that compares to the unConstitutional actions this creep has pulled?

It's retarded because it is utterly implausible. It would trigger a revolt, it's not fucking happening.

Is it your position he will? Want to put a substantial bet on this? I'm not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
What if the ATF decides to not be a bunch of turds? Might as well bring it up, since we're talking about things that will never happen.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's retarded because it is utterly implausible. It would trigger a revolt, it's not fucking happening.

Is it your position he will? Want to put a substantial bet on this? I'm not going anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Every one of my loony Facebook friends that insist on floating this idea (they have for years) never wants to put any real money on it.

They don't REALLY believe it either, which is what makes the whole conversation annoying.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Let's see, illegal amnesty, take over of the internet, banning ammo, nationalizing the police.

Thinking about raising taxes on his own, taking over 401k plans.

All this is COAST TO COAST/ ALEX JONES crazy stuff.

But most of it is happening.

Him trying to stay in office is not out of the question.

View Quote

This is basically my opinion, as well, now. People said the same things about clinton and bush not leaving when their terms were up. However, in the defense of both of them (yes, including clinton, too), neither clinton nor bush pulled the amount of bs that obama has done in his time in office.
ETA: I don't think obama has the stones to try it but, on the same token, I'm basically at the point of saying "Never say never" when it comes to obama and his narcissistic behavior.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#11]
you are under the dilution there would be an election.......... King 0bama will just name himself ruler,,,,,,  
Quoted:
Not even Theodore Roosevelt won a 3rd term, and he was far, far more popular than Obama. So, no.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Do Kings serve "terms"?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep............he is ready to make money on exalting himself to large audiences

Quoted:

+1 He's counting down the days when he can hand over the world's mess to somebody else, because he has no interest in having it blow up in his face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Unless something unexpected happens, they'll push Julian Castro before they risk upheaval with a third Obama term. However, the Obama VP idea is interesting.  Running as VP but with the acknowledgement that he would for all purposes be acting as President. I could see it being sold openly as necessary for him to continuing fixing a "broken system". Liberals would act like it was so clever and courageous. Obama's ego would love the idea of subverting the constitution so publicly. Plus, unless they can find a way to get him into the UN, he has nothing better to aspire to.

With what I've seen the past six years, it's really not much of a stretch. It also leverages much of their efforts into something so grandiosely perverse that many of the liberals I've encountered would probably shit themselves with enthusiasm.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rush is straight up retarded at this point. You realize that the Speaker of the House becomes the president on Jan 20 if nobody is elected, and the President stays, right?

View Quote

Your comments indicate you miss the point Limbaugh was making. The U.S. government has become unprincipled and strayed from its founding and the constitution. Everyone in government is either too self serving or two weak to actually hold any elected official or bureaucrat accountable to anything. Limbaugh's exercise was not one of paranoia about 0bama, it was a commentary on how really bad and lawless things are in the USA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cool, let's go
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I don't think this is going to happen, I don't think a revolt would happen either.  The vast majority (99%) would just go with it.
On the small chance that a revolt did occur, it would be crushed ruthlessly and quickly with no out cry from anyone.
I also think that everyone's belief in 'the law' is a little naive.  I think its been proven that "the law" is what is enforced.  What's being enforced right now?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#18]
He's been violating the Constitution openly and getting away with it so far. I mean the guy is like Teflon nothing ever sticks or slows him down.

The only thing keeping Obama from running for a third term is literally Obama. If he wanted to the Democrats and the media would make it happen all the bitching about Constitution this and that wouldn't mean jack shit.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, Boner, McConnell, and Roberts would shirley stop him. Shirley. We have been assured of this . . .
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your comments indicate you miss the point Limbaugh was making. The U.S. government has become unprincipled and strayed from its founding and the constitution. Everyone in government is either too self serving or two weak to actually hold any elected official or bureaucrat accountable to anything. Limbaugh's exercise was not one of paranoia about 0bama, it was a commentary on how really bad and lawless thing are in the USA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rush is straight up retarded at this point. You realize that the Speaker of the House becomes the president on Jan 20 if nobody is elected, and the President stays, right?

Your comments indicate you miss the point Limbaugh was making. The U.S. government has become unprincipled and strayed from its founding and the constitution. Everyone in government is either too self serving or two weak to actually hold any elected official or bureaucrat accountable to anything. Limbaugh's exercise was not one of paranoia about 0bama, it was a commentary on how really bad and lawless thing are in the USA.

It is pretty bad right now and the system can only take so much.

These idiots either don't care or don't realize that our society is based on that Constitution they're trashing. It's the frame work of our government and of our laws and without it the only thing keeping chaos at bay is force, which mean tyranny isn't far behind.  We keep going down the path we're on and it will either lead to anarchy or dictatorship.

The balance maintained by the Constitution is in real peril.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If the appropriate authorities failed to stop Obama from ruling for a third term, there are thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of patriots who would remove him at gunpoint from the White House.  I'd be among them.
View Quote

I didn't figure I was the only one thinking that.

"Don't makes us come up there, you won't like it if we do."
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#22]
"Shit, Negro ...", at this juncture we would almost endorse the notion - Pulp Fiction
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Boner and McConnell would run around pissing and moaning, gritting their teeth, but would rule out impeachment.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do not doubt Rusted's words. It is way more plausible than you might imagine. Both of my parents, four of my siblings, every single one of my nieces, every single aunt, most of my uncles, most of my cousins, and many friends would not raise a single eyebrow if Obama just unilaterally declared himself king and just said, "Fuck the Constitution." Not lift an eyebrow, let alone a finger. All the FSA 47 percent? Not an eyebrow raised among them.

What you all need to realize is that we are now in the post-Constitutional short-life of the United States of America. He has fundamentally changed the USA. He has.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep. Every one of my loony Facebook friends that insist on floating this idea (they have for years) never wants to put any real money on it.

They don't REALLY believe it either, which is what makes the whole conversation annoying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for the last month i've been offering to take two people up for $5k each that it won't happen.  not a single taker.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeahhh... there's not a snowball's chance in hell of this happening.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Que the Pmag popping meme.......it will definitely be Fo Time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure, they'll follow that just like they've followed the plain language of all those other laws....

Oh, wait...

I don't think he's stupid enough to do it.  I don't think he even *wants* to do it, although this would largely depend on what may or may not come to light after he's out of office.    If he does, there is a good chance the military will call bullshit.   If they don't, there will definitely be a fight.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Obama is too lazy to run for another term.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do not doubt Rusted's words. It is way more plausible than you might imagine. Both of my parents, four of my siblings, every single one of my nieces, every single aunt, most of my uncles, most of my cousins, and many friends would not raise a single eyebrow if Obama just unilaterally declared himself king and just said, "Fuck the Constitution." Not lift an eyebrow, let alone a finger. All the FSA 47 percent? Not an eyebrow raised among them.

What you all need to realize is that we are now in the post-Constitutional short-life of the United States of America. He has fundamentally changed the USA. He has.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably right, even though you can't spell "surely"
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I've said this from day one.  

if the king wants to stay, he will stay...  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#32]
AFRICA WINS AGAIN !!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As much of a cocksucking narcissist that he is...  he is still a puppet.  The Puppet Master has a shiny new puppet to replace O at the next 'election'.  It matters not who sits in the chair, the plan is in motion.
View Quote

We have a winner!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#34]
If it comes down to that we're all going to be in a civil war.  Be interesting to see what direction the Military would split up. I know it would split, but what commands would go to which side would be interesting.

Who leads the opposition though?   The Speaker Boehner?  Yeah, that doesn't give me warm fuzzes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly,  probably got three books written,  gonna be required reading in America's Highschools in 2017
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Watch Obama become the Secretary General of the United Nations.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Isn't martial law an exception to the normal electoral process?
View Quote

I don't think it can happen nationally under the current system.  

If they federalize all the police agencies like Obama apparently wants, it might be closer to reality though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not even Theodore Roosevelt won a 3rd term, and he was far, far more popular than Obama. So, no.
View Quote

And yet FDR was elected 4 times. A Progressive. Who sought to change up the status quo by expanding his executive powers.

All he really needs is his own Reichstag fire. Then he can just say "state of exception. We'll go back to what we were before when everything is ok".

It's 1932 baby!!! Living the dream!!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:06:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Isn't martial law an exception to the normal electoral process?
View Quote

It was always my understanding of how things work.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't think he wants to be there now.

He checked out after his last election.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

John Boehner and the Republican party won't do a damn thing. Obama has already shit on the US Constitution and the Republicans have done nothing.

It's like asking a woman if she would fuck you for a million dollars. At the point she says yes she is a whore, you are just negotiating the price. Boehner and the Republicans have said yes, we are just talking price.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Boner and McConnell would run around pissing and moaning, gritting their teeth, but would rule out impeachment.

What are they going to do shut down the government.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#45]
maybe he can be VP for Elizabeth Warren
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Would have been elected forever if he hadn't died.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And yet FDR was elected 4 times. A Progressive. Who sought to change up the status quo by expanding his executive powers.

Truth.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#48]
who would stop him?

No one in the current crop of limp dicks.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#49]
A "Talk Radio Show" is still show business.   The character "Rush Limbaugh" is just a guy with a huge staff of writers and producers that keep people listening so they can sell advertising. Just like any "reality show".
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess even Polio isn't all bad.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top