User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally posted by Smarty_pants

OMG! you are a BIG f*ing puss.
I would run you don't and make you take a shot at me.
I don't give people any crap but you guys hit your brakes 4 times,you asked for it.

You guys started the hole thing,so some Punk rides your butt big deal.
You can't just jerk somebody around and them take off if you get called out.

Anyway it sounds like you guys work in IT,something about your story just yells out COMPUTER GUY!
You guys shout just sick a battle bot on the guy or download a virus or what ever

PS:"Im sure everyone standing there
was scared to hell cause this is not something you expect to see in these wealthy suburbs"

No,only you and any other car baby nerds.
This guy did good I bet you will think before you mess with somebody on the freeway again.
[b][red]I would go to your house and kick the door in just to see you and your brother piss on each other.[/b][/red]
View Quote

Smarty Pants!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Don't sugar coat it bitch!

to ficken funny!!!!!
[beer]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well we exit the parkway and the guy pulls up next to us of course, and its an Afican American gentleman dressed up in his ghetto garb.  He is like you motha f*** blah blah.  Well we looked away but made eye contact unfortunately, he gets out of his car, and starts making his way to the drivers door but this guy looks like he could have a gun, probably somehow got lost and took a wrong turn out of tha hood.
View Quote

I do have questions about your story.

What is ghetto garb, other than the way half of the teenagers dress now a days?

What makes him look like he could have a gun? Because he's black?

Very seldom are "gangstas" so brazen outside of the hood. If he had been armed, he more than likely would have flashed it and moved on. Why would you think he would have just ran up to your windows and started blasting in front of a bunch of suburbanite witnesses?

Why didn't you drive to a police station? You could just drive slow enough to time the lights, or draw the attention of a patrol officer. If it is a wealthy suburb, then I'm sure there were plenty around.

What I get out of this, is you and your brother decided to fuck with a solitary black man who may very well have been tailgating. What you didn't expect, is that he would try to confront two white guys in broad daylight.

If your story is true, which I doubt, then your brother instigated the incident.

I bet you both shit your racist pants!
View Quote

The one thing I hate more that cary baby,misfit,geeks that can't deal with crap they start is a cary baby black guy that trys to make anything that has to do with another black guy about them.

After 30years of commie bull shit the word racist is use the same way the word nigger is used,to piss people off and disrespect them.
Don't be a cry baby knee jerk the little wuss gave the guy's race in the story one time the rest could be about anybody,like you said lots of kids look that way today and lots of them live in the "hood" as well.
View Quote

Read the story again before you start shooting your mouth off!

[b]"Just as the woman gets out of the way, we accelerate quickly and get away from LL Cooljay,"[/b]

If you can't get his disposition out of his story, may I suggest some reading comprehension classes! And maybe some spelling also.

Just how do you think you can determine my race by my reply? Better check your (race determining) equipment.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=134943&page=2[/url]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I did not determin anything other them you being a smart ass commie or a smart ass black guy.

And LL cooljay acts like a damn fool if I want to call somebody a fool I may say he is a LL Cool jay.
Come on the guy calls him self LL Cooljay of God's sake!

You can suggest anything you want to but my  comprehension of was in the post is fine it's want you read in to it that makes you an ass

BTW:did I spell ass right[;)]

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#4]
IBTL hehehe, for future reference, [red] never, ever denote a race when you have a gripe or when relating a story. Too many feathers in this peacock.[/red]

-still laughing about them pissing on each other; heheh
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did not determin anything other them you being a smart ass commie or a smart ass black guy.

And LL cooljay acts like a damn fool if I want to call somebody a fool I may say he is a LL Cool jay.
Come on the guy calls him self LL Cooljay of God's sake!

You can suggest anything you want to but my  comprehension of was in the post is fine it's want you read in to it that makes you an ass

BTW:did I spell ass right[;)]

View Quote

[b]"Just as the woman gets out of the way, we accelerate quickly and get away from LL Cooljay,"[/b]

Read it again when you are sober[beer]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy was a jerk, no doubt about it!  The brake lights MAY have provoked him but it doesn't really matter.  The jerk was looking for trouble and wanting to harrass whitey.  Too bad you couldn't introduce him to Mr. Colt and provide some education for the poor MF.

Your pride will heal.  Poor pair of feet that can't carry a man to safety!  It is sometimes hard to swallow your pride and avoid the direct confrontation whether armed or naked.  None the less, being defenseless, you did the right thing.  Let it teach a valuable lesson - always have SOME form of defense.  Starting from poor - a phone - to very good - a gun.  Anything is better than nothing; decide for yourself what is enough.
View Quote

Thanks for the words, everyone else also.  I rally dont want to start some race war here, but I really do think that race played a part in what happened.  Ever notice how so much of music and other aspects of black culture is directed at violence, especially towards white people?  I get the feeling that they think they are at war with white people.  Geez, my great grandfather won a Purple Heart in the Civil War fighting for their freedom, thanks for the gratitude.  I love my country more than any other, but having recently spent a few months in Europe, I realize that maybe the only way to get away from this violent race conflict is to just leave.  I met a few black people in Britain, and it was an eye-opening experience.  They speak with a British accent, identical to a white persons accent, and they dont want to kill whitey.  They arent pissed off about being enslaved 150 years ago.

The point I'm trying to make is that black culture in this country has some serious hangups directed at white people, and its only making problems worse for them because white people ARE afraid of them.  I just took a geography course last semester and learned about the whole phenomenon of "white flight" and how it has been one of the biggest influences on American society and stuff.  White people can't be a little afraid of blacks and also be %100 trusting at the same time.  I dont know what our country is going to do to get totally over this thing.  Well not Im ranting.
View Quote

I don't know about you but I don't know a single black man that was enslaved for 150 years. I have never met a single person that was enslaved period.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The geek calls somebody LL Cooljay and he is a racist?
You need to rething who should  spend some time SOBER.[:\]

If our going to stake your point on that one line then i must "determin" better that you think.
Originally Posted By smarty_pants"cry baby knee jerk"

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The geek calls somebody LL Cooljay and he is a racist?
You need to rething who should  spend some time SOBER.[:\]

If our going to stake your point on that one line then i must "determin" better that you think.
Originally Posted By smarty_pants"cry baby knee jerk"

View Quote

The line was put in to show where you were wrong when you said he only mentioned race once!

Now put your drink down, rub your eyes, and read his subsequent post.

[b]Originally posted by ChuckYeager
"Thanks for the words, everyone else also. I rally dont want to start some race war here, but I really do think that race played a part in what happened. Ever notice how so much of music and other aspects of black culture is directed at violence, especially towards white people? I get the feeling that they think they are at war with white people. Geez, my great grandfather won a Purple Heart in the Civil War fighting for their freedom, thanks for the gratitude. I love my country more than any other, but having recently spent a few months in Europe, I realize that maybe the only way to get away from this violent race conflict is to just leave. I met a few black people in Britain, and it was an eye-opening experience. They speak with a British accent, identical to a white persons accent, and they dont want to kill whitey. They arent pissed off about being enslaved 150 years ago.

The point I'm trying to make is that black culture in this country has some serious hangups directed at white people, and its only making problems worse for them because white people ARE afraid of them. I just took a geography course last semester and learned about the whole phenomenon of "white flight" and how it has been one of the biggest influences on American society and stuff. White people can't be a little afraid of blacks and also be %100 trusting at the same time. I dont know what our country is going to do to get totally over this thing. Well not Im ranting."[/b]

Now I will say good night to you because I am not going to sit here and argue with someone who is obviously either inebriated or mildly retarded.  [whacko]

Edited for syntax
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually I have witnessed and been part of many road rage incidents where the higher percentage are white people than black people.
And I live in the St. Louis area. Whitey could have just as easily gotten out of his car and kicked the shit out of both of you. Would the color of your skin make a difference to him? Or some little crippled up granny could have walked up to your car and blasted both of you with a .44 Magnum. There are more people, psychos, and freaks that do not know how to control their emotions and anger running around today than you can ever imagine. If you like the increased odds that are not in your favor, then keep on playing the game. I hear what happens to people like you on the news almost every day, somewhere in this country. Its all a matter of being in the right place at the right time. And sooner or later it is going to happen to you, especially if you provoke the situation. Hell, you can drive somewhere and you do not even have to provoke them and sooner or later you are going to piss someone off.  You guys created the whole problem right from the start. Quit your damn whiney ass crying, and be men, better yet, be civilized men. If you 2 little girls were scared of 1 man, then heaven help both of you through this journey we call life. Do not start shit that you can not finish. And all you simple minded asses that think you can always pull out your gun to equalize your problems, your going to be the reasons that the 2nd amendment will be abolished.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Chuck,

You guys did some things right...(trying to avoid the crazy bastard) and some things REAL wrong...(like hitting your brakes in the first place.)

Listen up neighbor, you need to do a couple of things to stay safe:`

-IF you are legally able to do so, get yourself a concealed carry permit.  If you aren't already well trained in the correct and SAFE use of a firearm...attend training classes and learn your handgun well.  When you are really ready...CARRY THE DAMN THING.

-If you do decide to arm yourself, avoid trouble at all costs when you are carrying.  The LAST thing you want is a shooting.  As has already be stated here, if you had been packing and you had shot the POS, it would most likely have gone badly for you in court.  Based upon what you have told us, you didn't break the critical threshold of a righteous shooting.  In fact, Virginia law states:
"[b][i]Justifiable homicide in self-defense occurs where a person, without [red]any fault[/red]in provoking or bringing on difficulty, kills another under reasonable apprehension of death or great bodily harm to himself."

"In these several kinds of justifiable homicide, it may be observed, that the slayer is in no kind of fault whatsoever, not even in the minutest degree; and is therefore to be totally acquitted and discharged, with commendation [:D] rather than blame."[/i][/b] (Don't you just love Virginia law?)

So you see...if you were at fault in any way for the confrontation that led to the POS getting his justly deserved bullet...you are going to be in deep doo-doo and probably headed for the greybar hotel.

-Get a cope of "The Virginia Gun Owners Guide" by Korwin and Maniscalco.  It's a great source of info on the carrying of a concealed weapon here...and it very carefully explains when you can shoot and when you should NOT.

-Have your cell phone on and ready.

Driving away and remaining as passive as possible was the best tactic.  It is even more important if you are ever armed, since you now have someone's life in your hands.

Finally, of course race played a part in this...but so what.  You need to be prepared for this sort of thing.

[soapbox]
View Quote

Virginia must have some very strange laws then.

In the rest of the US, a passenger in a vheicle cannot be held responsible for something the driver did. Drivers, however are responsible for what their passengers do.

It was not Chucks fault that his brother started the problem. He wasn't driving. To prosecute Chuck for a shooting they would have to prove that he was in some way responsible for instigating the fight. Or that he and his brother conspired to entrap someone. Or that they had never been just minding their own business but had really been crusing for someone to shoot.

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#11]
A coward dies a thousand deaths....a hero dies once.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyway it sounds like you guys work in IT,something about your story just yells out COMPUTER GUY!
View Quote

You called?????
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Geez, my great grandfather won a Purple Heart in the Civil War fighting for their freedom, thanks for the gratitude.
View Quote

Geez, I didn't know they awarded the Purple Heart during the Civil War
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Now I will say good night to you because I am not going to sit here and argue with someone who is obviously either inebriated or mildly retarded.  [whacko]

Edited for syntax
View Quote

You have a very chicken shit way of picking apart the geeks posts to make a point.

Like the OTHER post you try to use to show racism is after others posts talk about race.
LL Cooljay is not a race,somebody that lives in the "hood' has nothing to do with race and the fact that there are alot of black people that can't stand whites and talking about it is not racism.

Read over the first post and see if you still want to push your crap.

"African American" one damn time.
I'm I still wrong or do you want everybody to see who the hell is retarded?

A "subsequent post" was not what I was taking about,the first post was not about race the subsequent was.
You are knee jerk and everything that is wrong with people today.
The guy was even PC about it and called the nut an "African American"

Now on the other hand you start off with crap like"What makes him look like he could have a gun? Because he's black?"

What the hell is that,that has to be the most chicken shit thing ever said.
Maybe he does not think it's was because he was black maybe what he was telling us was that he hoped he did not have a gun because he was  after them.

And what is this"What I get out of this, is you and your brother decided to fuck with a solitary black man who may very well
                       have been tailgating. What you didn't expect, is that he would try to confront two white guys in broad
                       daylight."

What you get out of it?
Anybody that needs to spin to make a point is full of shit!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Geez, my great grandfather won a Purple Heart in the Civil War fighting for their freedom, thanks for the gratitude.quote]

View Quote

You have to know this guy is full of crap.
It's fun to fight it out with commie trolls but this was BS from the start.
I bet Chuck thinks it's as funny as hell(and he is right)
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:12:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Slowing down is absolutly the best thing you can do for a tailgater. He will have incentive to pass. Slowing down/speeding up slowing down repeatedly would be silly.

Two white guys running from one black man the size of Michael Jackson would have been funny to see.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Hmmm, I've had several road rage incidents.  One of the more entertaining ones happened a few years ago.  Some jackass runs a stop sign causing me to slam on brakes to avpid hitting him.  He get's pissed when I honked at him and stops.  His car is blocking my path and he gets out looking to kick some ass.  I proceed to slam the gas stopping just short of crushing him against his car.  Sure was nice to see that tough guy facial expression melt away.  He gets in his car and leaves.  Never forget that a car is a deadly weapon; more deadly than a gun.  If the situation warrants it, use your car as a weapon.  Given then number of unprovoked road rage incidents I seen and experience lately, I think its about time to get my CCW just so I can drive with a gun.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:44:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

IIRC, it is a medal George Washington came up with and has been around a lot longer than the Civil War.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Instead of concentrating on the how horrible the other guy was, you need to concentrate on your actions.  You can not change his behavior, so work on changing yours.  Be prepared next time.  Your worst mistakes took place even before you got in the car.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Slowing down is absolutly the best thing you can do for a tailgater. He will have incentive to pass. Slowing down/speeding up slowing down repeatedly would be silly.

Two white guys running from one black man the size of Michael Jackson would have been funny to see.
View Quote

The guy was average height, but built well.  My bro and I are both 6'7". But being 6'7" doesnt mean bullets dont hurt me.  IMHO, the person who wins a fight is the guy who wants to win.  I had no incentive to mess with this total stranger, whereas the guy seems pretty enraged.  And like I said before, I didnt start the situation, my brother did.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Chuck,

You guys did some things right...(trying to avoid the crazy bastard) and some things REAL wrong...(like hitting your brakes in the first place.)

Listen up neighbor, you need to do a couple of things to stay safe:`

-IF you are legally able to do so, get yourself a concealed carry permit.  If you aren't already well trained in the correct and SAFE use of a firearm...attend training classes and learn your handgun well.  When you are really ready...CARRY THE DAMN THING.

-If you do decide to arm yourself, avoid trouble at all costs when you are carrying.  The LAST thing you want is a shooting.  As has already be stated here, if you had been packing and you had shot the POS, it would most likely have gone badly for you in court.  Based upon what you have told us, you didn't break the critical threshold of a righteous shooting.  In fact, Virginia law states:
"[b][i]Justifiable homicide in self-defense occurs where a person, without [red]any fault[/red]in provoking or bringing on difficulty, kills another under reasonable apprehension of death or great bodily harm to himself."

"In these several kinds of justifiable homicide, it may be observed, that the slayer is in no kind of fault whatsoever, not even in the minutest degree; and is therefore to be totally acquitted and discharged, with commendation [:D] rather than blame."[/i][/b] (Don't you just love Virginia law?)

So you see...if you were at fault in any way for the confrontation that led to the POS getting his justly deserved bullet...you are going to be in deep doo-doo and probably headed for the greybar hotel.

-Get a cope of "The Virginia Gun Owners Guide" by Korwin and Maniscalco.  It's a great source of info on the carrying of a concealed weapon here...and it very carefully explains when you can shoot and when you should NOT.

-Have your cell phone on and ready.

Driving away and remaining as passive as possible was the best tactic.  It is even more important if you are ever armed, since you now have someone's life in your hands.

Finally, of course race played a part in this...but so what.  You need to be prepared for this sort of thing.

[soapbox]
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback, and I will look into getting a copy of that book.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Call it what you will, but in situations such as this it is both a wise move, and the legal requirement, to make every reasonable attempt to retreat from the danger...please note that I said "reasonable". In the final analysis, guess who will decide...after the fact...just what was "reasonable"? The legal standard for dfending yourself on the street is not the same as doing so in your own home. For those who have never seen it in action up close and personal, the "justice" system is a fickle, quirky Bitch that can turn on you in a second.

You think you are going to be hailed as a Hero? You think the police, the prosecutors and the Grand Jury are all gonna think you are wonderful? You think the newspapers and television stations are going to be praising your manly behavior for "refusing to be a victim"? Most likely NOT. Clue...this is the kind of case that can launch a prosecutor into big time politics.

There will be real blood on the street...real cops showing up on scene with guns drawn...real  detectives asking serious questions to which you had better have some real good answers. Yeah, you can refuse to speak without your lawyer present, but you ain't going anywhere except into a holding cell until he gets there, and almost certainly won't be released until you have seen a judge.

There will be real consequences for your actions
in many ways, not all having to do with the legal system, although there is where it will start. The bills from your attorney for his/her work on the potential criminal and civil actions alone may be enough to bankrupt you. You very probably will lose your job, possibly your home, there is a strong possibility for divorce, and your kids may lose their chances for college. The "fallout" from an incident such as this can...and often does...last for years. None of it is very good.

Oh yeah, a "Road Rage" shooting with "Racist" overtones is JUST what you should be itching to get involved in! Even better...light the guy up with an "assault rifle" when he is unarmed!

A few  tips...whoever makes the first call to 911 is usually considered by responding officers, at least upon arrival, to be the "victim"...carry a cell phone and be sure YOU make that first call; try to use some sort of lower level of force such as pepper spray before you escalate to firearms; verbalize..."get away"..."stop"..."stay back"...etc. Be sure witnesses (and there WILL be witnesses!) hear you making the effort to resolve things without violence. Play for your audience...you will be glad you did.

The only thing worse than being involved in something like this that ends in a shooting...even a justified one...is being involved in it and not surviving.
View Quote

thanks for the feedback
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top