View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Report: US Gas Prices Could Double Soon, Amid Potential Supply Shortage

Some gas stations across the country are already bracing for the Next Big Thing involving surging fuel prices, namely the price per gallon potentially exceeding $10.00.

For other stations, however, there might be no product left to sell at the pumps.

Throughout eastern Washington, according to a Post Millennial report, gas stations are running out of fuel.

In the Tri-Cities region of Kennewick, Pasco, and West Richland, customers are reportedly pulling up to pumps ... only to find no gas available for purchase.

In fact, a local Facebook group has already identified 10 state stations that are currently out of fuel.

This current shortage mainly accounts for regular unleaded and premium gasolines; but the diesel supply is also in short supply, according to reports.

With the supply seemingly shrinking, and demand going way up, that naturally leads to higher fuel prices.

A "76" gas station in Auburn, Washington has already begun reprogramming its pumps to "make room" for double-digit pricing, according to the Post.

In the report, a 76 spokesperson confirmed the national gas chain was reprogramming the functionality of its pumps, while also falling short of predicting gas prices would rise that high.

Back in January 2021, the final month of former President Donald Trump's tenure in the White House, the average price of gas was $2.41 per gallon  with some states even reporting gas at less than $2 per gallon.

In the aftermath, though, coinciding with President Joe Biden taking office, fuel prices have skyrocketed in America.

How large are the increases? According to GasBuddy.com, a site which tracks gasoline prices throughout the world, only one state Oklahoma ($3.98 per gallon) has a per-gallon price below $4 right now; and six states  Oregon, Alaska, Washington, Nevada, Hawaii, and California  have average prices at $5.04 or higher.

From a national perspective, the U.S. reportedly set a new record high last week, posting an average range of $4.43 per gallon. According to AAA, that's a 35-cent increase from April ... and a $1.43 per-gallon hike since May 2021.

According to CBS News, premium gas now averages $5.07, up from $3.62 a year ago, while diesel has jumped from $3.15 to $5.56 a gallon over that same period.

Consequently, the seemingly exorbitant prices for gas and food, among other necessary staples, have contributed to America experiencing 40-year highs with inflation.

The Biden administration lists "inflation" as one of its highest priorities right now. But last week, the White House also canceled oil lease deals in Alaska  reportedly covering 1 million acres within the state.

This prompted Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, to tweet in response.

"Joe Biden just canceled a 1-million-plus acre oil lease in Alaska.

"It's like they're intentionally trying to have high gas prices."

Newsmax
It will get real when the white house, congress etc sees large mobs outside waiting to rip them apart.

Short of that ? Keep enjoying bites of the shit sandwich

Never happen lmao

Cannot afford the gas to get to DC.

Residents of DC are just as shitty as the politicians

They are worse.

I have met one person ever I have ever liked that lives in DC. The whole city is just a pure shithole.

Inb4 but muh Smithsonian
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Newsmax
View Quote

“LIKE” ? It’s intentional?

IT IS INTENTIONAL!!

Wake the fuck up!

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We need states to start saying "fuck this, let's go drilling "
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting. I filled up as I was leaving the tri-cities area on Sunday without issue and while I dont remember the price per gallon, it was under $5.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are worse.

I have met one person ever I have ever liked that lives in DC. The whole city is just a pure shithole.

Inb4 but muh Smithsonian
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some gas stations across the country are already bracing for the Next Big Thing involving surging fuel prices, namely the price per gallon potentially exceeding $10.00.

For other stations, however, there might be no product left to sell at the pumps.

Throughout eastern Washington, according to a Post Millennial report, gas stations are running out of fuel.

In the Tri-Cities region of Kennewick, Pasco, and West Richland, customers are reportedly pulling up to pumps ... only to find no gas available for purchase.

In fact, a local Facebook group has already identified 10 state stations that are currently out of fuel.

This current shortage mainly accounts for regular unleaded and premium gasolines; but the diesel supply is also in short supply, according to reports.

With the supply seemingly shrinking, and demand going way up, that naturally leads to higher fuel prices.

A "76" gas station in Auburn, Washington has already begun reprogramming its pumps to "make room" for double-digit pricing, according to the Post.

In the report, a 76 spokesperson confirmed the national gas chain was reprogramming the functionality of its pumps, while also falling short of predicting gas prices would rise that high.

Back in January 2021, the final month of former President Donald Trump's tenure in the White House, the average price of gas was $2.41 per gallon  with some states even reporting gas at less than $2 per gallon.

In the aftermath, though, coinciding with President Joe Biden taking office, fuel prices have skyrocketed in America.

How large are the increases? According to GasBuddy.com, a site which tracks gasoline prices throughout the world, only one state Oklahoma ($3.98 per gallon) has a per-gallon price below $4 right now; and six states  Oregon, Alaska, Washington, Nevada, Hawaii, and California  have average prices at $5.04 or higher.

From a national perspective, the U.S. reportedly set a new record high last week, posting an average range of $4.43 per gallon. According to AAA, that's a 35-cent increase from April ... and a $1.43 per-gallon hike since May 2021.

According to CBS News, premium gas now averages $5.07, up from $3.62 a year ago, while diesel has jumped from $3.15 to $5.56 a gallon over that same period.

Consequently, the seemingly exorbitant prices for gas and food, among other necessary staples, have contributed to America experiencing 40-year highs with inflation.

The Biden administration lists "inflation" as one of its highest priorities right now. But last week, the White House also canceled oil lease deals in Alaska  reportedly covering 1 million acres within the state.

Newsmax
It will get real when the white house, congress etc sees large mobs outside waiting to rip them apart.

Short of that ? Keep enjoying bites of the shit sandwich

Never happen lmao

They are worse.

Inb4 but muh Smithsonian

That's pretty low
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll just hold my breath waiting for literally any form of government to "pause" gas taxes to help their constitutes through these tough times.
View Quote

The new Republican majority in the VA HoD passed a bill suspending the gas tax, Youngkin said get it to his desk, but the Louise Lucas’ leftist controlled state senate voted it down.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting. I filled up as I was leaving the tri-cities area on Sunday without issue and while I dont remember the price per gallon, it was under $5.
View Quote

Dfw went from 4.10 to 4.40 today
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ammo, Food, batteries, Ammo, CLP, plates, non-perishables, make friends with people that live near FT Braag…….all of these things should be high on your list
View Quote

I think I like you.

Add secure off-grid communications systems to that list. Make friends with your neighbors, too. You don't want to be a lone wolf for what's coming.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
at least there's no more mean tweets
View Quote

That IS the most important thing.
Ya know, feelings are reality.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Bidens going to limit gas prices so greedy oil companies can price gouge. Surely that will solve the problem
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#12]
There was gas at the Maverick in Richland this afternoon.  Everyone local I talked today has not seen stations out of fuel.  I have not heard of any delivery disruptions (most fuel in the area is barged up the Columbia River to Pasco and delivered by truck.  

Also the Tri-Cities region is Kennewick, Pasco, Richland.  West Richland is a bedroom community adjacent to Richland.

No disagreement that the increased prices suck and Biden's actions have done nothing but increase prices, but I question the news stories accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]
lol
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's hard not to believe the rich and connected aren't trying to get the last few bucks for themselves before the whole thing goes off the rails and implodes, on purpose...
View Quote

I called it months ago. Probably one or two more huge "stimulus" bills and then the house of cards falls...
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We need states to start saying "fuck this, let's go drilling "
View Quote
Thats kind of what I'm hoping at some point states and companies just defy this administration and start doing stuff.  The free market will determine our energy direction.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

NeverTrumpers = DeepStaters

they love their tyranny and think we should all suffer with them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see the NeverTrumpers are on here loudly condemning the current administration and its actions. Oh wait they are busy shoehorning Trump into other threads.

NeverTrumpers = DeepStaters

they love their tyranny and think we should all suffer with them

They can go straight to hell all by themselves.

I refuse to be dragged along and I assume most Americans feel the same way!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll just ride my bike to work. Suckas
View Quote

Do you think all the trucks/trains/planes that get our food and other goods to the store will also convert to bicycles?

Consumer gasoline prices are only the tip of the iceberg.  ALL goods depend on petroleum-based fuel to get to the store OR to your door.  Guess what happens when the fuel costs of those transports double?

10% inflation will look like a walk in the park and we'll look back at early 2022 as "the good ol days"
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#18]
They don't know how high it's going to go. They do know they are going to raise it however high it takes to completely break the country.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll just hold my breath waiting for literally any form of government to "pause" gas taxes to help their constitutes through these tough times.
View Quote

DeSantis is about to suspended Florida's gas tax.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Fucking fuckers in DC
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you think all the trucks/trains/planes that get our food and other goods to the store will also convert to bicycles?

Consumer gasoline prices are only the tip of the iceberg.  ALL goods depend on petroleum-based fuel to get to the store OR to your door.  Guess what happens when the fuel costs of those transports double?

10% inflation will look like a walk in the park and we'll look back at early 2022 as "the good ol days"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 30%+ inflation that is actually happens is about to be child's play.

Get paid at noon and spend your money.  Get paid at 5 and spend your money.  Like Argentina we will need cartels to smuggle toilet paper to us too
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Just filled up my truck and gas for the mower.
West of Cleveland~

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There was gas at the Maverick in Richland this afternoon.  Everyone local I talked today has not seen stations out of fuel.  I have not heard of any delivery disruptions (most fuel in the area is barged up the Columbia River to Pasco and delivered by truck.  

Also the Tri-Cities region is Kennewick, Pasco, Richland.  West Richland is a bedroom community adjacent to Richland.

No disagreement that the increased prices suck and Biden's actions have done nothing but increase prices, but I question the news stories accuracy.
View Quote

No shortage noticed on the WA wet side, but gas is up about 30 - 40 cents in the last week or so.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plus the US Military would be used to fire on any protestor - and the Media Entertainment Complex would tell you how correct this was.  Miley would gladly give the order to shoot US civilians, in return for a 5th star.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm waiting for the motherfuckers to try and force price controls on the petroleum industry, thereby sealing our fate.  Gas and diesel will go poof, gone suckers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and this

and roof koreans

lots of us willl become roof koreans

I really wish my mom listened to me last year when i told her to sell her house and get out of her small city ( 3 supermarkets withing walkingf distance ) and the neighborhood has gone ot shit

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Is it time to break out my Mad Max costume yet?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The democrats want to destroy the economy in the name of climate change utter dependency forever. Here it comes
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I want to either be a Pole Cat, or the dude with football shoulder pads with spikes.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

We've got a woman running for governor here who's pledged to freeze all state gas taxes on day one if she's elected.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nation is screaming "Fuck Joe Biden" but the news refuses to pay attention.

Let's see just where 10 dollar a gallon gas gets us and whether the issue will still be ignored.

View Quote

The news is bought and paid for, basically a arm of the government at this point.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#33]
$0.30 gas tax suspension isn't going to mean shit when gas is $10/gallon
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We've got a woman running for governor here who's pledged to freeze all state gas taxes on day one if she's elected.

View Quote

Is she a Democrat, if not, no chance to win in OR.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#35]
No biggie. Xiden will simply empty the SPR and bring prices down 7 cents for about 8 days.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
$0.30 gas tax suspension isn't going to mean shit when gas is $10/gallon
View Quote

It's $0.38 here, but that doesn't change the fact that you're 100% right.  

And if anyone here thinks that when gas purchases by gallon get cut in half as people are simply priced out of the dream of gasoline ownership that their state won't crank up gas taxes to offset the drop, you're crazy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Is she a Democrat, if not, no chance to win in OR.
View Quote

Yeah, if I gave the impression that I felt she was going to be our next governor, I apologize for misleading you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#38]
lol fuck
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's hard not to believe the rich and connected aren't trying to get the last few bucks for themselves before the whole thing goes off the rails and implodes, on purpose...

This

Your dollars are worth Half of what they were pre-covid.   Stimmy Checks, PP, QE, endless unemployment, welfare, and counterfeiting of our currency.  

Respectfully; What did you think was going to happen?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#42]
If the gas stations have no fuel at all this summer there will be less dangerous fires at the riots than if they were well stocked and full of gas & city folk won’t be able to loot from farm fields as easily in gangs. Part of the Great Reset plan

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunately that requires calorie intake increasing
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#44]
$10 a gallon, state and local budgets start getting blown.

Emergency services stop working.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#45]
It just went up 30 cents two hours ago here.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

The cool part about a collapse is we don't need to go to work anymore lmao
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Agree, the MSM will let us know it is needed or the whole world will go over a cliff in X or XX years (pick a number).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The democrats want to destroy the economy in the name of climate change. Here it comes

Agree, the MSM will let us know it is needed or the whole world will go over a cliff in X or XX years (pick a number).

If you lose your house and your family is homeless and starving, it’s worth it if it helps Ukraine slightly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#48]
No way this country survives $8
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#49]
I am in Oklahoma, gas today in my AO hit $4.50 per gallon.

Fuck biden
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Martial law then confiscating fuel (yours)
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top