Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
  I have traveled across the country for job interviews and was never reimbursed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I had two on-site interviews and then a PCS for my current job, HR was pissed that I did not submit claims for the three trips.  I was 45 minutes away for school for the first two, and moved two hours using a uhaul trailer and my SUV for the second so my total expenses were $35 rental + mileage.  I told them it wasn't worth my time to do the paperwork, which blew their minds.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I traveled 1 hour each way twice to interview at the same place. They reimbursed me for travel both time, then asked me to go on a ride-along w/ another salesman and paid me cash for the day.

This was for a route sales position.
Speed
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:56:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Hotel and flight yes.

incidentals? I wouldn't even submit them for reimbursement.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#5]
For "white collar" jobs, it's the standard. I'm being flown to sweden twice right now for interviews with a company, no way I'd pay for that!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
One job interview I paid my own gasoline but got a free deer hunt in South Texas out of the deal for 3 days. One interview they paid for the airfare they offered to fly the whole family out and pay for them to see local attractions/stuff while I interviewed but I was single so it didn't really matter.

Both times I got money for travel they paid for meals as well, but most meals were with the people who were hiring/owner etc...Do an interview during the day and go out to eat at night and talk business.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I applied in Long Island for a field service job. The company covered 100% of the cost
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been paid for all of mine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
We reimburse all travel expenses for out of state candidates.

In state, would depend the position and how far you had to come.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top