Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Former coworker made AMAZING spam musubi.  Mmmm... I want some now
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Hormel Tamales in a can. In the skillet with butter n eggs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What else am I missing fella’s?
View Quote

Definitely not sodium.

But yeah, those are tasty treats once in a while.  Grew up on that though lol!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Black pepper spam is awesome.   Haven't been able to find it in awhile.  I'm stocking up next time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I am not a great lover of spam but I can eat it.

I just bought a case of 12 cans to have as emergency hurricane rations.  I try to have at least a months supply of food in the house at any one time.  If we don't eat our hurricane supplies before they get out of date we usually give them to the church's food bank.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Cut thin, fry crispy, put on toasted bread with cheese and an egg.  It makes a great sandwich.  I prefer Mayo on the sandwich, but mustard works as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#7]
After doing the hickory and the bacon, I doubt I'll ever go back to the original.

Those two are all I buy now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
GF recently made a meatloaf using ground beef and chorizo-flavored Spam.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#9]
like the bacon, and the teryaki is great. havent seen much of either on the shelf lately
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Hot and Spicy Spam is my favorite variety, with the Hickory Smoked coming in close second.

You can make some pretty awesome quarantine tacos with the Hot and Spicy.  Cube it up, fry it up, and lay it on some tortillas with some rice, cheese, and salsa.  Maybe slap on some refried beans too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spam was unobtanium at one point during the China flu panic. Is it widely available now or has the post-election panic affected it again?
View Quote

The original Spam is back in stock at most places but some of the other flavors are still hard to find.

The individual serving size Spam sealed in a pouch is still hit or miss.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Came here to post basically this. SodiYUM!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like spam sliced about 3/8" thick and fried in a skillet nice and slow until it has a nice crust.

Came here to post basically this. SodiYUM!

We like the low sodium spam. The regular is just too salty for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#14]
While very tasty, Spam is REALLY high in sodium.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
mmmm salty salted salt pork
View Quote

Awesome after a day of many miles sweating under a backpack.  Cook it on a flat stone next to an open fire and your salt craved body thinks its the feast of kings.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Spam is the best thing ever to be put fried rice.  That incredible spam flavor permeates all the other ingredients and it is good stuff.
View Quote

Came here to post this...Spam fried rice is something awesome.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thin sliced fry it till crisp white bread yellow mustard and hot sauce
View Quote

Throw a slice of onion on it and it’s really good

When I went to Hawaii I discovered their love for Spam, and Spam stir fry is excellent
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Tinned fish is a great shelf stable item.  Kipper snacks on a bagel with cream cheese & capers is tasty.  I also mix a tin of kippers in with the salmon for salmon patties.  Sardine sandwiches with greens, pickled red onion & Japanese mayo on toast.  Mmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fried Spam is quite tasty with eggs and hash browns in the morning
View Quote

Just are that for supper
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Deviled ham is a little rich, but not bad to have around
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Love Spam, but limit it to once or twice a month.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#23]
High quality protein and fats, calorically dense and shelf stable.

The “less sodium” variant has chicken “pink slime” added, so I will use that up and return to pure pig.

Also a fan of corned beef hash. Costco has #10 cans.

Good to add to the survival battery food.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#24]
The other night I tried Walmart's bacon "spam" but didnt really notice a pronounced bacon or smoky flavor.

Does the hormel Bacon Spam have a decent bacon flavor?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#25]
mmmm Spam...

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Cube up a can of spam, brown it in a sauce pan. Add pork and beans, and heat thoroughly. You are welcome. One pan meal, cheap and filling.
View Quote

Cubed Spam (regular) tossed into Rice-a-Roni spanish rice when you add the water ...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Pork fried rice, topped with a thick slice of spam, and a over easy fried egg. The best.

We love spam in my house. I grew up with it, but it has gotten crazy expensive over the years.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Spam was unobtanium at one point during the China flu panic. Is it widely available now or has the post-election panic affected it again?
View Quote
Even then, you could order it on Amazon and math on a flat was $2.48, same as Costco price.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I love Spam.  Need to try the black pepper and the chorizo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Probably haven't eaten Spam in 30 years. Will have to check some out next grocery trip.

That canned corned beef hash though, it's been a constant through my whole life. My usual method is scrape that 'dog food' out of the can, smash it flat in a skillet and let it go. Once it gets a crispy bottom, I'll drop a couple raw eggs on top and cover it till the eggs are something like over easy. Usually just eat it right out of the skillet, hot sauce and lots of fresh ground pepper.
View Quote

Monica
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Per lb it's more expensive than ribeye
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Musubi.  Be jealous.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Cut thin, fry crispy, put on toasted bread with cheese and an egg.  It makes a great sandwich.  I prefer Mayo on the sandwich, but mustard works as well.
View Quote
This, but add bacon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Spam with Mac and cheese
Fried spam and eggs
Spam and grilled cheese sandwiches
Spam stir fry (spam with various garden veggies is excellent eating)

Spam is a very versatile and tasty food prep.  Stack it deep and rotate it through your regular meals.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Fried Spam chunks in a baked potato, covered with cheese and a fried egg. Yum.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Turkey Spam? Who thought up that abomination?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I can only tolerate the less sodium version. That being said, I like to cubed it into 1/4” chunks and fried until crispy. Then add it to scrambled eggs with some hot sauce. MasterRace.
ETA- Potted meat, mayo and sweet pickle relish. YES!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I've only had it a couple times, but just last weekend I made spam breakfast tacos. Not bad.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Spam is probably my favorite sandwich meat. I really do not like it cooked.
View Quote
I cooked it for years before trying it straight from the can and I was surprised how good it was

I've tried a lot of of the flavors but usually just buy the bacon and reduced sodium,I want to try the turkey because I like turkey
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#40]

I’m too goddamned lazy for that, so I just eat nori, rice and julienned Spam in a kind of slurry.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's in short supply here. No Black Pepper Spam for nearly a year. I did get a can of Classic recently just because it was there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Last time I ate spam was mid 2020. Made me sicker than hell. Bad can I guess, cant stand the thought of eating it again.

Used to love it, sliced thin, fried till a golden brown and crispy, then onto a whole wheat sub roll with spicy mustard and real cheddar cheese slices.

Dont want it in my house after the last time these days.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Shred up spam with shredded hard boiled eggs, mix in chopped up onion and mayo.  Makes for a great sandwich spread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Shred up spam with shredded hard boiled eggs, mix in chopped up onion and mayo.  Makes for a great sandwich spread.
View Quote
Yes. Substitute relish for onions though. Good idea. I'll have to try that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Hickory smoke Spam, white America cheese, scrambled eggs on toast, with hot coffee and a snow fall for breakfast.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Low sodium Spam is my favorite.  Just add your favorite hot sauce.
View Quote

Low sodium!

"Heavy on the flavor, light on the other stuff. This variety offers the scrumptiousness of SPAM® Classic with 33% less calories, 50% less fat, and 25% less sodium, which means you can enjoy the taste you love more often. It’s the perfect SPAM® variety for swimsuit season."

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

what.....Id buy that!
View Quote

soap in a can
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#49]
In at least some of the Hawaii Jack in the Box, they serve Spam Fried Rice Bowls!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
With much strange going on in this country, started buying some shelf stable meats (spam) that last a few years. Had to test cook a few. Who knew they were really tasty with breakfast? ... and hell, I didn't know they were making them in flavors like hickory.
Had a Hormel canned breakfast hash the other day, that was good too.
What else am I missing fella's?
View Quote

Take an 8"x8" baking pan.  Dump in a can of hash (I like corned beef) and spread evenly.  Break 4 or 6 eggs on top of the hash and salt, pepper them.  Bake at 400 or so until the eggs reach the desired doneness.  My oven at 400 for 1 can of hash and 4 eggs gets it done to my liking in 15 minutes and this is a single serving for me.  

Spam is kinda good and we stock it.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top