Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What's funny is it is mainly white people who come up with all this nonsense that non-white people are supposedly offended by or oppressed with.  Clearly, white people care more about this so called oppression and privilege than the actual people it supposedly negatively affects.  I think white people now have too much time on their hands....way too soft if they can come up with this nonsense.  Hell, white people seem intent on their own disenfranchisement.  I wish all these 'white people' who realize what a scourge they are to the planet would off themselves.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Philosophy professor, huh?

1. Reason is good.

2. Reason is racist.

3. Racism is good.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What the fuck did I just read? I want my brain cells back.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
If reason is a construct, how did the good professor reach this conclusion?  Did he use reason?  Then his theory that reason is a construct is also a construct.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
This guy is a pompous windbag. What the fuck is a "white philosophy?" Is there a "black philosophy?" I know there's a red philosophy. I know it because despite the overwhelming evidence that it produces the exact opposite of what it predicts, countless academics continue to insist that it works and they'll get it right this time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah, and like the African Sub-Saharan Continent was a thriving land of peace, bountiful harvests and robust medical treatment for all before Europeans arrived

And this guy is  tenured, making 6 figures, sucking off of the public tit in one of your states.....

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This guy is a pompous windbag. What the fuck is a "white philosophy?" Is there a "black philosophy?" I know there's a red philosophy. I know it because despite the overwhelming evidence that it produces the exact opposite of what it predicts, countless academics continue to insist that it works and they'll get it right this time.
View Quote
It's just liberal paternalistic racism.  Some white guy in his ivory tower is trying to come up with an explanation as to why those poor brown people just can't make it.  So he makes an incoherent theory trying to explain it.  All the other guilty, racist white liberals will agree because they need an explanation for their racism which does not justify their racism, if that makes sense.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty much this

Quoted:

He should eat a bag of dicks and then jump into a huge fire.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A philosophy and religion professor at Syracuse University gave an interview to The New York Times Thursday in which he critiqued the notion of pure reason as simply being a "white male Euro-Christian construction.”

Prof. John Caputo was being interviewed by fellow philosophy professor George Yancy for the 13th installment of an interview series Yancy conducts with philosophers regarding racial topics.

Given its emphasis on first principles and abstract thought, it may be tempting to view academic philosophy as a turf where the race of participants matters little, but Caputo says that’s entirely untrue. In fact, race is of central importance, and it’s proven by the mundane phrases philosophers use.

"‘White’ is of the utmost relevance to philosophy, and postmodern theory helps us to see why,” Caputo says in the interview. "I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to people who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Of course, no such thing had ever crossed my mind, but that points to the problem. We tend to say ‘we’ and to assume who ‘we’ are, which once simply meant ‘we white male Euro-Christians.’

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/03/professor-reason-itself-is-a-white-male-construct/#ixzz3esTQuftS
View Quote

So is professor Caputo saying non-while people are irrational / incapable of logic?  If so, that is pretty easy to disprove pretty conclusively.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait. What?

Saying "true north" is now "insensitivity to people who live in the southern hemisphere"?

If those fuckers down there can't handle some directions, fuck them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I see this as good news, really.  We're that much closer to the majority of them outright admitting that reason and logic are incompatible with their beliefs.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#13]
So I don't need a "reason" to justify 30 round magazines, or carrying a gun.

It's just the white man's oppressive logic keeping me down!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#14]
A white guy says reason  is a white construct.  What's next?  Saying brown people would live in trees without us?  That's the most racist thing I've ever heard

Oh, reason is bad because whitey came up with it?  Sure,  I guess if you like not having electricity, having mob violence and witch burning instead of a legal system, starving between January and March every year...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A philosophy and religion professor at Syracuse University gave an interview to The New York Times Thursday in which he critiqued the notion of pure reason as simply being a "white male Euro-Christian construction.”

Prof. John Caputo was being interviewed by fellow philosophy professor George Yancy for the 13th installment of an interview series Yancy conducts with philosophers regarding racial topics.

Given its emphasis on first principles and abstract thought, it may be tempting to view academic philosophy as a turf where the race of participants matters little, but Caputo says that’s entirely untrue. In fact, race is of central importance, and it’s proven by the mundane phrases philosophers use.

"‘White’ is of the utmost relevance to philosophy, and postmodern theory helps us to see why,” Caputo says in the interview. "I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to people who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Of course, no such thing had ever crossed my mind, but that points to the problem. We tend to say ‘we’ and to assume who ‘we’ are, which once simply meant ‘we white male Euro-Christians.’

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/03/professor-reason-itself-is-a-white-male-construct/#ixzz3esTQuftS
View Quote

The fact he is part of the NYT pool of academic loonies should be the first clue to completely dismiss him out of hand. I remember reading an NYT article on nutrition where one of these boobs who was a professor claimed to live on air and an occasional glass of his own urine. Ah who's more ignorant the academic or the "journalist" that reports this garbage.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:16:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When one society conquers the world you should probably try to be more like them because apparently it works.
View Quote

You only think that because you are using your privilidge and reason.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's just liberal paternalistic racism.  Some white guy in his ivory tower is trying to come up with an explanation as to why those poor brown people just can't make it.  So he makes an incoherent theory trying to explain it.  All the other guilty, racist white liberals will agree because they need an explanation for their racism which does not justify their racism, if that makes sense.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the only thing that makes sense, I think.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:20:31 AM EDT
[#18]
This is why we should support making student loans dischargeable by bankruptcy.

Collapse the industry that gives this fuck faces a place to hide and "work"
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:26:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Reason is a white male construct?  So if you're not a white male, reason is not expected of you? Um, wow.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#20]
How cool and edgy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Philosophy professor, huh?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#22]
If there is any justice in the world, when the worm turns on all this PC BS, all these asshats that have outed themselves as pseudo-intellectual, low mental acuity, dimwits will reap what they so gleefully sow.

Out yourselves you purveyor of class warfare and jealousy. I hope you live to rue the day you peddled your smut for a few coins from the realm.

"I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It
reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to
people who live in the Southern Hemisphere.
View Quote

Good god, the lack of critical thinking skills in this one is off the charts!

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#23]
This one I'm going to have to read. OST for hilarity.

I love how racist the anti-racists seem to be.

You just can't expect those non-whites to be able to reason or understand map projections!

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to people who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Of course, no such thing had ever crossed my mind, but that points to the problem. We tend to say ‘we’ and to assume who ‘we’ are, which once simply meant ‘we white male Euro-Christians.’

View Quote

88% of humanity lives in the northern hemisphere.

idiot.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to people who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Of course, no such thing had ever crossed my mind, but that points to the problem. We tend to say ‘we’ and to assume who ‘we’ are, which once simply meant ‘we white male Euro-Christians.’

idiot.
It is irrelevant where everyone lives, that does not change the fact that north is north and south is south. True north is a compass term, it carries no bias or prejudice with it.

I did once ask a woman from South America if all the maps down there had North at the Top and South at the bottom.  She told me of a comic strip where the character went around and flipped all the maps upside down so South was at the top. Made perfect sense to me, but that still does not reflect any Nordo-centrism.  ITS A FREAKING DIRECTION!!

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Zero fucks given
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I kinda wonder WTF is keeping his ass in White Man's world?  There's got to be some Third World Shit Hole that really needs his expertise.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The scary part is I'll bet his theory is coherent and he can sit before a thesis panel and defend it.

The only person I ever encountered who used the phrase true north to describe something other than a heading was Ted Nugent. It's his moral code. It's pretty simple stuff. Don't lie, respect God, respect your neighbors, don't use drugs, don't wreck the place.

The funny part is that he said the whole thing came to him from hanging learning about Indians.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
stopped at professor and jacked off on the screen
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No. We should emulate the losers because we don't want them to feel bad. And when the economy crashes because we are all losers, we all get to starve. Finally equality!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When one society conquers the world you should probably try to be more like them because apparently it works.
No. We should emulate the losers because we don't want them to feel bad. And when the economy crashes because we are all losers, we all get to starve. Finally equality!  

Marxism.  Where everyone is equally miserable (except the tiny ruling class. They're all relatively filthy rich)
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#31]
If you think about it, that's an incredibly racist thing to say, and it's racist in the truest sense of the word. This guy is saying that reason is foreign to non-whites, and that the white mind "invented" reason. Therefore, non-whites were unreasoning until the superior white man came and taught him how to reason.

This should be all over social media. It's about time to show the left for what it is: the nastiest, most vicious racists the world has ever seen. It is historically true and well-documented.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I guess he Kant understand it.[/span]
View Quote

What really steams me is the Locke these nutjobs have on indoctrinating our nation's Jung minds.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

idiot.

See. Minority victimization continues.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The scary part is I'll bet his theory is coherent and he can sit before a thesis panel and defend it.

View Quote
Have you read modern scholarly philosophy?  It will be so obtuse that no one, not even other academics can understand it, but they will all pretend to understand it and heap praise upon it on the off chance that someone else understands it and finds it brilliant.  Seriously, take this example of modern "scholarly thought."

Total presence breaks on the univocal predication of the exterior absolute the absolute existent (of that of which it is not possible to univocally predicate an outside, while the equivocal predication of the outside of the absolute exterior is possible of that of which the reality so predicated is not the reality, viz., of the dark/of the self, the identity of which is not outside the absolute identity of the outside, which is to say that the equivocal predication of identity is possible of the self-identity which is not identity, while identity is univocally predicated of the limit to the darkness, of the limit of the reality of the self). This is the real exteriority of the absolute outside: the reality of the absolutely unconditioned absolute outside univocally predicated of the dark: the light univocally predicated of the darkness: the shining of the light univocally predicated of the limit of the darkness: actuality univocally predicated of the other of self-identity: existence univocally predicated of the absolutely unconditioned other of the self. The precision of the shining of the light breaking the dark is the other-identity of the light. The precision of the absolutely minimum transcendence of the dark is the light itself/the absolutely unconditioned exteriority of existence for the first time/the absolutely facial identity of existence/the proportion of the new creation sans depth/the light itself ex nihilo: the dark itself univocally identified, i.e., not self-identity identity itself equivocally, not the dark itself equivocally, in "self-alienation,” not "self-identity, itself in self-alienation” "released” in and by "otherness,” and "actual other,” "itself,” not the abysmal inversion of the light, the reality of the darkness equivocally, absolute identity equivocally predicated of the self/selfhood equivocally predicated of the dark (the reality of this darkness the other-self-covering of identity which is the identification person-self).

D.G. Leahy, writing in Foundation: Matter the Body Itself.

http://denisdutton.com/bad_writing.htm

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm a nordo-shitlord.

Cool
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Gravity is one of my triggers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been having doubts about the validity of gravity recently myself.

Gravity discriminates against the body mass challenged peoples of the world.

We should ban gravity.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He should eat a bag of dicks and then jump into a huge fire.
View Quote

Multicultural dicks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We should ban gravity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We should ban gravity.

My low BMI is racist .
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Professor Caputo...

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because white men can't jump, right?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#41]
I thank God that I didn't have anyone like him when I was in college.  Granted, most of my college was very field specific, so other than about a year of pre reqs I didn't have any teachers that had never been outside of academia..

But I think I would get expelled (or at least failed) if I had to listen to someone like that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So basically what he is saying (or should be saying) is if not for the awesome ability and intellect of the white males frontal lobe reasoning skills, the human race coming out of the jungle/stone age would not have happened.

So the next time someone wipes their ass with something besides their hand they can thank a white male and then just keep on thanking us from there as their day goes on.

Take the white male out of human history and human history looses everything down to flush toilets.

All I have to say to all non-white males; You're welcome .

That said, the ability to jump is an equally important ability in bringing mankind into the modern world.

View Quote

It's about time the white man gets some recognition for carrying the burden.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#43]

"I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to people who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Of course, no such thing had ever crossed my mind, but that points to the problem.
View Quote

Wow, he really is that stupid.  That's "black holes are racist" level stupid.

ETA:  I'm pretty sure the southern hemisphere has magnetic declination too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"I was once criticized for using the expression ‘true north.’It reflected my Nordo-centrism, my critic said, and my insensitivity to people who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Of course, no such thing had ever crossed my mind, but that points to the problem.

All those rebel flags fucked it up I'm sure
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Don't fuck with the white man!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is why we should support making student loans dischargeable by bankruptcy.

Collapse the industry that gives this fuck faces a place to hide and "work"
View Quote

I like your proposal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top