BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
As posted by Alacrity
Ill not quarrel about group size. I agree with you in principle. As I think you stated, the more shots in a group the better a indicator they are of base accuracy. Until you get that anomaly. Never have been sure the difference between 4 five shot and one 20 shot group. Then again I squeaked by stats.
View Quote

Well, if your sixth shot for some reason is 8"
off your grouping, you can now make that shot your first of a new string 5 group centered around it.
The truth is Most people try for 5 but when that 4th or 5th shot gets away it's,
Hey check out this great 3 Shot Group.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#2]
**Alac sez..."As I think you stated, the more shots in a group the better a indicator they are of base accuracy. Until you get that anomaly."

That's SOOO right.  If we could just throw out that pesky fifth round and score the best four wouldn't we all be Champs?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Big Z - meant a avg of 4 - 5 rnd groups and a 20 rnd group. Sorry mate, wasnt clear - ambiguity is our enemy.

Sure defeats the purpose if number six is off the paper - oops hey look at that 5 round group.

What I meant was I tend to look at averages over time, discounting those I call as poor shots. Those aint the guns fault, and anymore I call most of my bad shots. Still have those now and again I scratch my head on, but they are fewer and fewer. Not that Im getting that much better, but Im attuned to what is making a particular shot go astray.

I think a avg of the last ten , ten shot groups id a pretty fair indicator of base accuracy. I have to believe that in the Uber groups, some of the variables are canceling themselves out, rather than the vaiables are all attenunated at the same time. If so we'd shot those all the time out of that rifle.

Luck
Alac

We're way off on the P/PSS thread, but good to talk to some folks who understand a bit about how things can work.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Arock you've got mail.
Mike
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Vampire- I got it for $689 out the door. I spent another $600 on the scope, $70 for the bipod.
View Quote

Is this the VS or PSS??  and WHO is the dealer!?
thanks!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top