BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
New 1500 with 6,500 miles (bought it with 66 miles 4 months ago).
View Quote

That's like 264 1/4 mile runs, did you find any old time slips in the console?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol Dodge
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RAM = DODGE.

Never Again.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a 2013 ram in 2017 with 30k on it. Warranty to 70k. Motor was the only problem I didn't have. Trans shit the bed a 69k. Luckily the warranty covered it but it never shifted the same.
Had the driver side headlamp worked on 3 times. It wasn't working when i traded it in @ 99k. Water was leaking from somewhere, could smell the mold.

the worse part is I've been looking at a ram 3/4 ton with cumins engine.

Ive been hearing people complain from all manufacturers. Not good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New 1500 with 6,500 miles (bought it with 66 miles 4 months ago).

I bought it brand new from the dealership.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
My question would be what is re manufactured? If it is a short block from the same plant that made your engine, sure. However if it is buy some company the dealership uses, no. At my work (not a truck manufacturer) we build new short blocks on the weekend for service. Granted that isn't all the time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Call corporate yourself and tell them the dealership is screwing with you. I had issues with the dealership service manager and they put him in his place.

866-726-4636
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My question would be what is re manufactured? If it is a short block from the same plant that made your engine, sure. However if it is buy some company the dealership uses, no. At my work (not a truck manufacturer) we build new short blocks on the weekend for service. Granted that isn't all the time.
View Quote
I was told "the casing is old but the internals are all new". I assume they mean an older block rebuilt with new parts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Call corporate yourself and tell them the dealership is screwing with you. I had issues with the dealership service manager and they put him in his place.

866-726-4636
View Quote
Probably too late today, but I will tomorrow. Then again I already told them I would contact corporate so maybe they will report back that a new block was magically approved when Chrysler approves the work order.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]
It's likely that an engine labeled new isn't available to anyone.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of warranties are handled this way. If the tranny goes out in your Acura you're most likely getting a reman.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd call and send an email straight to the top of Fiat or whomever owns that POS company now. That's totally unacceptable.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see this complaint so often. "I bought something new, used it for a while and it shit the bed, now they don't want to give a brand new replacement\part, fucking bullshit!"

It boggles the mind that so many people are still confused about how shit works and don't read their warranty terms.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You wouldn't.  It would all be in the paperwork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me be the devil's advocate here.

For all those that are saying demand hand hold fast for a brand new factory engine. How in the hell would you know it it was one or the other????

Just asking for myself.

You wouldn't.  It would all be in the paperwork.

You'd know by the casting numbers. The dates would be within the last few months of manufacture. A rebuild would be at minimum, 18 months old. For instance, my 2018 Mustang GT was a March delivery but the build date was Nov. 2017. The engine casting numbers are at least 11/17 or older. If I got a new engine today it would have to be ordered and built new. The numbers would say 2021. The engine in my 1970 Mustang was built in late 1969 and I have the casting numbers to prove it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This.  Cheap, low grade garbage with a crap warranty.  I'll never do anything Dodge again.  Never.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RAM = DODGE.

Never Again.

This.  Cheap, low grade garbage with a crap warranty.  I'll never do anything Dodge again.  Never.

You guys are fucking silly.  Every fucking manufacturer has these types of issues occasionally pop up.  Every fucking one.  But yes, please keep with the it's a dodge line from 1990.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder if its the dealer pushing it so they get full value for the job and pocket the difference in price for the reman vs factory oem?
View Quote

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You'd know by the casting numbers. The dates would be within the last few months of manufacture. A rebuild would be at minimum, 18 months old. For instance, my 2018 Mustang GT was a March delivery but the build date was Nov. 2017. The engine casting numbers are at least 11/17 or older. If I got a new engine today it would have to be ordered and built new. The numbers would say 2021. The engine in my 1970 Mustang was built in late 1969 and I have the casting numbers to prove it.
View Quote

Sure...I check the casting numbers on all the engine blocks of the vehicles I own.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd hold firm and make them give you something out of it. Extended warranty etc.

The average tech does a shit job of reinstalling harnesses and hoses so they don't rub and other little things that don't seem like a big deal but will affect long term reliability.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd hold firm and make them give you something out of it. Extended warranty etc.

The average tech does a shit job of reinstalling harnesses and hoses so they don't rub and other little things that don't seem like a big deal but will affect long term reliability.
View Quote

This.

I’d be more concerned with who is doing the work than the reman engine. Sounds like it would be a long block regardless... everything on the current engine would be swapped over. Chances are the “new” engine would be the same.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't think it really matters
I'd be surprised if anybody ever gets a brand new engine, unless it's new enough design to not have remans sitting around.
as has been mentioned, Dodge built the original engine, if it's a factory reman it should be good as or better than new.
View Quote
Apparently that isint saying much.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#22]
lollolo no.

grand cherokee hemi popped at 160k. new motor from maxcare no questions asked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was told "the casing is old but the internals are all new". I assume they mean an older block rebuilt with new parts.
View Quote

So, tell me about this casing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
lollolo no.

View Quote

They stopped offering max care in 2019 I believe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lollolo no.

They stopped offering Lifetime MaxCare but they still offer MaxCare up to 8 years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
lollolo no.

View Quote
Did they give you shit about oil change receipts or service records? I have MaxCare and do my own oil changes but I keep an excel record and all of my receipts.

Very sorry to hear, OP. I have a 2015 I had special ordered and it's had very few problems.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Did they give you shit about oil change receipts or service records? I have MaxCare and do my own oil changes but I keep an excel record and all of my receipts.

Very sorry to hear, OP. I have a 2015 I had special ordered and it's had very few problems.
View Quote
No, because I haven't done any maintenance yet. It's that new.

Today I talked to corporate and they say I have to work it out with the dealer. Which is fucked because the dealer says only corporate can make that call. So now I'm waiting for a supervisor from corporate to call.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Hold out for a Demon crate motor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Dealership called me today and all of a sudden they were able to cough up a new motor! I can only guess corporate twisted their arm.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dealership called me today and all of a sudden they were able to cough up a new motor! I can only guess corporate twisted their arm.
View Quote

Be careful, cause car dealers NEVER lie
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
New 1500 with 6,500 miles (bought it with 66 miles 4 months ago). Engine went to shit yesterday and they are submitting it for a new engine. But when they say new, they want me to accept a remanufactured engine. A remanufactured engine in my brand new truck. I told them I didn't want a like new engine in my brand new truck, but they contend corporate will only send a remanufactured one. Not remotely happy about it because for one, fuck that, and two, what kind of depreciation will that cause my truck?
View Quote

Call your AG
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rebuilt means they just took out the broken part & replaced it.
Remanufactured means they stripped it down to the block, machined it, & added all new parts.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be sure to get an invoice for it. My wife's uncle used to be in the warranty business for GM and said he can investigate the numbers to make sure it is a new engine and not remanufactured.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Rebuilt means they just took out the broken part & replaced it.
Remanufactured means they stripped it down to the block, machined it, & added all new parts.
View Quote
Either way I don't want a like new engine in a brand new truck.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top