User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've resisted the urge to buy the LCP because I've been waiting for this for the past six months. Hope the wait ends up being worth it.

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_380_p.html[/url]

[url]http://www.kahr.com/imgs/mdtl_p3833.jpg

What are the dimensions on the P380?  If it's the same as the PM9 get the 9mm.  Pretty much looks like my PM9.

The P380 will be smaller than the LCP!

I love my PM9, but I'm getting a P380 to replace my P3AT as my BUG.  The PM9 is not nearly as small and light as the P3AT, LCP, & P380.  I can't put a PM9 in my back pocket and sit on it all day comfortably.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2008 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]

We want to remind gun users that, for maximum safety when carrying any pistol with a loaded magazine in place, the chamber should be empty, and the slide should be closed. Any gun may fire if dropped or struck.

read what it says people.  
sure any gun with one in the pipe will be less safe than an empty gun.
we all agree on this.  so what is the issue?  i think some of you guys will use any excuse to up your post counts.

Link Posted: 11/1/2008 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Well heres 6 of um ready to go out
one of them is mine  can't say i am very pleased

Link Posted: 11/2/2008 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My grandfather had a kel tec pf11 fire a round when it fell off a shelf from head high and landed muzzle down, put a hole in the floor.  This was a couple of years ago, don't know if they changed that since then.
Link Posted: 11/2/2008 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My LCP has functioned just fine from the day I got it. Suck hard on that.

Ditto on that but mine qualifies so off it goes.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2008 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We want to remind gun users that, for maximum safety when carrying any pistol with a loaded magazine in place, the chamber should be empty, and the slide should be closed.

I guess that might help explain why I can't think of a single law enforcement agency that issues Ruger pistols.
Link Posted: 11/2/2008 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll stick with my keltec.
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My LCP has functioned just fine from the day I got it. Suck hard on that.

Ditto on that but mine qualifies so off it goes.  

This
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone got their label to ship it back yet?
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone got their label to ship it back yet?

I called to get labels for the growing pile at the shop I kinda sorta work/hang-out at

ruger told me 2 weeks till i get boxes/labels
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#12]
But the LCP has a slide lock, and the P3AT is,...nevermind.

Good to here about the recall. Atleast they are trying to solve the issue instead of ignore it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Forwarded the link to a friend. Turns out his LCP was affected.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess they did not copy Kel-Tec quite well enough.

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Since the Ruger is a copy I'll bet the P3AT has the exact same issue. Just ruger is going to make changes to the desing to make it drop safe.

Here's a link to a gent who set up a rig to do his own drop tests on his KTs. Even with the FP spring removed, it didn't pop the primer after a 9' drop....

First page is about how he constructed the test rig, second page is results. Tested the P32/P3AT as well as a couple other KTs and a 1911.

KT drop test
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:10:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
 God forbid they ever attempt to make an AR15!!!

It's coming. Don't worry.

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought mine just recently for Law Enforcement when I need a gun to carry and I can't carry my issued weapon or my S & W 340 PD on my leg. Now, I've been in Law Enforcement for over 15 years and I've never heard of a criminal waiting for an Officer to chamber a round prior to a gunfight. I think someone at Ruger needs to put down the crack pipe. If the gun isn't designed to have a live round in the chamber.....then I got to reconsider my purchase and maybe sell it. Now, I know I'm going to get flooded with buy offers........please don't. I never heard of a gun manufacturer making this claim for semi-auto pistols. I have heard of never having a hammer resting on a live round relative Single Action Cowboy Revolvers.

Anyway, you would think that Ruger would not ship to distributors or have their distributors send back the LCP's they were shipped. Go figure. I know Ruger is fixing the problem on their dime......but don't you think they are wasting a lot of money? I quess they will make up the difference by keeping the price high on other firearms they sell. PAT.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#20]
My dad got his box yesterday and UPS came to get it today and the driver refused to take it. The driver said he cannot take guns.

The driver knew what was in the box and said he has already delivered several of them.

Any one else have any trouble???
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My dad got his box yesterday and UPS came to get it today and the driver refused to take it. The driver said he cannot take guns.

The driver knew what was in the box and said he has already delivered several of them.

Any one else have any trouble???

No.  My label says 'contents: Product Return.  Address is SRC, 200 Ruger Road.  So, only the address is an indication of what is in the box....
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top