Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/8/2005 6:39:28 AM EDT
Today is the one year anniversay of Dime's death and I just wanted to post in memoriam.  I miss him and his music.  He was one of the truly great guitarists and he was a great person.  Long live his music and memory.

RIP Dime.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Today is the one year anniversay of Dime's death and I just wanted to post in memoriam.  I miss him and his music.  He was one of the truly great guitarists and he was a great person.  Long live his music and memory.

RIP Dime.

Damn this year went fast
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Never heard of him.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can't believe it has been a year already.  Pantera is one of my favorite bands.

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RIP Dime.

Damn this year went fast

+1
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#7]
RIP

Walk...........   Are you talking to me?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Never heard of him.

Like he said.  Who?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Guitarist that got murdered on stage last year by the guy off his meds, cop showed up and put him down.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#10]

RIP
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Lead guy from Pantera. One of my patients was a close friend of his.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never heard of him.

Like he said.  Who?

+1
a guy named dimebag is as big a druggie as Lennon right
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never heard of him.

Like he said.  Who?

+1
a guy named dimebag is as big a druggie as Lennon right

RIP thread.  Please stop ing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#14]
RIP Dime - that guy was an amazing guitarist and seemed like a down to earth guy who just like to jam and have a good time. It's hard to believe that was a year ago.

"I will unlock my door. And pass the cemetery gates"
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Personally, I was never into that whole genre of music, but I can appreciate talent.  If you would like a nice tribute song check out Cross Canadian Ragweed's album Garage, there's a song on there called Dimebag.  It's quite good.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: Today is the one year anniversay of Dime's death and I just wanted to post in memoriam.  I miss him and his music.  He was one of the truly great guitarists and he was a great person.  Long live his music and memory. RIP Dime.
Oh man, I thought another gang member got executed! I was about to do a Happy Dance!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#17]
RIP Jeff "Mayhem" Thompson and the others who died that day with Dime...  Our lives are emptier without you.

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I don't care who you are, if you don't love that song you are not human.

I too cant believe how fast this year has gone by. I was shocked this morning when I heard that today was the one year anniversary.

RIP.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#20]
RIP Dime
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#21]
A whole fucking year. Wow.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Someone list their favorite Pantera/Dimebag song so I can go sample it on iTunes.  

TIA
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Someone list their favorite Pantera/Dimebag song so I can go sample it on iTunes.  

TIA

"Fucking Hostile" or "Walk"
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Cemetary Gates
The entire album "Far Beyond Driven"
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

TIA

The art of shreding
F*king Hostile
This Love
Mouth for War
5 Minutes Alone
Cowboys from Hell

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#26]
One year already? Dayum....

Download the song "Floods" NOW
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#27]
He will be missed
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't care who you are, if you don't love that song you are not human.

Great song...Phil still had somewhat of a voice on that...
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#29]
For a good Dime tribute, listen to "In This River" off of the latest BLS album.  Oh, and MTV actually has a really good tribute on their website Remembering Dime
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

TIA

Cemetary Gates is the most appropriate
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
RIP Jeff "Mayhem" Thompson and the others who died that day with Dime...  Our lives are emptier without you.

tinypic.com/icl2et.jpg

+1

Mayhem was an outstanding individual a fearless bodyguard.

He had worked for a previous band I was in on ocassion.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#32]
RIP. Such an amazing talent and energy in him, very sad and angering that he had to be taken away from us so violently..especially in front of his own brother and bandmates
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#33]

RIP. Such an amazing talent and energy in him, very sad and angering that he had to be taken away from us so violently..especially in front of his own brother and bandmates

I couldn't imagine what that was like for Vinnie.  Such a shame.  I saw Pantera a few times and man... when they were touring for Reinventing the Steel, and the opened up with "Hellbound" I thought I'd need earplugs.  They put on the best show I had seen.  I will never forget it!

Damn I miss Dime!  

Watch it go!!!!!!!!

Black Tooth!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#34]
frustrating part is that the shooter did this for one reason....he thought Dimebag killed Pantera. I dont want to get into band-politics but we all know Phil Anselmo let Pantera die because he was too busy with his shitty side projects and shooting up heroin
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#35]

frustrating part is that the shooter did this for one reason....he thought Dimebag killed Pantera. I dont want to get into band-politics but we all know Phil Anselmo let Pantera die because he was too busy with his shitty side projects and shooting up heroin

I agree with most of that though I really like the first DOWN CD.  Good stuff there.  It is a shame about Pantera not staying together.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I agree with most of that though I really like the first DOWN CD.  Good stuff there.  It is a shame about Pantera not staying together.

Down was alright I agree, but super joint ritual and the other ones? Come on Phil, that shit couldn't hold a candle to Pantera
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Down was alright I agree, but super joint ritual and the other ones? Come on Phil, that shit couldn't hold a candle to Pantera

What other ones?  His only side-projects were SJR and Down.  And by the way, Down fucking owns.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Dimebag was an awesome guitarist......and an awesome person.......

GhostCat
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What other ones?  His only side-projects were SJR and Down.  And by the way, Down fucking owns.

There were a few others, I dont think they lasted long, necrophagia? might of been one, can't remember.  I still think he should of stuck to what he did best, and devote all energy and time to that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]
The only reason I know who he is, my idol Eddie VH showed up to some tribute to him drunk-as-a-skunk, cut off Zak Wyldes (sp?) tribute, and made a total a$$ of himself

Steve Vai is my offical guitar god now
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Who doesn't love Cowboys from Hell?

Damn, he was a good musician

- BG
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I ran into him at a guitar show when I was a teen and he seemed like a really cool, down to earth dude. He took the time to sign a guitar for me and showed me a few licks. He even explianed how he did those crazy hi-pitched wails on Cemetary Gates and This Love.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Rip Dimebag. I knew Mayhem and I was sick to my stomach when I found out he was dead. That man was a really good person and it is horrible that he died that way.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Cowboys from hell.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Down fucking owns.

Your right, they do!  I really like Kirk and Pepper's blend.  I met all of the guys from Down in Cincy a few years back.  I am also into COC and Crowbar.  Kirk is a trip, I've bullshitted with him a couple of times.  One drunk mutherfucker!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

TIA

cemetary gates.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#47]
<------------------
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
<------------------ www.singemfrc.com/music/images/101proof.jpg

Worst live album evar.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Or someone important

Maybe not I guess.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Read an article in Guitar magazine that told a story about Dime doing this autograph signing session at a music store.
This one kid came up with his dad to get an autograph, and commented that he wanted to be a guitar player because of Darrell's influence.
He went on to say that his dad was saving up to buy him a guitar for Christmas...but he had been laid off work, and would likely not be able to swing it that year.
Darrell signed the kid an autograph, and told him to stick around after the session (He told him he had some T-shirts, and Pantera memorabilia for him, or something like that to make sure the kid hung around.)
When the autograph session was over...Darrell took the kid and his dad into the music store showroom, and hooked the kid up with a top of the line guitar, amp, accessories, and lessons.
Told him the next time he was in town, they were going to jam together.

BTW, He originally called himself "Diamond Darrell", but changed it to "Dimebag" because he was told it sounded cooler...not because he was a dope fiend.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top