BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If we ever want to get rid of the entitlement system, we will have to prove that we, as conservatives are generous. The argument against getting rid of welfare is Conservatives would let starving kids die in the streets.

Stopping being generous as a group will simply enforce the stereotype that we can't survive as a society without welfare.

Statistics consistently show that Republicans are FAR MORE charitable than Democrats.

Yet, the parasites still want more.

It boils down to parasites wanting something for nothing and their numbers are becoming LEGION.

You are simply not fully recognizing the HUGE segment of society that has the parasitical ideology and I am a bit surprised by this.

They will not change and, as such, a financial collapse is probably going to occur in the years to come.  

That is the only thing that will change this epidemic of parasites we are experiencing.

They care nothing about anyone or anything but themselves and they, quite simply, are becoming the majority.

I think you're right, sometime over the last 4 years we crossed the line where they have silently become the majority.  Unless it is reversed, which is doubtful, as a country we're screwed.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:47:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will ONLY give through my Church. No more to any non-Christian charity.

We have a great mission in the Philippines called Fruit Bearers. Basically provides medical surgeries for children born with a variety of birth defects.  From vision, hearing to facial problems to limbs and walking issues. Amazing how far the money goes and how the people are flocking in. Also sponsoring an AIM (Africa Inland Mission) pilot.

Money is better spent and/or saved at home. Time to hunker down and do it to it.

Money is better turned into something other than "U.S. dollars" for the foreseeable future. Stocks, gold, guns, real estate - something with tangible value that will appreciate in tandem with the inflation that has to happen soon.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The problem with that is that if charity donations really go down the government will point to that to justify higher taxes to support a bigger social safety net, since private charity isn't cutting it.  

Only delays the inevitable. Let's just get it over with quickly. When has this liberal/communist shit ever actually worked for the people?

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:48:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem with that is that if charity donations really go down the government will point to that to justify higher taxes to support a bigger social safety net, since private charity isn't cutting it.  

The tax increases are coming automatically anyway on Jan. 1. I don't fucking care anymore. I am done supporting others voluntarily. 50% of the country doesn't need/want my help and the other 50% doesn't deserve it. It's that simple.

It's sad that we have to say that but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You may be 100% correct but I will no longer let "what ifs" dictate what I do as it regards charitable giving.

Right now it's just enabling and I refuse to be a part of it by my own hand.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:52:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Might I suggest to everyone who won't give to charities that benefit the parasites that they give a few bucks to the Second Amendment Foundation.

That organization really IS a GOOD one IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:56:34 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want to help poor people, educate them.

Under duress, if necessary.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How do you do that if parasites make up the majority of the population?
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Might I suggest to everyone who won't give to charities that benefit the parasites that they give a few bucks to the Second Amendment Foundation.

Truth.....

SAF and the VCDL is about all I'll be donating to now.

LOL...A new mind-set can sure whittle down the donation list.

That loose change that the SA got thrown in the kettle is better used to protect what rights we have left the way I see it. Loose change adds up.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:59:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't spout religion often, but I will continue to be generous because I was commanded to, despite the state of worldly governments.  

Well, when God shows up for the elections, I will show up for charity.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:00:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Try to figure out how much of your money is being stolen and count that towards your tithe.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:02:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand but who will put them under duress if parasites make up the majority of the population?

See what I mean?
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't spout religion often, but I will continue to be generous because I was commanded to, despite the state of worldly governments.  

If 10% is good enough for Jesus, 35% should cover Him AND leave  plenty of meat left over for the Federal Government's interests.

I can't keep track of the:
ObamaCare
Obamaphones
Obamacars
Obama-internet access
Medicare
Medicaid
SSI
SCHIP
Section 8
Food Stamps / supplemental assistance
Unemployment
Subsidies
Various other "disability" programs I won't mention so this site's panties won't twist further

Not to mention the myriad of state-level programs that I can't remember or don't even know about.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I have never given to the poor, nor will I.

I have better charity to concern myself with.  .mil, firefighter, and leo for starters.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:05:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have never given to the poor, nor will I.

I have better charity to concern myself with.  .mil, firefighter, and leo for starters.  

I've pretty much been that way for MANY, MANY years.

Now, with old clothes I will find individual families who I decide who those clothes go to.  I don't care about losing the tax deduction.  This message is more important IMHO.

I am done with any sort of donations to parasites, except for disaster relief.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:06:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes, but you can do it where you see fit, individually, the way God meant it to be.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:07:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If we ever want to get rid of the entitlement system, we will have to prove that we, as conservatives are generous. The argument against getting rid of welfare is Conservatives would let starving kids die in the streets.

Stopping being generous as a group will simply enforce the stereotype that we can't survive as a society without welfare.

A fat liberal told me yesterday she got into an argument at the polling station:   someone was against a school levy (in an area known for corruption and horrible management of resources).   She said "I don't understand how anyone could ever vote against children."  

"Those people" don't give a shit about you, what you do in your free time or how generous you are.   Generalizations and stereotyping is the core of Modern Politics, so the Tea Party will always be dumb white racists, Republicans will always hate blacks, the poor, immigrants and be fighting some imaginary war against women.    Liberals will always be the Motherly party of helping those in need...  if they can just get Evil Rich Corporations to pay just a little bit more (you selfish bastards)!

Captain Obvious says this shit is obvious - hell it's only been the status quo for 20 years.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:08:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but you can do it where you see fit, individually, the way God meant it to be.

I render unto Caesar what Caesar demands, and unto God what is God's.

Everyone else is on their own from now on.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Roger that! I was planning to travel to Pennsylvania over Thanksgiving I don't think so now screw 'em!
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:12:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:   I resolve to no longer donate to the likes of the Salvation Army, Goodwill, Meals on Wheels, United Way, Hunters for the Hungry, Toys for Tots, or any such charity that caters to the "poor".

Toys for tots... really?... ok then.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:13:54 AM EDT
[#22]
"I gave at the (tax) office."
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:14:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OK so the Free Shit Army held sway this election so why would you donate to them anymore than what the .gov picks your pocket for?

I resolve to no longer donate to the likes of the Salvation Army, Goodwill, Meals on Wheels, United Way, Hunters for the Hungry, Toys for Tots, or any such charity that caters to the "poor".

I hate to waste anything but I'll be dammed if I'm giving the "poor" a fucking thing anymore. I'll bag it up and take it to the dump first. Fuck them.

Actions have consequences and if they want Zero and those like him in office they can damn well look to them for their fucking help as they are not getting it from me.

Yeah I'm bitter over the election and particularly bitter about the damn fools here in my own state but at least I can act on my bitterness by not being a bigger fool and donating the Free Shit Army.

Keep this in mind come Christmas time when they trot out the "lists of needy" at your place of employment that they want you to "adopt".

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:15:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:   I resolve to no longer donate to the likes of the Salvation Army, Goodwill, Meals on Wheels, United Way, Hunters for the Hungry, Toys for Tots, or any such charity that caters to the "poor".
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2010/09/19/20toys_t607.jpeg

Yeah, really. Your "less fortunate" kid wants a toy for Christmas? I'm sure you can find a way to save $50 over the course of an entire year to pay for that, instead of expecting others to do it for you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#25]
animal shelter > homeless shelter

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It is Toys for Tots of parents who are members of the Free Shit Army....by providing their kids free toys you free up money they need to be spending on their kids.....see how that works?

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:17:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OK so the Free Shit Army held sway this election so why would you donate to them anymore than what the .gov picks your pocket for?

I resolve to no longer donate to the likes of the Salvation Army, Goodwill, Meals on Wheels, United Way, Hunters for the Hungry, Toys for Tots, or any such charity that caters to the "poor".

I hate to waste anything but I'll be dammed if I'm giving the "poor" a fucking thing anymore. I'll bag it up and take it to the dump first. Fuck them.

Actions have consequences and if they want Zero and those like him in office they can damn well look to them for their fucking help as they are not getting it from me.

Yeah I'm bitter over the election and particularly bitter about the damn fools here in my own state but at least I can act on my bitterness by not being a bigger fool and donating the Free Shit Army.

Keep this in mind come Christmas time when they trot out the "lists of needy" at your place of employment that they want you to "adopt".

This I am with you....fuck them
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:18:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thing is, once they realize that taxes on income alone won't pay for their redistribution schemes, a tax on assets is sure to follow.  Own a home, a car, a bank account, a 401K?  Give it up, bitch.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thing is, once they realize that taxes on income alone won't pay for their redistribution schemes, a tax on assets is sure to follow.  Own a home, a car, a bank account, a 401K?  Give it up, bitch.

I was afraid of that.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:20:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come and get it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Liberals aren't seeing your generosity.  They're seeing what you have left and saying "We want that too!!"  

Remember the children's book "The Giving Tree"?  The boy takes more and more until the tree is just a stump...and then the boy sits on it and complains.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#32]
I will never again donate anything to anybody ever. I will burn it first. Especially money.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:26:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to drive to Las Vegas next year.  Not now.

I will stay in red states such as Montana, Idaho and Utah.  I won't spend any money in any of the communist states.

This X eleventy fucking gozillion.  

As a Virginian I'd ask you stay away from here as well. Not sarcasm at all, please help starve my state so that the welfare rats will leave and we might have a chance to retake our Commonwealth.

I can only hope at this point that they cut the DOD budget and stop building ships so that my economy tanks and turns Hampton Roads into little Mogadishu. I'm ready to watch the world burn.

Yep, hope the sequestration fucks in the ass all the Obamites in NoVA.  They're ruining VA - even my neighborhood went slightly for Obama!    Fuck you Free Shit Army!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:27:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liberals aren't seeing your generosity.  They're seeing what you have left and saying "We want that too!!"  

Remember the children's book "The Giving Tree"?  The boy takes more and more until the tree is just a stump...and then the boy sits on it and complains.  

http://www.teachingchildrenphilosophy.org/w/images/The_giving_tree_img2.jpg

Yup. All of this talk about "they'll have to raise taxes if you cut charity" is nonsense. They're going to raise taxes regardless. When was the last time you heard any member of Congress say "we need a tax increase because charitable donations are down?"  Right, never.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:28:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I've already stopped, partway into Obongos first term.

I give individually and personally to those who are truly in trouble and do not have the entitlement mentality. That is how charity is supposed to work anyway. It's also bad for the receiver if it's given without any behavioral expectations.

I am already feeding  the leeches via my tax dollars, I will not also do it with what little disposable income I have.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#36]
I do not donate to the poor because, while there are exceptions, the vast majority of American "poor" are NOT poor. Go to the 3rd world if you want to be poor.

Second, one is poor in America by choice. Granted, being smart (and lucky) helps, but there is NOTHING stopping someone that is born to a "poor" family from studying hard, getting an education, and becoming successful. Only bad life choices.

BTW, I have been "poor".. My father is construction, my mother is a career minimum wager
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:34:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I give directly to those I deem deserving or I don't at all.

Me too...

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:34:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I know someone who delivered toys for Toys for Tots...the kids on the receiving end were surly section 8 welfare shitheads.  He quit.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#39]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

"Obama gonna pay my rent and pay for gas for my  car!"

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:37:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Long ago I quit donating to national types of charities, deciding to keep my money LOCAL. I gve to my volunteer fire departments, church activities, anything that affects my LOCAL area and people.

Same here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This.  Give to an organization that directly and specifically advances the purposes of individual freedoms.  That is truly the only real charity in life.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fat liberal told me yesterday she got into an argument at the polling station:   someone was against a school levy (in an area known for corruption and horrible management of resources).   She said "I don't understand how anyone could ever vote against children."  

"Those people" don't give a shit about you, what you do in your free time or how generous you are.   Generalizations and stereotyping is the core of Modern Politics, so the Tea Party will always be dumb white racists, Republicans will always hate blacks, the poor, immigrants and be fighting some imaginary war against women.    Liberals will always be the Motherly party of helping those in need...  if they can just get Evil Rich Corporations to pay just a little bit more (you selfish bastards)!

Captain Obvious says this shit is obvious - hell it's only been the status quo for 20 years.

QFT.  If you're worried about what a thief thinks of your moral character, you've just handed him the weapon that he will use to rob you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Good post.  Great idea.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:43:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, really. Your "less fortunate" kid wants a toy for Christmas? I'm sure you can find a way to save $50 over the course of an entire year to pay for that, instead of expecting others to do it for you.

Buuut, that would cut into my beer, and lotto ticket money.  My wife works in a pharmacy, and she routinely gets FSA customers who complain they can't afford their life-saving meds (insulin, heart meds, etc), and then walk right over to the Customer Service counter and plunk down a bunch of money for Lotto tickets.  She wants to hit them over the head with a fireplace poker, it infuriates her so much.

I'll divert my voluntary giving to something more direct.  I can't afford to give money anymore since my taxes are virtually certain to go up about $500 a month starting next year.  Fuck the poor; I'm tired of them voting more money from my wallet.  I can't afford it anymore.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:44:10 AM EDT
[#45]
i agree with the op 100%. i am going to be the biggest fucking asshole to members of he free shit army that you could ever imagine.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:44:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I stopped giving to United Way years ago, when I stopped getting raises.  My family comes first.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:46:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT.  If you're worried about what a thief thinks of your moral character, you've just handed him the weapon that he will use to rob you.

I simply CANNOT agree more.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:48:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I do not donate to the poor because, while there are exceptions, the vast majority of American "poor" are NOT poor. Go to the 3rd world if you want to be poor.

Second, one is poor in America by choice. Granted, being smart (and lucky) helps, but there is NOTHING stopping someone that is born to a "poor" family from studying hard, getting an education, and becoming successful. Only bad life choices.

BTW, I have been "poor".. My father is construction, my mother is a career minimum wager

Something to be said here.

There are laws in just about every state making it ILLEGAL to quit school before you turn 16. There is not a state in the union that charges for high school.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:49:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/YOU-MAD.jpg

LOL...

Nope...More bitter than mad. I can get over being mad.

Bitter is more dangerous to the "poor".

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:59:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes...thinking about rescinding my recent United Way pledge for next year.  The "takers" are clearly a majority in our Country now.  Maybe it is time to begin learning how to go Galt.

Note...this isn't something I really want to do.  We (wife and myself) have always contributed heavily to charities.  I think people like us will be a target of the Administration.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top